Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by SaurianDruid
Originally Posted by Mongoose

That is stupid.

There s no point in playing with less than a full party.

Sure there is. More of a challenge. Easier time using stealth to its fullest. Going solo would be like going Rambo on the goblins using stealth and intelligence to win. Which is fun.

If going solo also over-leveled you for the content it'd remove the challenge of playing solo in the first place.

Meanwhile if you get tired of playing solo you can easily go back to camp, grab some followers, and head out.

I like it this way. It is flexible. And it means I can freely switch out companions and see who I like without worrying about missing out on exp.

Anyone play with only rogues rangers and other sneaky roles?

Not solo. All going sneak mode.

old hand
old hand

Anyone play with only rogues rangers and other sneaky roles?

Not solo. All going sneak mode.

I have all of my party sneaking pretty much all the time. It is sadly too easy because of the idiot AI. That was when I started my solo play.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Do to get XP when sneaking past enemies and avoiding fights?

old hand
old hand
Do to get XP when sneaking past enemies and avoiding fights?

No.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Then what's the point.

addict
addict
Then what's the point.

You tell us.

XP in this is kinda like getting blood from a stone.. Luckily Modders seem to be fixing this.

stranger
stranger
The Pick Pocketing mechanics in this game are a dumpster fire. Hopefully Larian will fix it before release. I’ve attempted Sleight of Hand before with a DC of 10 and it gives me a fail even though I rolled a 20. Add this to the list of the many broken things of this game.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
You don't level up faster when solo. XP is not divided, everyone gets the same amount.

That is stupid.

There s no point in playing with less than a full party.

I hope they make the Lone Wolf mode this way, by giving more XP if you have less party members.

Gaining an extra level or two is infinitely more fun with new abilities than getting some numerical buff to HP or AC or whatever that breaks the rules.

I'd like to be able to play co-op with 2 characters this way.

enthusiast
enthusiast
No sense in going solo if you get the same XP which is very little especially for some of the battles like the wood woads at the gnarled tree for the druid quest. I've tried everything I could to take them out and when I try to attack with my sword I get the "invalid target" or I miss. But if I am lucky to hit I do No damage whatsoever. these things can't be immune to everything, can they? If so how the heck are we suppose to get to the tree? Also, the mephits or whatever them flying things are with them you kill one or two of them and they call forth more of them.

Y
Y
You are completely right. I dislike that the game essentially revolves around the player having to get into conflicts and quest hunting to level up. The game gives you options of how to play, but ultimately funnels you down a path of region level locking until you do xyz in a narrative.

There is balance to that tho, that I'll agree makes sense. But it would be nice to actually be rewarded with role playing who you want to be, and how you want to tackle missions. And if keeping your blades clean and the enemies fooled is the style you want to go. The game should reward you for it, rather than say, "cool moves...now go do what we scripted"

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by Bukke
Originally Posted by Rhobar121
By the way, they have to adjust the amount of experience gained (or requirements per level). At the moment, it is definitely too much. When we finish act 1 (in full game), we will have about 6-7 lvl which is too high (there will be 3 acts in the game).

There's definitely enough XP to reach level 5 in the current version of act 1, but I don't think we'll be able to reach level 6 or 7.
Level 4 is 2700 XP
Level 5 is 6500 XP
Level 6 is 14000 XP

with a exp cap remover, I am about 50% done with the "act 1" and am already lvl 7 If I keep doing it the way O do it , accept quest, do quest, then kill the quest giver. I will reach lvl 9 by totally clearing the map of every living thing

patch 3 introduced exp gain on conversation. so you get that exp and then you kill them to get even more.

I was lvl 4 I had not leave the druid groove yet.

Last edited by Evil_it_Self; 08/12/20 04:06 PM.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard