N
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
N
I think his appearance is tied to failed removal attempts

enthusiast
enthusiast
It is and I have. I think it also has a tie in to if you use your tadpole too many times, because another way to trigger it is just spamming the tadpole.

Last edited by Sharp; 15/11/20 02:22 AM.
W
veteran
veteran
W
I’ve run into Raphael in a save where I never used the tadpole powers or made any direct attempts to remove it (Volvo or Ethel).

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Warlocke
I’ve run into Raphael in a save where I never used the tadpole powers or made any direct attempts to remove it (Volvo or Ethel).

How about Nettie? I think the most common thing to do - this usually our first fail to remove tadpole

G
guy Offline
G
I've had one where I found ol raph immediately second rest, and one no peep.

I think alot of it might be rng, but the trigger is sleeping

Just from observation. Could be wrong.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Warlocke

Same. In fact I think he showed up on the second rest as well, just like guy above me experienced.

addict
addict
I didn't know why I only saw him in my first run, and not in the other, more play-testy runs. I think some of the ideas thrown in this thread might explain why.

Still, I would have thought that in my second run, I did the Nettie attempt. It might be clashing with other events, like the boar and Astarion.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Someone on this forums said he had 2 runs without Raphael and cambion appeared only at 3rd. I had Raphael after a few rests.

journeyman
journeyman
He was very random for me too. Sometimes he appeared in a run, sometimes he didn't. I couldn't put together what was making him appear. The most recent playthrough, he appeared when I killed Nettie.

veteran
veteran
For me he showed up on my second rest, before any attempt to remove the toadpole.

Does he only show up when resting?
I am sure some people have tried a no rest run.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
A
Ari Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
In all my playthroughs, he showed up right after I entered the blighted village. He showed up even when I neither attempted removal via surgery nor used illithid powers.

Last edited by Ari; 16/11/20 09:31 AM.
veteran
veteran
It is technically possible to finish the ea without resting so I imagine it's possible.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard