Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 24 25
N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Verte
And if could I swap Astarion for Regis, someone older, intellectual type not psycho hedonist

Well, I would gladly swap Gale for Yennefer. One can only dream :P

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Nyanko
And if could I swap Astarion for Regis, someone older, intellectual type not psycho hedonist

Well, I would gladly swap Gale for Yennefer. One can only dream :P

I would swap the entire forgotten realms for the continent for that matter.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
old hand
old hand
Yennefer? No, I'm definitely a Triss guy. Yennefer has nothing on her.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
veteran
veteran
If I'm clear, I think we're all in agreement that we could switch Gale for Yennefer, Astarion for Regis, Lae'zel for Cahir, Shadowheart for Triss, and Wyl for Geralt...and the Forgotten Realms for the Continent.

Sounds good to me.

and of course Dandelion is already in the game

Last edited by Sozz; 20/11/20 02:58 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Guys you forgot about most important character

crème de la crème

[Linked Image]

veteran
veteran
And in this game high ground is a pretty big deal

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
Originally Posted by Abits
And in this game high ground is a pretty big deal

We should have sided with Vader against General Kenobi. Too little too late though. frown

old hand
old hand
Star Wars total conversion mod when!

Optimistically Apocalyptic
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Cactus_Back
I actually like our current companions but I would LOVE an option for a custom party of my own characters. That would be a lot of fun from a pure gameplay perspective, even if the character interactions were limited.

You can already do that with some gymnastics (simulated multiplayer), but Larian stated custom parties are planned to be available at character creation (and then there'll be customizable generic mercenaries).

Originally Posted by kanisatha
I don't care at all about my companions being "nuanced" or "flawed" because that's what's "realistic."

I'm strongly of the opinion that emotional baggage or flaws don't automatically make characters better written or more realistic. "Nuanced" is often good, but I like simple, fun characters too (and actually find them refreshing in the modern race for "depth", which often equals "drama").

Can I have a psycho intellectual? Debauchery is what I dislike about Astarion.

Guys you forgot about most important character

crème de la crème

-snip-

Oh shit you're right. I have a lot of screenshots depicting Roach's shenenigans.

Originally Posted by Dexai
Star Wars total conversion mod when!

My guess? Soon (TM)

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hmm. A kind girl. Well trained hunter or sorcerer who is not afraid to kill when threatened. Trust not easily given and who hasn't sold themselves out to any patron good, neutral, or evil. No sass, but a sense of some humor. No need for crazy backstory trauma. In fact I would make it so she would try to leave once the tadpole was taken care of and you need to a pass skill check regardless of approval to keep her or be in a romance with her. Her excuse is that the party is crazy and she wants to go home lmao. Her character would be the grounded one to balance the others out. Closer to the MC in a way I guess depending on playstyle. Maybe towards the end she will gain some secret abilities, but without knowing the story it's hard to say what. Point being she would be just another wrong place wrong time like mc.

addict
addict
A Duergar one

addict
addict
and a deep gnome necromancer

I'm surprised that there isn't a dwarf companion and of the other classes, I would prefer a barbarian and a druid!

“This year the utopian candy shell has melted away to expose a hard center of bizarre reality.”
veteran
veteran
Ok here goes:

A stoic Dwarf Druid who goes on about stone and earth and hammers his foes with a thunderous Maul.

A neutral aligned Eilistraee Drow Sorceress whose master plan is for Drow to abandon Lolth and return to the surface. Pleasant and social for a purpose but proud, likes to compete with Gale. Natural enemies with Minthara.

Assuming we get a famous human barbarian and a halfling bard, that leaves...

Monk... Tilda Swinton's Ancient One without the Arcane. An ageless bald human female. She knows more about the Absolute and the events than she reveals to the player. Hard, mysterious exterior and unconditional destroyer of evil. Unlike Shadowheart and Astarion, she has an actual reveal scene containing a big, even shocking surprise. =)

I'll probably have to play all those characters myself. :P

veteran
veteran
I've said this before but it's important enough to repeat -- we need to be able to put together an entirely good party and we need have as many companions in BG3 as we did in BG2.

I want people who love monks to get a monk in the game but I'll never use them. I just hate that class. It has always seemed out of place in the setting and I just don't enjoy the class mechanics.

Likewise, I do like bards but it will be hard to put a bard into 4 person party.

addict
addict
all good party but its anomen, aerie and nalia

veteran
veteran
One of the things I really liked about BG:2 was how most companions had a reason to join up and a neat way to exit the party after you helped them out. apart from the old hands, which meant I was usually rolling with Minsc Jaheira, possibly Yoshimo, and then I would rotate in and out people I met along the way. I kind of wish that was the case in BG:3 too but with the tadpoles I think everyone's personal quest involve being in the group for the duration.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool
all good party but its anomen, aerie and nalia

Damn it. I knew I shouldn't have used that monkey's paw.

addict
addict
I think I can roll up my request with many of the others here:

A half-dwarven druid pirate who speaks the Cant!

"Put yer backs into it, ye swamp-sucking whip jacks! Get that swag aboard afore darkmans; ere the Abbess don't take kindly to a scurvy sailor with a queer bung. Aye, we'll have some rum fun with that well-equipt autem bawler yet. Heave to!"

Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
Originally Posted by kanisatha
I only want good-oriented and honorable companions, and I need at least five of them because I will only be playing the game with a mod that increases party size to six. Someone already mentioned Eder. Yes I love Eder. In both PoE games Eder is my always-in-the-party companion. In PoE1 I also similarly loved Sagani and she was always in my party too.

I don't care at all about my companions being "nuanced" or "flawed" because that's what's "realistic." If I wanted any of that, I can get that from real life. I play my cRPGs to get away from real life.

I love Eder so much, he was a GREAT companion. But Sagani seemed dull as dirt, to me.

I only took Sagani for Eder's interaction with the fox. Otherwise she rode the bench, along with Kana, the boring paladin bird lady and Grieving Mother.

Durance was an amazing bastard and it was interesting to see him torn down and built up through certain choices. The Zahua (the drug monk) was another favorite in the expansion.

Page 3 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 24 25

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard