Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I'm wondering which of these games will come out earlier? Haha
Perhaps Larian is right about not giving a specific release date. Let them make the perfect game, with a lot of content for everyone, regardless of playstyle, and spend as much time as it takes

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
enthusiast
enthusiast
It is too early to give any date really, especially in current pandemic situation. CDP screwed a little with last delay. Lots of people were prepared for taking holiday at premiere.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Did Cyberpunk 2077 get delayed again? I was under the impression it was supposed to come out in December.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Bukke
Did Cyberpunk 2077 get delayed again? I was under the impression it was supposed to come out in December.

Not yet. 10th December stands for now. I am so tired of waiting any hype has left me.
At least I won't have high expectations anymore...

“There is only one thing we say to Death:
Not today.”
enthusiast
enthusiast
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Verte; 15/11/20 05:49 PM. Reason: posted wrong delay img xD
V
V
Originally Posted by Bukke

Yes, it was delayed to Early December around three weeks ago. However this delay was after it was declared it reached Gold status, which in terms of game linguisitics the game is done and on it's way to the presses to put it on a data storage device CD/DVD. Hence it was a bit of a scandal, how a game, can be delayed after it is done. The consequence is that in CDPR was not correct in the game being done, otherwise they would have stopped the presses, if that game actually releases physically. So Gold status has no meaning, really. And it must have been quite the serious issue considering another 3-4 weeks delay that could not be solved with a Day 1 patch.

In what order will these games come out?.. Baldur's Gate 3, Cyberpunk 2077, Biomutant, Vampire Bloodlines 2, Atomic Heart, Beyond Good and Evil 2. Place all bets now!.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by vyvexthorne
In what order will these games come out?.. Baldur's Gate 3, Cyberpunk 2077, Biomutant, Vampire Bloodlines 2, Atomic Heart, Beyond Good and Evil 2. Place all bets now!.

From what I have read about VMB2 I would rather invest in a book on male intersectional feminism.

addict
addict
I imagine BG3 will be a 2022 game.

From the first gameplay reveal to early access was only 8 months. If they really want to polish this game to AAA market, it will take more than 1 year.

VMB2 will definitely be the last in line. They keep firing people left and right, even their lead writer smirk

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Moirnelithe
VMB2 will definitely be the last in line. They keep firing people left and right, even their lead writer smirk

Looks he wrote the whole narrative already. So I still have hopes for the game.

Originally Posted by IrenicusBG3

Well their creative director got fired as well and later their next lead writer left. And there's still the matter of the expansion that hasn't been written yet but is in some of the pre-order packages afaik. Not to mention the game is being developed by a studio that has never made an RPG before, just some shooter. I wouldn't hold my breath tbh.

I still have hopes for VTMB because I really want to play another VTMB game. It's a selfish hope.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Having little knowledge of game development practices... have we been given any idea how far along the game is(or was at EA release), other than basing it off the EA material released & projected release date?...

They could really be anywhere in terms development... 1 year sounds long but i get it... 2 years sounds a little depressingly long/too long EA... even with knowing rushing the process can be a big mistake...

Hopefully its not longer than the year they said less burnout/disinterest set in... i tend to be a one game pony though...

Last edited by Llev; 16/11/20 07:30 PM.
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
2 years sounds a little depressingly long/too long EA

Not for BG3. Do you want a game done RIGHT or a half baked game?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Cyberpunk 2077 has just been delayed until march 2021 because of the coof.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Originally Posted by Taramafor
2 years sounds a little depressingly long/too long EA

Not for BG3. Do you want a game done RIGHT or a half baked game?

No, i get the "get it right" but some gamers arent playing 2-3 other games in the meantime and/or like to settle on and play one game...

Ive play tested/EA on a few other games and dont mind the process at all but if they go 2yrs, they better add more content because what we currently have cant be stretched out with any meaningful entertainment value(imho) or they should have delayed EA until they were a bit closer... will be hoping they have their shit together and can hit at least pretty close to their own loose schedule... fingers crossed...

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by IrenicusBG3

That's being optimistic, mate. I will probably get it on sale after 1 year cause I don't trust at all their team to pull something good enough. At least, they need a complete rework of combat, which looked trash in the latest demos.

As for BG 3, I wouldn't mind a 2 years period EA if it meant a very polished D&D experience with a fully fledged DM mode for example.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by Llev
Ive play tested/EA on a few other games and dont mind the process at all but if they go 2yrs, they better add more content because what we currently have cant be stretched out with any meaningful entertainment value(imho) or they should have delayed EA until they were a bit closer...

There's two problems with your logic.

1: Of course they're adding new content to BG3. We only have the first chapter, if even that. There's going to be a LOT more added to the game.

2: Early access is EARLY access. This isn't beta. This isn't even alpha. And even those can last a year. This is EARLY. Some games will be released in early access and never done, or called done when they're really not. But I don't think we'll have that problem with BG3.

It doesn't matter if you can entertain yourself before it's released or not. What matters is if the game is something you'll keep playing and coming back too once it's finally released. What you do is up to you. But that's a you issue. Not an issue of the game itself. Unless the game drags out in EA for 3+ years. Then it's a game issue. We simply have to be realistic about what is currently in the game and what has yet to be added in. It shouldn't take more then 2 years. If it does there'll be some major changes as to why. I suspect a 1.5 year before release with expansions added by year 2.

As for Cyperpunk, that game is nearing release. Sales also go up around Christmas. They have to release it by now. Or they risk losing sales. Unless there are some VERY major changes for the long term playability of the game. That's already been done though. If they do it any more people will start losing interest. So they kind of have to release at this point.

Last edited by Taramafor; 19/11/20 04:56 AM.
T
Banned
Banned
T
Cyberpunk 2077 is released tomorrow. Does not matter I am more interested in Baldurs Gate 3. I hope they manage to release full Baldurs Gate 3 towards end of year 2021 though 2022 is possible. I have nothing against Cyberpunk 2077 but it has extremly high system requirements if you want full graphics and ray tracing. Perhaps I play Cyberpunk 2077 when I have a more fast computer and when it cost much less to buy.

Vampire Bloodlines 2? It is dead for me could not care less. They have laid out key staff and hired a feminist or SJW.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 09/12/20 04:37 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard