Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 45 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 44 45
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Ari
Come now. Think of the potential. Every week, they could .... hide a Sven model somewhere in the game. It will be like a “where’s waldo” book.

I have changed my mind. I fully support this. I demand weekly patches now!

addict
addict
I think Larian is about to blow us away with an amazing update, probably beginning of December:

<back to our roots> patch
DnD5th full out.
BG2 levels of atmosphere.
Revised UI.
Revised cinematic dialogues. Minor dialogues are now DOS2 text based so they concentrate on story heavy elements and add tons of options and improve animation quality.
Five new highly detailed playable NPCs.
Party of 5. Because <wink wink> 5th edition?

or

<AAA wanabe club special> patch
Some stability patches and OSX fixes, Stadia only performance enhancements.
Controller support for console gamers.
Multiplayer bug fixes. Multiplayer bug fixes. Multiplayer bug fixes.
Yet increased HP bloat and weapon damage increase.
Streamline UI for console users.
Tutorial mode for first timers to RPGs.
Three new cringy sex scenes. Your on top, he/shes on top, and threesome party camp mode.

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 18/11/20 09:39 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Ari
Come now. Think of the potential. Every week, they could change one npc name. Or they could hide a Sven model somewhere in the game. It will be like a “where’s waldo” book.

...you know, I'd be on board with "where did Swen hide this week?"

old hand
old hand
Find Swen sounds like a fun minigame for Early Access.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
I think Larian is about to blow us away with an amazing update, probably beginning of December:

DnD5th full out.
Revised UI.
Revised cinematic dialogues. Minor dialogues are now DOS2 text based so they concentrate on story heavy elements and add tons of options and improve animation quality.

or

Three new cringy sex scenes. Your on top, he/shes on top, and threesome party camp mode.

Cautiously optimistic

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Bukke
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist

DnD5th full out.
Revised UI.

or

Cautiously optimistic

They're going to blow us all with their new cinematics!

enthusiast
enthusiast
I forgot how horny we are.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Nyanko
5GB companion sex scene patch here I come

veteran
veteran

If they will I'll be happy. This should be top priority for them

Last edited by Abits; 18/11/20 11:31 AM.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Abits

If they will I'll be happy. This should be top priority for them

I'm not 100% it this should be a priority - but this is definitely high on the list.
Cinematics are important - but you can still play the game with some broken cinematic-like Shadow Druids wink

I would love to see that they address issues related to game mechanics - you can currently use stealth and ranged attacks to destroy every fight without taking a single point of damage.
There are also a lot of issues related to another aspect of the enemy AI.

Personally, I would like to see fixes to game mechanics before cinematic fixes - but reality is that that probably those are task for 2 different teams and we could get both in future updates smile

veteran
veteran
It should be high priority at the very least since it is the most complicated thing to fix.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
G
addict
addict
G
I wish they could at least say what Patch 3 will entail or the timeline for a new class

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by gaymer
I wish they could at least say what Patch 3 will entail or the timeline for a new class

Larian never did an announcement for patches, they hardly tell us what's there gonna be until something is nearly done.
This is a common tactic - if you need to cut something out, no one really is mad at you because no one knows about it in the first place wink

Everyone would love to see some update but EA is only for one month - this is not much - I'm sure that patch is close, but it still could be like 2-3 weeks.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Asseronia

Larian never did an announcement for patches, they hardly tell us what's there gonna be until something is nearly done.
This is a common tactic - if you need to cut something out, no one really is mad at you because no one knows about it in the first place wink

Everyone would love to see some update but EA is only for one month - this is not much - I'm sure that patch is close, but it still could be like 2-3 weeks.

This is my assumption as well. I assume they just don't want to commit to anything that isn't a done deal, which is more than fair. I just don't understand why not say it explicitly.

Last edited by Abits; 19/11/20 01:02 PM.

B
stranger
stranger
B
I am no longer optimistic. The last time I paid to alpha/beta test a game and got long streaks of radio silence interrupted by infrequent, anemic patches I got Warcraft III Reforged.

I try to hold a fragment of hope, but I'm preparing for a dumpster fire (probably ignited by a barrelmancer).

I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by Abits
Originally Posted by Asseronia

This is my assumption as well. I assume they just don't want to commit to anything that isn't a done deal, which is more than fair. I just don't understand why not say it explicitly.

You should ask yourself why nothing seems to be "a done deal" so that it can be announced.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by BilboWPG
I am no longer optimistic. The last time I paid to alpha/beta test a game and got long streaks of radio silence interrupted by infrequent, anemic patches I got Warcraft III Reforged.

I try to hold a fragment of hope, but I'm preparing for a dumpster fire (probably ignited by a barrelmancer).
Let the upcoming update speak for itself. Also keep in mind that Larian is still getting 3k-4k players a day so their feedback stream hasn't stopped even though I reckon most people here quit by now.

apprentice
apprentice
Lots of patches means lots of money not spent on developing the game. Let them only do it when they have plenty that needs new EA input. Remember as well as the direct cost to Larian in providing the patch (development, editing for EA and QA), they also have to pay Steam/whoever for the privilege of the download. Steam/whoever aren't going to provide all that storage and bandwidth for free and they can't monetise patches (yet).

I would prefer all that EA money go to development rather than some quick content just to please a few forum-goers. Don't get me wrong, I'd love more content, but I know resources are finite.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
Originally Posted by BilboWPG

Let the upcoming update speak for itself. Also keep in mind that Larian is still getting 3k-4k players a day so their feedback stream hasn't stopped even though I reckon most people here quit by now.

There are some big titles coming up soon so I think Larian doesn't expect us to stick around, especially if they are not updating their game regularly. But still, I think the main issue is not exactly on their hands. The country lockdown they've been going through right now doesn't help much with development and setting up update videos or pushing content.

Last edited by Nyanko; 23/11/20 02:32 PM.
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
They made an absolute killing on this game already. There is zero reason to put a huge amount of resources in this game. They sold over 1 mil copies at face value cost. I'm sure the majority of their resources are working on the next greatest project they can sucker another mil peeps to pay full retail for.

The patches for this game will be far and few until release, if it ever gets that far.

Enjoy the new business model, Hype, early access, get paid...and on the the next project.

Page 7 of 45 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 44 45

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard