Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
Originally Posted by Abits
The only thing I want from community updates is Sven Wince being goofy in his armor.
[Linked Image]

We Demand More Sexy and Revealing armors

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
This man owns 60 million euros because of all of us.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
This man owns 60 million euros because of all of us.

Not really. I work in the field of public relations, I don't know how the Google Stage commission, but Steam usually takes 50% - this was the case with small Russian developers whose games I promoted and this information is not a secret. It is possible for AAA games to have different conditions, but in any case there are investors and employees.

I think it would be provocative to make a community update about sex and make a press release for the media, it would attract more attention to the game from those who have not heard about the Baldurs Gate franchise before.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I don't know how the Google Stage commission, but Steam usually takes 50% - this was the case with small Russian developers whose games I promoted and this information is not a secret.

Huh? From what is publicly known Steam & GOG take 30% cut of a sale. Steam takes less as more copies you sell as response to Epic Stores’s 12% cut.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/30...lace-revenue-split-new-rules-competition

I don’t see how who is selling would make a difference. Steam isn’t a curated store anymore - if you pay $100 you get to release your game on steam.

Another split could be with WotSC, as they are the IP holders.

Last edited by Wormerine; 18/11/20 10:30 AM.
veteran
veteran

I think it would be provocative to make a community update about sex

Of course you do.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Wormerine
I don't know how the Google Stage commission, but Steam usually takes 50% - this was the case with small Russian developers whose games I promoted and this information is not a secret.

Huh? From what is publicly known Steam & GOG take 30% cut of a sale. Steam takes less as more copies you sell as response to Epic Stores’s 12% cut.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/30...lace-revenue-split-new-rules-competition

I don’t see how who is selling would make a difference. Steam isn’t a curated store anymore - if you pay $100 you get to release your game on steam.

Another split could be with WotSC, as they are the IP holders.

Thank you very much, this information was very helpful to me! Means, I had too outdated data on Steam (2015-2016)

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Tuco

I think it would be provocative to make a community update about sex

Of course you do.

Of course he does.

veteran
veteran

Thank you very much, this information was very helpful to me! Means, I had too outdated data on Steam (2015-2016)

It was false, not outdated.
Steam never took above 30% cut (which is the default reseller cut in most markets, by the way) at no point during its existence from 2004 to present date.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
There have been loads of patch3 updates and two pushes to summer2020loca_ but no news of an update as of yet 😔

G
addict
addict
G
Patch would be great once a month. Because probably will be harder around Christmas.

old hand
old hand
summer2020 - coming in spring 2021!

Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
summer2020 - coming in spring 2021!
It's just the name of the branch and nobody is supposed to see this other than the devs, but that sounds likely enough lol

old hand
old hand
I hope it's later than spring. The game needs as much time as possible to be finished and polished. I honestly wouldn't mind early or even mid 2022.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
I hope it's later than spring. The game needs as much time as possible to be finished and polished. I honestly wouldn't mind early or even mid 2022.

Same.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
enthusiast
enthusiast
Their previous game spent close to exactly one year in early access. I'd be extremely surprised if BG3 didn't spend a year or more in early access as well.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Bukke
Their previous game spent close to exactly one year in early access. I'd be extremely surprised if BG3 didn't spend a year or more in early access as well.

I would normaly agree - but please remember that we are still in global pandemic situation, and things could go slover then we expect. Q1 of 2022 is my bet - anything sooner than taht and i willa be super happy hehe

veteran
veteran
Yeah, I was hoping for a patch this week but like others I'd rather have a game that lives up to the BG2 legacy than one that is rushed out. I'm fine with 2 years or more.

Ideally I'd like to see much or even most of the game come out in EA and for launch to include the endgame.

Which I don't think is impossible -- Larian is getting free bug hunting from EA buyers and it has an add content to keep us playing.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
Yeah, I was hoping for a patch this week but like others I'd rather have a game that lives up to the BG2 legacy than one that is rushed out. I'm fine with 2 years or more.

I hope it's two years. It needs time. It might be "good" if it released soon, but it would be a damn shame if its potential of "Game of the Decade" was to be squandered.

I think it would be optimal to have a big patch roughly every month, with alternating "new content" (races, classes etc.) and "mechanical changes" (6-slot party, closer to 5e) patches. Some hotfixes in-between. That after they deal with the EA-release-related backlog, of course.

enthusiast
enthusiast
And there are other games coming to keep us occupied (Cyberpunk, Deathloop, I am looking at you) meanwhile waiting till Larian release the kraken. 2 years for a perfect product is like nothing.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Verte
And there are other games coming to keep us occupied (Cyberpunk, Deathloop, I am looking at you) meanwhile waiting till Larian release the kraken. 2 years for a perfect product is like nothing.

Please, my backlog is like 40 titles. laugh I'm not short on games to play, even if you only count cRPGs.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard