Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I think that evil should not be unambiguous, and some good moments should even be on the path of evil, if not talking about absolute chaotic evil.

Let Kagha tell us that thanks to our cruel decision to help her with the tieflings, the druids were able to maintain their independence and avoid problems with the goblins, organize a celebraty party with the druids for us that will leave good feelings.

Let Minthara see that MC can be a true friend she can trust, who won't stick a knife in her back for Lolth, the Absolute, or anyone else.

Let the fake paladins of Tyr tell us that the infernal legions are grateful to us, and perhaps offer cooperation in the future. Now there is no reason to kill Karlach, it leaves a bad feeling that we are getting nothing morally for it.
Show the paladin leader as a difficult person who will tell about his difficult fate which made him serve evil, so that we feel sorry for him no less than Karlach.

And so on, I think you understand what I mean

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
#facepalm

I really wonder what are you trying here ...
Either you wish to create illusion that many people is discuising the same by problem, by creating new topic every few hours with the same content, by using different words ... or there is some options that cant be told out loud, since they violate the rules. :-/

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 19/11/20 07:28 AM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
#facepalm

I really wonder what are you trying here ...
Either you wish to create illusion that many people is discuising the same by problem, by creating new topic every few hours with the same content, by using different words ... or there is some options that cant be told out loud, since they violate the rules. :-/

there are 50 shades of evil in this game, we need to discuss each of them

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Let Kagha tell us that thanks to our cruel decision to help her with the tieflings, the druids were able to maintain their independence and avoid problems with the goblins, organize a celebraty party with the druids for us that will leave good feelings.

If you help her to maintain independence of druids ... they are right now locked inside the groove under the roof of thorns. O_o
She specificly tells you: No one enters, no one leaves, the sanctuary.
It should be self-explanatory. :-/

Only way to avoid ritual of thorns, and therefore allow druids to parcipiate at your party is ...
- either expose Kagha as Shadow druid ... wich could lead to either her death, or her redemption (trying right now in curent play) but i dare to presume that if we will save both druids, and tieflings ... they should be both present on that party aswell.
- simply join Tieflings, and kill Kagha for Zevlor ... wich will lead to death for all druids ... so, kinda dead party if you ask me laugh
- steal idol of Silvanus ... not sure here, since i didnt try this way yet

Ofc. there could be others that i dont know about so far.

Let Minthara see that MC can be a true friend she can trust, who won't stick a knife in her back for Lolth, the Absolute, or anyone else.

Simply ... no. -_-
Once again you are trying to change characters. :-/

There is no words like "thrust" or "friend" in Mintharas vocabulary ... you need to understand that she grown in society, where such things are weakness and litteraly anyone is more than willing to use it against you ... if there even can be some kinde of friendship between her and our character, it should be build during gameplay for quite some time, and it still should be carefull and unsure from her side.
She simply either desires you, or you are obsacle for her ... i dunno what you dont like on it, for me its just fine to at least sometimes see in story some unhealthy, or inperfect relationships ...

Let the fake paladins of Tyr tell us that the infernal legions are grateful to us, and perhaps offer cooperation in the future. Now there is no reason to kill Karlach, it leaves a bad feeling that we are getting nothing morally for it.
Show the paladin leader as a difficult person who will tell about his difficult fate which made him serve evil, so that we feel sorry for him no less than Karlach.

As someone else allready told here, this is classic "one tells the truth, one lies" quest ...
You can create some believes, you can asume ... but you are not suppose to "know". wink

Also, tell us that the infernal legions are grateful ... are you serious here? laugh
Do you really think that someone who give so much effort and possibly resources to convince us that he is a paladin should reveal that he tricked us? laugh
Dont you see here a little contradiction between trying to trick someone and confess that you tricked him? laugh

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
Banned
Banned
Chaotic Evil sounds like a path leading to the most slaughter to me.

On my first good run I actually killed every Goblin in the game just because I loath this trash beings so much. =)
Kinda does not make me good. Makes me "Chaotic Good" at best, I think.

Neutral Good? Naaaah. I have a bias against them.
Lawful Good? Well - I act out of race hate against Goblins and I think there is no Law saying all Gobs must die, right?
I help certain races naturally and trip some others over just as naturally.
But when my "good character" is acting out of sheer hate and spite for some, he cannot be called a benevolent pure goodhearted dude anymore I think.

And in the evil route too, if we chose the maximum of slaughters, for example...
° TIeflings vs Druids
° Gobs vs the Groove
and we fight in any possible location in the game instead of trying to be diplomatic, I think this marks us as Chaotic.

Chaos is violence and law of the fittest after all.

veteran
veteran
The evil path is the best

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
A
Ari Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
Don’t you see the point of the evil route? You kill everyone to prove you are the biggest and the baddest in all the sword’s coast.

And then you planeshift and become the biggest and the baddest in all the astral planes.

old hand
old hand
It's about time someone made a thread about the evil path in the game. Bravo!

veteran
veteran
Btw Dror ragzlin is the best-written character I have ever seen

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
A
Ari Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
It’s aways minthara this, minthara that. “I wanna be minthara’s friend.”

Where is the love for priestess gut? Larian, we are all demanding gut romance!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ari

Now I want romance gut with Laezel, they would complement each other

Can you please stop making new threads about the evil path. You are diluting the discussion and actually making things worse to the point of caricature. And I swear if you don't stop fawning over Minthara I will kill her horribly in every single one of my playthroughs. You will be responsible for that.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Moirnelithe
Can you please stop making new threads about the evil path. You are diluting the discussion and actually making things worse to the point of caricature. And I swear if you don't stop fawning over Minthara I will kill her horribly in every single one of my playthroughs. You will be responsible for that.

Oh okay, that was a strong argument!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Verte
Originally Posted by Ari

Now I want romance gut with Laezel, they would complement each other

Rule34 it.

Tuv Offline
journeyman
journeyman
I will play an evil party so I can use the origin characters' tadpole magic, have them turn into wisdom-less husks, drop them and then blow up the underdark and extinguish all fires. All because of meta-evil anti larian gameplay for they didn't give me a real 2000 points man army to play as. Evil and concise.

What you want to do is more needy than greedy and that's not evil.

/Edit
Fear me!

Last edited by Tuv; 19/11/20 04:37 PM.
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Evil does not mean dumb.

Even if you are a chaotic evil character going around boasting and punching your chest how cruel and evil you are does not make you evil it makes you be stupid.A char like that would have like 8Int 8Wis and won't last long. A serial killer that goes around in the night gutting people and manage to stay hidden is a nice Chaotic Evil character.

A character that guts people then boast about it is also a Chaotic Evil character but also an idiot.

Last edited by Rieline; 19/11/20 05:00 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard