Next Thread
Print Thread
O
OreGiri Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
Some days ago finished my first playthrough, 19 hours on safe and 50 hours spend in game on steam (spend alot time replaying some quests). As far as i know, larian said that ea is 1st (of 3) act of game, but felling like we got some part(40-80%) of first act, coz we haven't finished location, also no significant steps in main quest, and if it's complited first act, than imho it was preaty fast, but it's ea... what realy concern me is complited game length, coz if it's 1/3 of game, than complited game length is 60 hours? hope not, for comparison my last DOS2 safe is 104 hours... hope larian can afford such length, coz versetality of playthrough is super, but imho larian shouldn't make versetality more important than complited epic adventure. Thank you, may be you got some other thoughts on this point, or may be there is some info from larian?

addict
addict
Based on the length of an average EA first playthrough, along with your speculations about EA content percentage re: act 1, the full game will probably take around 69 hours to play through.

old hand
old hand

It's gonna be like 400 hours for me. I have a strange playstyle.

addict
addict
I have over 400 hours in EA. Some people have finshed EA in like 7 minutes. So YMMV depending on playstyle. If you are a completionist, I would guess there are 15ish hrs. in EA. Act 1 of maybe 3 or 4. Level 4 out of 10ish, but usually you progress slower and slower. So if you are a completionist, I'm guessing 40-60 hrs in the final.

Note: Purely cocktail napkin math pull out of my...

Last edited by RumRunner151; 17/11/20 12:33 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by RumRunner151
If you are a completionist, I would guess there are 15ish hrs. in EA.

You and I have widely divergent definitions of "completionist".

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies

LOL and you know how much time I have spent (at 450 now lol). I was thinking with what I know I could jam through all content in lest that 10 hrs and complete all quests and kill all mobs. Add 50% for peope w/o my experience. As for you especially on the playthrough you are documenting...maybe 100 hrs LoL!

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Once you know where everything is in EA, you can blast through it in about 2/3 hours getting 100% of the content you can access.
My most recent play through was 2 hours, with combat taking up 90% of that.

I really wished I had waited 6 months before buying the game, there is just so little in it. While I enjoy helping bug test the game via EA, this is the first EA I've gone through with so little content.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Larian (Swen) on a stream said BG3 was going to be MASSIVE and was 4 times bigger than DOS2. I don't think I could finish act 1 in DOS 2 in 2 hours. I think what we see in EA maybe expanded? If that is the case and EA is the whole of act 1 we may need 6-7 DLC for 60 hours gameplay.

But the replay value will be quite high I reckon with mods etc. That is one thing "origin" has going for it. I don't see alot happening in 2021 worth pissing myself over, when you need to revisit games from 1997 because most AAA companies release dogshit its hard to be optimistic.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies

It's what I've been thinking. laugh

I am the type of player that has to discover every corner, talk to every NPC just in case I miss some 'secret' stuff. I listen to every dialogue there is. Read every book, letter, note etc. at least once that can be found AND/OR stolen. I am a journal entry hunter, mkay. Now full EA as of now, while doing everything there is to do - takes me on average 45h. First run ever took me 70h. After that I knew roughly what was where so I cut down the aimless wandering around by a huge margin.

Well, I guess if I just skipped all dialogue, it could indeed be somewhere around 15-20h. But what the heck, I love listening to Astarion's smexy voice. Mmmmkay? Mkay.

Last edited by Nicottia; 17/11/20 02:03 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I hope the final game is extensive. I miss long rpgs. Though I hope the game stays interesting and engaging from beginning to end. Dos2 was not enjoyable for me after act 2.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard