Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I would really like to see an OST to the Baldur's Gate III on Apple Music so that I can listen to these beautiful songs from my iPhone.
Borislav Slavov did a very good job, this is one of the best OST for computer games of all time.
I also have a question, who is the vocalist of "Down by the River"? She has talent, I want to find other songs with her vocals

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
addict
addict
BG3 music is phenomenal. Hope they expand it further on the final game.

apprentice
apprentice

You can see her preforming at Game Music Festival

At about 2:27:05 they say her name but i cant spell it and google hasn't been a great help

addict
addict
Originally Posted by jayn23

You can see her preforming at Game Music Festival

At about 2:27:05 they say her name but i cant spell it and google hasn't been a great help

Vesela Delcheva

Couldn't find much about her apart from her role in "Les Miserables". Apparently she's Bulgarian.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
journeyman
journeyman
My guess is that the soundtrack will only be available once the full game is released. Which is somewhat of a bummer.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

Ouch, that doesn’t go anywhere, Especially the second one, it’s seems like 4bars in total (2 for “refrain” and 2 for “chorus”) on repeat. Come on. That hardly qualifies as “tune” not to mention a “song”.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

Ouch, that doesn’t go anywhere, Especially the second one, it’s seems like 4bars in total (2 for “refrain” and 2 for “chorus”) on repeat. Come on. That hardly qualifies as “tune” not to mention a “song”.

What the hell are you talking about?

Last edited by Nyanko; 16/11/20 12:35 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Nyanko

Well, that’s a full phrase. 4 bars + 4 pars. Question and answer. Evoking what? Working song, military cadense, sea shanty. Not quite but something of that kind. Leader calls, mob responds. Simple, yes, repetitive, yes, but effective and appropriate for the intended effect,

I just don’t think the BG3 songs there are any good. Actually, playthrough I am watching got to one of them, and I found it difficult to sit through whole of it. Just repeating same two bars and not going anywhere. Compared to, let’s say song from White March, which is more stylistically appropriate, has proper chord progression and nice melody arc, and isn’t stuck on repeat as if the record broke. I love the concept of diegetic music, and especially games I think could take a better advantage of it. But come on, that’s just another “Leliana” song from DA:O. There is a reason film makers will get songwriters to write their songs.

Last edited by Wormerine; 17/11/20 09:38 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Originally Posted by Nyanko

Well, that’s a full phrase. 4 bars + 4 pars. Question and answer. Evoking what? Working song, military cadense, sea shanty. Not quite but something of that kind. Leader calls, mob responds. Simple, yes, repetitive, yes, but effective and appropriate for the intended effect,

I just don’t think songs there are any good. Actually, playthrough I am watching got to one of them, and I found it difficult to sit through whole of it. Just repeating same two bars and not going anywhere. Compared to, let’s say song from White March, which is more stylistically appropriate, has proper chord progression and nice melody arc, and isn’t stuck on repeat as if the record broke.

https://youtu.be/bp2nCY7z4Wg

Not going to argue about tastes, but you're comparing a ballard with a romance by complexity. That's somewhat wrong approach. It's in genre of one to be complex and tell the whole story and in genre of another one to be simple and even repetitive.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zellin

Not going to argue about tastes, but you're comparing a ballard with a romance by complexity. That's somewhat wrong approach.

Yeah, not my point to make people not enjoy BG3 songs. Good for them if they do.

And just to be clear, any criticism in the post you quoted was aimed at BG3, not Queen... the latter is great.

Link Copied to Clipboard