Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
N
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
N
Because she really did have her memories wiped and Tav would be taking advantage.

addict
addict
I like it. Shadowheart is a little broken from losing her memories. I can't imagine it is easy to build trust. So while the other companions are more able to trust you implicitly and jump in the sack Shadowheart uses the time to get to know you more personally so she can build that trust.

It's sweet.

old hand
old hand
Does having amnesia make you incapable of giving consent? think

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
Does having amnesia make you incapable of giving consent? think

Apparently that's why roofies are illegal outside Scotland.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Awareness=safety.

Memory loss=irrational thoughts.

It adds up. We could get a very confident Shadowheart once her memories are restored. Which is likely where her personal quest line in BG itself is going.

I know psycology. I could get into the "nitty gritty". But basically, people have trust issues for a reason. People relate to shadowheart because it feels familiar to be flawed. However, keep in mind that mistrust is still harmful. She makes things difficult more then they need to be. "Working for it" is one thing, assumptions and confusion is another. Her lack of confidence factors into not even knowing herself. What might happen then once she finds out? Hmm...

A
Ari Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
Or maybe she just was not in the mood for a one-night stand? Perhaps she wanted a candelit dinner at a restaurant with at least 2 stars first.

N
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Ari
Or maybe she just was not in the mood for a one-night stand? Perhaps she wanted a candelit dinner at a restaurant with at least 2 stars first.

She has ambient diologue with Astarion where she says she perfers one night stands, but that was probably the brainwashing talking

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Words and actions MAKE mood. Just got to know how.

For context someone told me they weren't that up for doing things with me. And yes, I do mean sex.

About 1 minute later? They're melting. I know how to play them. And I'm saying that as a sub. I know both sides of the fence.

It's all about control, direction and flow. Lae'zel knows this much better then Shadowheart. Bit basic with the dom stuff. But eh, I overlook that because she's supposed to be inexperienced. It's kind of a gith thing to be in control (as well as drow). She at least has confidence.

I could probably get into Shadowhearts... well, heart. But do I want too with that thick a skin? Nah. On the other hand if I challenged and debated with her then maybe. She needs to be challenged and she knows it. She'll respect you if you pull it off. As will Lae'zel. Lae'zel will sleep with you right away though. Shadowheart needs the appreciation more. Frankly, with her trust issues, it's been lacking. But it's her own grave when she pushes people away that easily.

You see the dilemma. She'd get more appreciation if she LET people near her. Campfires are always good for that. It's why she likes it. Leaves room for multiple outcomes. And the warmth is good too.

Last edited by Taramafor; 19/11/20 05:43 AM.
A
Ari Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire
Originally Posted by Ari

She has ambient diologue with Astarion where she says she perfers one night stands, but that was probably the brainwashing talking

I am aware. Think she has a similar line with Gale.

Though I do find it interesting that she turns down wyl’s flirtations on the ground she does not want to play second fiddle to the others he flirted with.

N
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Ari
Originally Posted by Ari

I am aware. Think she has a similar line with Gale.

Though I do find it interesting that she turns down wyl’s flirtations on the ground she does not want to play second fiddle to the others he flirted with.

Oh yeah i might have been thinking of the one with gale

Last edited by N7Greenfire; 19/11/20 05:52 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Maybe, or maybe she's afraid she will forget or whole feelings thing could collide with her Godess goals and so on
I guess she is more pretending experienced than she really is. She disapprove Abdirak having little fun with PC and after her comments there I have the impression that she cares about the PC more than she is ready to admit.

E
E
Overcomplication. Some people have it in their own lives and do not want to meet it in the game, some don't.

addict
addict
Because she really did have her memories wiped and Tav would be taking advantage.
But you can't even have the cute date scene with her if you side with the goblins because she drinks herself into a stupor.

E
E
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
But you can't even have the cute date scene with her if you side with the goblins because she drinks herself into a stupor.

And now I know what the truly evil character will do, of course - perfect opportunity to take advantage.

It is strange to shy away from that path if the character is evil (although it is ok to take numerous lives and remain a good person by the game's definition, it would seem). Hypocrisy rampant.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Maybe, or maybe she's afraid she will forget or whole feelings thing could collide with her Godess goals and so on

Shadowheart outright tells you herself she worships a goddess of LOSS.

Yes. It conflicts. She will have to decide which is more important in the end or otherwise find some way to balance the two.

It's not that she WANTS to be alone. It's that she's USED to it. Buuuuuut, if you never give up on her, even if she's the most hostile toxic person on earth, maybe, just maybe she'll come around.

I face "Darth Vader" events daily. I'm Luke Skywalker. Like him, I never give up. Ever. Once I care, it's for life. Turn on me? I'll try to understand. Then I'll make sure we have fun doing what you want. But I'm the one getting you to want to do it.

That's what Shadowheart really needs. Support. She's lost, she's confused. She can't even remember herself. That's a lot of pressure on anyone interested in her. You have to REALLY show you're capable. Same with Lae'zel, except where Lae'zel already knows the "signs of being capable", Shadowheart is less aware and misses this. You basically have to be her teacher.

Last edited by Taramafor; 19/11/20 12:00 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Well, if I have to support every shite Shar wants, then it not gonna last long. An allergy for gods toying with mortals.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Verte
Well, if I have to support every shite Shar wants, then it not gonna last long. An allergy for gods toying with mortals.

You tell her man

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by Verte

You don't have too. Shadowheart isn't Shar.

Just do with Sahdowheart what no one else would do. Be there for her. Shar will start to look a lot less attractive if she isn't doing anything for Shadowheart. Either she accepts both, or see ya Shar.

Just because an atheist marries a christian doesn't mean they have to share the same beliefs.

Last edited by Taramafor; 19/11/20 12:54 PM.
veteran
veteran
I like the version of Shadowheart we have right now a lot, but I still think we have a very limited version of her right now, even when compared to other companions, because even she doesn't have full access to her memories. We don't even know how much of her memories are missing. For all we know, she doesn't even know her real name. This means there is a lot of potential here, but it also means it could go terribly wrong.

I do enjoy the bits we do get out of her right now, and I'm hoping it will pay off down the line

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ellenhard
Overcomplication. Some people have it in their own lives and do not want to meet it in the game, some don't.

Right?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard