Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Taramafor
Originally Posted by Verte
Well, if I have to support every shite Shar wants, then it not gonna last long. An allergy for gods toying with mortals.

You don't have too. Shadowheart isn't Shar.

Just do with Sahdowheart what no one else would do. Be there for her. Shar will start to look a lot less attractive if she isn't doing anything for Shadowheart. Either she accepts both, or see ya Shar.

Just because an atheist marries a christian doesn't mean they have to share the same beliefs.

I don't mind someone believe something in real life, because people need hope. But in FR gods exist and mess with mortals as much they can.
I would like to turn SH from Shar but down the line it might ends very badly for her as Shar is all but unforgiving. And the quest is named "the chosen od Shar", beautiful weapon, huh.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Maybe she's a virgin and she's only willing to give a little kiss when she's drunk, even though she sounds cocky during the day to save appearances next to all the horny companions.

Last edited by Nyanko; 19/11/20 01:25 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
A fixer uper huh? Not really my taste but it is better than a dominatrix, an old lady, and a literal hellspawn. I wish romances in the game didn't revolve around one person or the other but instead something more complementary. I guess that's because the mc does not have a backstory.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Aishaddai
A fixer uper huh? Not really my taste but it is better than a dominatrix, an old lady, and a literal hellspawn. I wish romances in the game didn't revolve around one person or the other but instead something more complementary. I guess that's because the mc does not have a backstory.

Yeah, I agree. Threesome are also excellent.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Nyanko
Originally Posted by Aishaddai

Yeah, I agree. Threesome are also excellent.

Pathfinder kingmaker and potentially Owlcats new game Wrath of the rightous has threesomes. I don't like threesomes. I'm a one on one kind of guy.

I think baldurs gate might have cheating I think. I saw at a glance a video titled romancing both astarion and gale, but I didn't watch it so I don't know.

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire
Because she really did have her memories wiped...

She still remembers a fair amount of her life, though.

addict
addict
damn, this game gets more horny by the moment

enthusiast
enthusiast
I really think that the romances are just unfinished, which is also why they feel so sudden.

Probably for the same reason why Larian gave us so many '' evil '' companions, they're testing things out.
It kinda makes sense to have something a bit different then to see how people will react to it too.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Svalr
I really think that the romances are just unfinished, which is also why they feel so sudden.

Probably for the same reason why Larian gave us so many '' evil '' companions, they're testing things out.
It kinda makes sense to have something a bit different then to see how people will react to it too.

Or they took "pick me" route. Choice like in one of Deux Ex games, press 'button' of your choice.

veteran
veteran
Sorry to bring real life into a fantasy discussion but the pacing doesn't seem sudden or rushed to me. You hang out with someone for a while, you share some significant moments and you make a pass. I get why it might seem too modern if people are hoping for a medieval courtly romance but I found the pacing refreshing natural.

Last edited by KillerRabbit; 20/11/20 01:15 AM. Reason: still kant rite
enthusiast
enthusiast
Sex after battle is reasonable but they could add some more scenes like Gale's weave. Still, prefer SH route. Maybe when they add new companions we get more even greater range of options than bang or kiss

old hand
old hand
Gale's romance is the only one which felt rushed to me, but that's because I like to choose the relatively tame, "Hey, wanna go on a date type activity some time?" option during the Weave scene, and he basically responds with, "Let me put you off for a week or so and then we'll bang, okay?" Uh, that's... that's not quite what I was going for, Gale. And there's no option to bring it up with him.

Astarion and Lae'zel, though? I didn't have a problem with their behavior at all. It'll be interesting to see how things go with Wyll.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
Sorry to bring real life into a fantasy discussion but the pacing doesn't seem sudden or rushed to me. You hang out with someone for a while, you share some significant moments and you make a pass. I get why it might seem too modern if people are hoping for a medieval courtly romance but I found the pacing refreshing natural.

I kinda agree with you, the reason why I say that it feels sudden is because it all happens at the same time even with characters you haven't tried with.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T

I kinda agree with you, the reason why I say that it feels sudden is because it all happens at the same time even with characters you haven't tried with.

Some people will make you work for it. Others won't be difficult right off the bat.

Seems perfectly natural to me. I can state with 100% confidence that some people "just give". It's nice when they don't worry and just make good things happen with you. Don't need someones life story to have good times. Information and awareness is only important in regards to safety and pushing past closed minds. If someone is distant with you, like Shadowheart, then they're a bit more "close minded" for example. You have to prove their irrational fears are unfounded.

Meanwhile, the vampire will sleep with just about anyone. Probably makes it easier to snack on them too. Just a nibble. Promise.

Wyll is like... impossible. Seriously, people have tried and tried and tried and can't figure him out. That might have been because his romance arc is unfinished though. Dunno if you can with him currently.

This means we have variety in all dynamics. Some people make it easy. Others need to open up. Others still are just plain stubborn (Wyll). Then you have to talk about how actions change feelings and stuff. Seriously, that's how it works. We don't have enough of those kind of conversations.

Last edited by Taramafor; 25/11/20 05:44 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Taramafor

Some people will make you work for it. Others won't be difficult right off the bat.

Seems perfectly natural to me. I can state with 100% confidence that some people "just give". It's nice when they don't worry and just make good things happen with you. Don't need someones life story to have good times.
I'd feel the same way if I knew for a fact this is what was happening in the EA, as it is now I think people are unsure if this is a casual liaison brought about by the party or if this is what we're to expect the relationships to be like in the game.

It was especially jarring for me because it was maybe the third time I'd had any real conversation with them and they were all ready to jump my bones and made comments about our time together like we'd been at it for a while.

Maybe she's a virgin and she's only willing to give a little kiss when she's drunk, even though she sounds cocky during the day to save appearances next to all the horny companions.

No, the OP has a good point about Shadowheart. Trust is generally an important element for a healthy romance, and Shadowheart is the type of character who needs to trust someone before she... "opens" up to them, since she does not remember anything about herself.

Last edited by BladeDancer; 25/11/20 09:02 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by BladeDancer

No, the OP has a good point about Shadowheart. Trust is generally an important element for a healthy romance, and Shadowheart is the type of character who needs to trust someone before she... "opens" up to them, since she does not remember anything about herself.

Or maybe she just left her whips and chains in her other armor....

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Anfindel

There was one thread with such armors.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Anfindel
Originally Posted by BladeDancer

Hey now, whips and chains require extra trust. You don’t go all Venus in Furs with just anyone.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by Warlocke
Hey now, whips and chains require extra trust. You don’t go all Venus in Furs with just anyone.

I can assure you that as someone that knows D/s and BDSM that there are many many people that "just play". Desperation for fun does that. I settle for no illusion personally.

Personally I need to know someone very well, unless they show ZERO concerns or hesitation (rare but it does happen). And I get it done quickly to boot. Unless someone is more close minded. It's a matter of being direct and upfront. Getting straight answers. Being observant. Trust only goes so far. Hell, I don't even need a persons trust. I have facts and logic and get them to change their minds. Ask why too much. This applies across the board btw. Not just D/s. Communication is key.

See, here's the thing. People tend to operate with what they DO know instead of what they DON'T know. Due to Shadowheart's memory loss she's latching more onto what she knows. Anything unknown is more "scary" and "alien" to her. Has she even admitted that? This is like dealing with someone that wants THEIR preferences and wants to do THEIR way of doing things. Without exploring YOUR way. Without compromise. People that explore outside of their own comfort zones alone are more likely to find happiness. Because those people stop assuming the worst of what they don't know or understand. They stop generalising. They learn to coexist.

So going by this... Shadowheart worships Shar. Who deals with loss. So Shadowheart is used to being let down. Which makes me wonder about her past. This is where it gets interesting. All we can say for sure is that Shadowheart is afraid. Gets scared easily. So what happened to cause this? Other then her memories, what did Shadowheart lose? Perhaps something that caused her to remember something painful to the point she wanted to forget?

Last edited by Taramafor; 26/11/20 04:55 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard