Page 2 of 2 1 2
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by fallenj
Originally Posted by RumRunner151
Originally Posted by Takolin
or throwing food gets up downed party members

I feel like a moron. 330 hours played...no clue you could throw food/potion at downed party member until I saw it in another thread earlier today. So yeah...it seems like the utility of cleric has been nerfed like the utility of rogue. Guess I am going to have to play through again w/ no cleric now LoL!!!!

Kind of interesting, did you know you could throw characters also. Started having one of my companions throw my halfling for gap closers and jumps.

WOW no, I did not!

enthusiast
enthusiast
I dare you to try the kamikaze bomber strategy: have Lae'zel throw Gale in the middle of enemies, Gale will take damage and die, he does necrotic aoe due to death, enemies take more and more damage per round if they stand in it, if they move away, have Lae'zel throw his corpse around. Just be careful that she doesn't die herself. wink

Last edited by Nicottia; 17/11/20 03:26 AM.
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Nicottia
I dare you to try the kamikaze bomber strategy: have Lae'zel throw Gale in the middle of enemies, Gale will take damage and die, he does necrotic aoe due to death, enemies take more and more damage per round if they stand in it, if they move away, have Lae'zel throw his corpse around. Just be careful that she doesn't die herself. wink

Awesome idea. I hate when Gale goes postal in camp and I kill him too close to the bedrolls.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by RumRunner151
So I just finished another playthrough. Wish I could edit orig post. Anyway, if you want to face roll through this game with so much damage that you will seldom need to heal and I only had 1 party member go down on only a couple of fights:
Swap my trickery cleric w/ STR based shield dwarf rogue. Pick thief. At level 4 pick up two-weapon fighting. Have one of your weapons have on hit properties. I like the Flind's weapon for tons of self heals. Just throw him in the middle of crap and watch it die. Sneak attack is icing. Stuff just melts. Sometimes 3 kills per turn. Most big stuff only survives 2 turns.

Again...alice_ashpool could probably beat the entire game with no cheese and a lvl 1. I have done it multiple times with a lvl 4. So add 3 companions and you can be whatever you want. I am not saying you need to run this party, but if you want to focus on seeing all content without prepping for fights, cheesing, stealth, etc... it's pretty darn good.

Now thanks to alice, I may need to do a lvl 1. FML

After my recent escapades w/ STR Fighter, I think it's better than STR Rogue. Start stealth for 2 turns in a row, Use action Surge. Use menacing attack to frighten them so you get an attack of opportunity and many big things are about dead or dead before they get a chance to even swing.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard