Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I think Larian should let us know that they are reading this forum. Not to give specifics what kind of feedback has been accepted for work, what changes will be made - it's ok, but guys, just tell us that you are aware of everything that we discuss on the Larian Studio forum and make notes.
It seems to people that you cannot hear us, and only feedback from Twitter important to Larian, but what happens on this forum, the developers and writers do not even know

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
enthusiast
enthusiast
I demand more sexy craft beer in my fridge to read these sexy Larian's reactions here.

Might I suggest more sexy Borat thongs to wear while we're sitting here waiting for Larian's reactions? (This is where Vometia closes the thread I guess frown ).

N
old hand
old hand
N
No, let me post something first! Ah, hum... And we wants cookies! Yes, lots of cookies!!!

old hand
old hand
If I was alice_ashpool, I'd have the perfect one-liner to make fun of this post. But I can't really think of anything super funny right now.

a_a, we need your work here.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Some sticky threads on this forum still have "AOL" referenced.

I can't even use common bbcode tags.

enthusiast
enthusiast
The '' sexy armor '' thread was locked, I just wanted to post this here tho for those like me who are interested.
There was a bit of drama around the female Mandalorians breastplates in The Mandalorian and it caused a lot of discussion around it.

Scholargladiatoria is an actual respected historian and brings up real references from the medieval ages where actual medieval artists depicted breastplates emphasizing the chest ( that's not even getting into Ancient Greece, lots of sculptures and depictions there too ).
Shadiversity I dunno but he's quite well-respected too and his videos are very informative.

Not trying to cause an argument, this is purely for people interested and I don't want to create a new thread for it.
I just think that it has been nice to see some actually legit people talk about it and I've seen a lot of people defending it recently which makes me happy and gives me hope.

Last edited by Svalr; 18/11/20 02:26 AM.
addict
addict
Warning potentially inflammatory comment:
All I hear is: My name is Insecure Ian. Daddy pay attention to me!!!! Tell me I'm special!!!!

veteran
veteran
Stop with the "we" already I don't want anything sexy as I don't believe in sex

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
A
Ari Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
Clickbait. I came for sexy full-plate and all I got were complaints.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Svalr
The '' sexy armor '' thread was locked, I just wanted to post this here tho for those like me who are interested.
There was a bit of drama around the female Mandalorians breastplates in The Mandalorian and it caused a lot of discussion around it.

Scholargladiatoria is an actual respected historian and brings up real references from the medieval ages where actual medieval artists depicted breastplates emphasizing the chest ( that's not even getting into Ancient Greece, lots of sculptures and depictions there too ).
Shadiversity I dunno but he's quite well-respected too and his videos are very informative.

Not trying to cause an argument, this is purely for people interested and I don't want to create a new thread for it.
I just think that it has been nice to see some actually legit people talk about it and I've seen a lot of people defending it recently which makes me happy and gives me hope.

Masectomy. This way everybody will fit in the same armor.

veteran
veteran
I dont think Mandalorian armor was discuised so much bcs ineffectivenes ...
Since we are talking about world, where almost no one uses projectiles, or meele weapons ... your main problem here is energetic blast dispersal and absorption ...
Problem here was more about that Bo Katan was first canonical character with sexualized armor ... i dont think its so huge deal, but its kinda shame, concidering how hot female Mandalorians were in regular armor:

[Linked Image]
[img]https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-34352cc05046b9fb4572a853c3d01f2f[/img]
[Linked Image]
[img]https://img.cinemablend.com/filter:scale/quill/2/3/5/9/3/5/23593531db3b226697fc9aa3e007946183996833.jpg?mw=600[/img]

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I think Larian should let us know that they are reading this forum. Not to give specifics what kind of feedback has been accepted for work, what changes will be made - it's ok, but guys, just tell us that you are aware of everything that we discuss on the Larian Studio forum and make notes.
It seems to people that you cannot hear us, and only feedback from Twitter important to Larian, but what happens on this forum, the developers and writers do not even know

I bet we will know they are listening to us, when we see some of discuised topics in some of future updates ...
As someone (dunno who, sorry) allready mentioned here (dunno where, double sorry) ... problem with developers reactions right in topics could be that, some people could take any reaction as "yes i promise we will do everything exactly as you say" ... and that can be source of huge frustration on both sides. :-/

It's funny how we are always the same users commenting on these posts. +1 to yours

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD

I bet we will know they are listening to us, when we see some of discuised topics in some of future updates ...
As someone (dunno who, sorry) allready mentioned here (dunno where, double sorry) ... problem with developers reactions right in topics could be that, some people could take any reaction as "yes i promise we will do everything exactly as you say" ... and that can be source of huge frustration on both sides. :-/

Enough if they apologize for the phrase "Good outweighs evil, it seems." and admit that the evil root needs more work to be played by more players.
Achieving 60/40 statistics is possible if Larian makes an effort.
Moreover, on the second playthrough of the game, 90% of the players who choise good path will try the evil path.
This means that there should be no more content on the good path, everything should be fair.
A lot of people hoped to see an opportunity to play an evil character, and in different ways evil, and eventually help tieflings. Larian themselves promised us an interesting and varied evil gameplay.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD

Enough if they apologize for the phrase "Good outweighs evil, it seems." and admit that the evil root needs more work to be played by more players.
A lot of people hoped to see an opportunity to play an evil character, and in different ways, evil and eventually help tieflings. Larian themselves promised us an interesting and varied evil gameplay.

OneManArmy, I have to tend to agree with you a bit. I tried playing a Lolth cleric and half way though I just got bored and didn't even get to the evil ending. Evil has kind of a lackluster vibe to it for lack of a better way to describe it. I didn't think it was written or bad per say, but it is hard to feel compelled to do the evil actions. Plus I felt like doing nothing but evil was necessary to feel I was evil. I don't like playing my characters that are devoted to doing Evil if that makes sense? I don't think Lolth clerics see themselves as "evil" and do nothing like save a child from death from an obvious power hungry nut job druid. I mean really otherwise there wouldn't be any Lolth children ever if they got killed for every transgression.

That said, I agree with some of the points you have high-lighted before in other posts. It is hard to write a compelling evil path that doesn't make it too cheesy or overly, um, lacking of common sense. I don't think they should apologize for it though. Just might need to readjust their story caps a bit and think a bit deeper. Although, to point out, we are only seeing like a fraction of it so far. So my suggestion would be is maybe keep that in mind for as you are writing out the later chapters, but come back and re-polish the first part again where there is some gaps or plot holes.

Last edited by Ghost King; 18/11/20 04:48 PM.
F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by Svalr

I saw Shadi's vid, that was pretty interesting though the jock strap armor was just weird. People being offended by the armor in the Mandalorian is hilariously stupid. Just proves that there are plenty of people on the internet that should be ignored.

veteran
veteran
Achieving 60/40 statistics is possible if Larian makes an effort.
Moreover, on the second playthrough of the game, 90% of the players who choise good path will try the evil path.
This means that there should be no more content on the good path, everything should be fair.
A lot of people hoped to see an opportunity to play an evil character, and in different ways evil, and eventually help tieflings. Larian themselves promised us an interesting and varied evil gameplay.

They allready said in some interwiev (no i dont have the source) that they will take whole goblin storyline take another look, and see what can be improved.
That seem like enough to me ... O_o :-/

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Ya they said they were looking at it during some stream, they've also admitted that they had to push their writers to actually write their evil stuff, which is never good.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Yes, I probably wanted to say "explained their position and admit a mistake" rather than "apologized", that's not the right word.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard