Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#735015 16/11/20 10:22 AM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hey everyone - I'm not 100% sure if this was talked about already but here it goes:

How UI handle reaction is counterintuitive - I played almost a full playthrough as a warrior (my 3rd play, first was a warlock, the second was rouge) - and I was thinking riposte is bugged - because it didn't trigger even once.
I heard that reactions are bugged so this was not a big deal for me - I just assumed it didn't work.

But then I just discover some Reddit post that reactions can be turned off and on - and an indicator of this is some glowing overlay O.o
I don't know - maybe I'm dumb - I just assumed that if there is a reaction icon in "reaction box/panel" this is something that we are using - I didn't know that we need to toggle it on (click on it) to activate it.

When I was playing Warlock and I choose repealing blast - it was automatically activated. A little bit confused.
Not sure - but i don't think there was any tooltip related to the tutorial about how to activate/deactivate reaction.

Did anyone else had a similar problem?

addict
addict
Yes. I'm not sure I'm fully on top of Reactions either.

The UI isn't exactly stellar at the moment. This is general, and it applies to reactions as well.

In addition, I think Larian hasn't fully decided how they would translate Reactions from the TT rules to their video games. So the mechanism isn't fully figured out yet. At least, that's what they said in the pre-EA communication, and we haven't had much update about where they are and where they are going since EA started. So, to my understanding, this mechanism is still likely to evolve.

And finally, I'm fully with you : the game is currently not very good at teaching us how to play it. Hopefully, the explicit in-game tutorials will improve, the UI will do a better job at implicitly teaching us the rules, and there will be an in-game manual so we can actually read the rules, as Larian will have eventually made them. But that will only be when the game (and the rules) are much closer to completion.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard