Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
[Linked Image]
They've updated patch3 three times since this morning.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Maybe? They've been filling it up for quite some time now.

old hand
old hand
Not that we're interested or anything. [/Shadowheart]

Stalking intensifies.

apprentice
apprentice
Recently they did this update on twitter:
"Thank you for an awesome first month of Early Access! To everyone who has played the game and submitted feedback through various channels, we appreciate your support. We’re working on more patches and will have more updates for you soon!"

source: https://twitter.com/baldursgate3/status/1327311485459181568
To be honest I still believe that we need to wait for a while, but it could be that patch is closer than we think.
How big it is - this is another question. I personally believe that we will get fixes first - changes will come but not that soon.

enthusiast
enthusiast
[Linked Image]

Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I just want any new content at this point. With the tester base being so massive playing the game any more than I already have (93 hours) would net me more hours in BG3 than I have in DOS2...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Asseronia
Recently they did this update on twitter:
"Thank you for an awesome first month of Early Access! To everyone who has played the game and submitted feedback through various channels, we appreciate your support. We’re working on more patches and will have more updates for you soon!"

source: https://twitter.com/baldursgate3/status/1327311485459181568
To be honest I still believe that we need to wait for a while, but it could be that patch is closer than we think.
How big it is - this is another question. I personally believe that we will get fixes first - changes will come but not that soon.

Same. I wouldn't be surprised if the first major patch mostly consists of bug fixes and implementing features that weren't quite ready for the original EA release.
If there will be actual system changes or reworks I expect them to come at a later date.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Bukke
Same. I wouldn't be surprised if the first major patch mostly consists of bug fixes and implementing features that weren't quite ready for the original EA release.
If there will be actual system changes or reworks I expect them to come at a later date.

They've done some bug-fixing patches already. While fixing bugs is important, people are impatient and want balance changes. It's been a month and a half without even any acknowledgement from Larian about the game balance issues.

You've got that dead wrong about system changes and reworks. The time for major changes is NOW, because that gives more time to tweak and adjust them. A year is not a long time in game development, and the more time passes, the less Larian will be interested in making changes at all, because they'll have spent more time developing based on the old balance and need to tweak many things again.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Originally Posted by Bukke

They've done some bug-fixing patches already. While fixing bugs is important, people are impatient and want balance changes. It's been a month and a half without even any acknowledgement from Larian about the game balance issues.

You've got that dead wrong about system changes and reworks. The time for major changes is NOW, because that gives more time to tweak and adjust them. A year is not a long time in game development, and the more time passes, the less Larian will be interested in making changes at all, because they'll have spent more time developing based on the old balance and need to tweak many things again.

What I meant is I think it's too early for any radical changes to be in a shippable state. I agree that the sooner any system/balance changes are implemented, the better. However depending on how long they spent collecting statistics and feedback I'm still not sure how much time they've actually had to developed and add the said changes.

D
addict
Online Content
addict
D
I imagine that there has been some development that has been ongoing since before EA began. We could be seeing some of that soon.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
I just want any new content at this point. With the tester base being so massive playing the game any more than I already have (93 hours) would net me more hours in BG3 than I have in DOS2...

I have 184.5 hour in, (others have far more than I) various characters, trying various things and still finding things not found in previous playthroughs.. As an EA tester I easily expect 500 hours in, sooner than later.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
[Linked Image]
They've updated patch3 three times since this morning.

its updated every day, since the 6th

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Evil_it_Self
its updated every day, since the 6th
Hey look, it's the guy who posts incendiary remarks that derail the thread.

addict
addict
Community Update #11: More Sexy Goblin

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool
Community Update #11: More Sexy Goblin

With a special video of Crusher singing "Oh you touch my tralala, my ding ding dong". Make it happen Larian!

Last edited by Nyanko; 16/11/20 04:21 PM.
old hand
old hand
I hope Kagha is no longer bad with this patch!
[Linked Image]

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
enthusiast
enthusiast

Pfft, rookie numbers. :P
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by OneManArmy

Errrr, why? I thought you liked bad girls. Also, it's her character arc. A good aligned shadow druid? You serious?

I am legit trying to contain my massive facepalm right now. >.<

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Nicottia

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by OneManArmy

Errrr, why? I thought you liked bad girls. Also, it's her character arc. A good aligned shadow druid? You serious?

I am legit trying to contain my massive facepalm right now. >.<

She can be neutral/netural evil, but now she is just bad and there is no reason to help her, a good character will not support her, an evil hero will choose Minthara, a neutral character will not support her either - the author of this topic has a separate topic about this. I also made a topic with a request Larian to pay more attention to its root and offered options. I want to support her by playing as a high elf, maybe a druid (even a shadow druid lol) but I have no reason, and the game does not provide for this at all. Now her root is a dead end, she just attacks even if we help her

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Nicottia

[Linked Image]
I've been enjoying Spellforce 3 while I wait for more content to be added to EA. The story in BG3 is what interests me the most and you have seen most, if not all of it by the 100 hour mark.

G
addict
addict
G
There's a mod that someone did, who explains that a lot of the spells for the remaining 6 classes are already in the files. They're just not activated, so I hope that we get those incrementally.

Maybe 2 new classes with each major patch, plus quest/camera/animation/dialogue bug fixes, and some direction on the balance suggestions. I am optimistic we will get a big patch by the end of November.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard