Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by drimaxus
Your previous comment was 31 minutes ago. It must have taken you a long time to prepare this pompous comment, obviously you don't improvise and had to sit and think something to say. Don't be such a tryhard

Cool it off a bit, eh? As this is just hours after the last warning to not turn it into an English lesson this is the last time.

J'aime le fromage.
OP Offline
Originally Posted by vometia
Your previous comment was 31 minutes ago. It must have taken you a long time to prepare this pompous comment, obviously you don't improvise and had to sit and think something to say. Don't be such a tryhard

Cool it off a bit, eh? As this is just hours after the last warning to not turn it into an English lesson this is the last time.

Chill, we are just having fun, I am not even a native English speaker. And it was all in answer to an aggressive user that said that using bold and ALLCAPS is an "angry gamer attitude", why are you attacking me for then?

enthusiast
enthusiast
I refer my fellow forum users to the following documentary of the true use of the English language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOSYiT2iG08

Being born English I feel say to say I have never met anyone who speaks the bloody language. That Queen bird for example talks a right load of bollocks, we normies need to google translate the geezer every time.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Chill, we are just having fun, I am not even a native English speaker. And it was all in answer to an aggressive user that said that using bold and ALLCAPS is an "angry gamer attitude", why are you attacking me for then?

Two points to make here. Normally we don't give such missives, but it should be useful for others in future posts to understand how we think:

1. Please don't tell Admins and Mods to 'chill' or to do anything else. We take it quite badly and will bear terrible grudges until the end of time. If you want to explain your previous behaviour or tone then by all means do so.

2. Nobody is attacking you. If you happen to be quoted in a thread warning it is likely that you are simply the last poster in the exchange and are being quoted to add context to the warning. If you are addressed directly (i.e. your user name is used in the warning) then you can assume that it is directly targeted at you. In either case, ignoring the friendly (or even bad-tempered) warning is likely to have Bad Consequences so take heed.

3. This point left intentionally blank.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Sadurian

Two points to make here. Normally we don't give such missives, but it should be useful for others in future posts to understand how we think:

1. Please don't tell Admins and Mods to 'chill' or to do anything else. We take it quite badly and will bear terrible grudges until the end of time. If you want to explain your previous behaviour or tone then by all means do so.

2. Nobody is attacking you. If you happen to be quoted in a thread warning it is likely that you are simply the last poster in the exchange and are being quoted to add context to the warning. If you are addressed directly (i.e. your user name is used in the warning) then you can assume that it is directly targeted at you. In either case, ignoring the friendly (or even bad-tempered) warning is likely to have Bad Consequences so take heed.

3. This point left intentionally blank.

Oh no please Lord Admin, not a terrible grudge! We beg ya for your mercy, yer highness!

There has to be a way of undoing the curse, how am I going to live with myself if I get banned from this forum? Shall I send cupcakes to your address to remedy the pain and shame I have brought upon the Admin family?

veteran
veteran
Well that escalated quickly

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
Originally Posted by Abits
Well that escalated quickly

Time to bring out the Borat thongs you think?

addict
addict
We demand more sexy forum drama.

enthusiast
enthusiast
We can't even respect a friendly moderator warning sometimes. And this is why Larian better not get involved with forum posting. They better spend their time making the game, than explain things that can't be explained nor should be. No point getting involved in toxicity that leads nowhere.

E
E
Originally Posted by LoneSky
We can't even respect a friendly moderator warning sometimes. And this is why Larian better not get involved with forum posting. They better spend their time making the game, than explain things that can't be explained nor should be. No point getting involved in toxicity that leads nowhere.

Let's not generalize. There is a lot of constructive feedback that requires Larian's answers, so people would either stop going that way overall or add more ideas and details.

addict
addict

This whole month I found out my view is very much on the same page with most of the BG3 EA reviews and with many users that posted similar thoughts, this game needs a big rework.

And that is the exact delusion that caused me to post this: https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=735823#Post735823 And even if you are talking about the vocal minority here and not the professional reviews it is completely dishonest to state that most of the reviews are asking for a big rework. Yes, people want things added and changed. Big Rework ... very few.

addict
addict
Ya know, Larian might have been lurking incognito on these forums this whole time.

Maybe someone in this chatroom is a mole. Or a frog.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Argyle
Ya know, Larian might have been lurking incognito on these forums this whole time.

When nearly every single post that isn't sex-related is all a big guessing game and has devolved into people arguing with each other about the things that Larian is or isn't doing, I highly doubt that anyone of consequence that's in a position to influence change directly is just hanging out and taking a silent beating. If they are actually looking, it means one of two things: They see the outcry and they don't care because all of the suggestions being made don't fit their design or vision for the game, or they see the outcry and do care, but they're forbidden from giving any finite answers or responses because the early development process is a mess right now.

Do you remember how they basically had to drag an EA release date out of Sven over the course of a few different panels, and how he looked visibly uncomfortable giving even one solid answer on a date despite the fact that the build that we have is a playable, yet broken mess? The company very clearly doesn't prioritize responses and doesn't manage expectations well. If that's the professional stance, you can't expect for the standard forum member to be any more reasonable when they don't get any answers.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

enthusiast
enthusiast

That's for sure, I already saw how quickly they reacted to forum posts, a few times even before early access, like about adding GoG to early access and not keeping just on Steam for example.

Now they just need to post somewhere about the issues expressed in feedbacks, (and not just analytics) which they are considering worth implementing, without promising anything. If there's any.
Though I can see already that anything will be used against them by some of us, no matter what they say. A risk worth taking in this case IMHO.

Anything is better, than leaving the impression that we just wasting our time on feedback. That's why I never post on Ubisoft or EA forums, they certainly won't care. There has to be a middle ground between "the huge evil corporate" silence and spending most of time talking to players (that some smaller game devs do) instead working on that game.

veteran
veteran

One of the moderators (The Composer) has explicitly said that they've personally been compiling feedback, collecting it from Discord and summarizing it for easier processing.
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=93594&Number=719776#Post719776
I'm not sure of the specifics in how this collected feedback goes from The Composer to Larian, how high they are in the hierarchy, or who is in charge of collecting data from this forum, but feedback is being compiled.

Now they just need to post somewhere about the issues expressed in feedbacks, (and not just analytics) which they are considering worth implementing, without promising anything. If there's any.
Though I can see already that anything will be used against them by some of us, no matter what they say. A risk worth taking in this case IMHO.

+1 This is the type of update I'm really really looking forward to reading.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by mrfuji3

One of the moderators (The Composer) has explicitly said that they've personally been compiling feedback, collecting it from Discord and summarizing it for easier processing.
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=93594&Number=719776#Post719776
I'm not sure of the specifics in how this collected feedback goes from The Composer to Larian, how high they are in the hierarchy, or who is in charge of collecting data from this forum, but feedback is being compiled.

+1 This is the type of update I'm really really looking forward to reading.

The most "valuable" information we've seen so far has been the percentage of people that had sex with Minthara.
Normally I'd take that as a tongue-in-cheek reply, but the silence on actual issues that have been reported countless times is problematic to say the least.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

veteran
veteran

I would like to politely disagree with the part where the audience doesn't know what they want,

You are absolutely right. It was a vague and unnecessarily provocative statement on my part. What I wanted to say was that players can fail to properly identify their problems with the game. Even if feedback is good, it might not be right for the game Larian is making. Listening to audience is important, but so is processing it.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Wormerine

I would like to politely disagree with the part where the audience doesn't know what they want,

You are absolutely right. It was a vague and unnecessarily provocative statement on my part. What I wanted to say was that players can fail to properly identify their problems with the game. Even if feedback is good, it might not be right for the game Larian is making. Listening to audience is important, but so is processing it.

I think the joy of discovery is one of the most profound human experiences possible. There is nothing even remotely similar to discovering the thing you never knew you were incomplete without. People rarely know what they want. Why do you think so many lead unfulfilling lives? Why else would depression be at an all time high in an age where one can literally live anywhere or do anything they desire with little more than a whim and and some initiative required?

No, people don't know what they want only what they have had.

Last edited by DistantStranger; 19/11/20 02:03 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool

Alice, I would also like to introduce you to punctuation and capital letters in addition to bold, cursive and ALL CAPS. It is called Hierarchy and Structure, for better understanding of the text. You should try to implement it sometimes, not everything is snapchat in this life!

rules are for breaking

I guess what I should say is this, “drimaxus,” since I think you deserve a fuller answer: the subtle and not so subtle manipulation of language conventions for comedic effect and the use of irony to lampoon risible targets is a tradition that goes back thousands of years. In fact it should be self evident that I am simply continuing the tradition of Martial, Horace, Plautus even, choosing to ply my humble art among the gamer masses, while you are gesticulating impotently in the direction of Grammarly, thus vindicating my original choice to deliberately and methodically eschew the rules and conventions of, how do you say, “Hierarchy and Structure.”

Aww yeah, this is what I was waiting for. I told that person they was gonna get wrecked.

Picking a fight with a_a? Foolhardy.

Then picking a fight with the mods? Fatal.

Last edited by Firesnakearies; 19/11/20 02:52 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by DistantStranger

I think the joy of discovery is one of the most profound human experiences possible. There is nothing even remotely similar to discovering the thing you never knew you were incomplete without. People rarely know what they want. Why do you think so many lead unfulfilling lives? Why else would depression be at an all time high in an age where one can literally live anywhere or do anything they desire with little more than a whim and and some initiative required?

No, people don't know what they want only what they have had.

I like this post a lot. Well said.

Last edited by Firesnakearies; 19/11/20 02:51 AM.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard