Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Before saying that I'm a little crazy, let's think logically.

When the main character killed all the goblins and got to Minthara, leaving her with low HP, she will understand her defeat and will not want to die. This should trigger a cast scene in which she asks why we are doing this (and will be forced to find out about the tadpole) and offers to save her life as a captive / companion in exchange for answers to the Moonrise Tower and help getting there. Yes, it will be a trap with a very high probability - in any case, it will be her motivation initially. But this can lead to the fact that she can find out the truth about her goddess Absolute, which she will not like. Then she will have no choice but to move with us if we save her life again, and rethink her behavior - all the more, in addition to the absolute, she has a problem in the form of Lolth that she betrayed. Perhaps this could make her more neutral like Viconia, in BG2 there was such an option. Anyway, no more evil than Laezel and Astarion. Eilistraee's clerics could help.

I do not want to kill Minthara in the second good playthrough playing as a high elf or drow Eilistraee, like many of those who will make the first playthrough on the path of evil - if on the path of evil she perfectly reveals herself as a character. But replaying her romance in a completely different way (more difficult) is a very, very cool idea that can motivate me to try the good way without feeling upset.

I think if given such a choice, many of those who like to play on the path of good will have the opportunity to see Minthara content, learn more about her personality, and the work on writing this character will be appreciated by more players. To spare the life of the enemy who surrenders is a good deed, attempts to "re-educate" Viconia in BG2 were also very popular. Even if it doesn't work out completely (she's too evil), it's still interesting.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
You just signed Minthara's death warrant in my playthroughs.

ps. you're not a little crazy. That stop passed a while ago laugh

Last edited by Moirnelithe; 20/11/20 11:14 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Minthara is an ex Lolth drow turned crazy zealot, I think there's more chance of getting Gale pregnant

veteran
veteran
Dont ... :-/

Originally Posted by Moirnelithe

+1

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
You just signed Minthara's death warrant in my playthroughs.

Our agreement was not to discuss the path of evil in new topics. I really am not discussing it! This is an offer along the path of goodness badsmile

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
old hand
old hand
Every new thread about Minthara just makes me more and more bored and loathful of her.

Maybe we should start a petition to remove Minthara from the game entirely.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Dexai
Every new thread about Minthara just makes me more and more bored and loathful of her.

Maybe we should start a petition to remove Minthara from the game entirely.

Nah, let him marry her, then he will start killing her every playtrough like the rest of the world. Problem fixed.

veteran
veteran
[Linked Image]

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
A
Ari Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
Minthara smells of mud, tears, and failed aspirations. She is an office drone who starts rattling off all the trendy topics in hopes of winning clout. Do not marry her in case her failures are contagious.

Now, can we speak of Dror Ragzlin? He is the deepest character in this game and deserved a redemption route, to be a companion, and a romance.

addict
addict
Yes Larian, please rewrite the entire scenario surrounding one character and add more to their backstory and personality so that people who are sexually obsessed with a video game character don't have to slaughter them.
This is a perfectly reasonable request and is in no way concerning.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

old hand
old hand
Sure Dror Ragzlin is one hell of a speaker (I nearly joined up on the spot) but I never noticed anything particularly deep about him?

A
Ari Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
Sure Dror Ragzlin is one hell of a speaker (I nearly joined up on the spot) but I never noticed anything particularly deep about him?

Have you not seen those eyes? Those chiseled abs? How could you not get lost in the masterful play on emotions that is the warlord’s character arc?

Originally Posted by Ari

Have you not seen those eyes? Those chiseled abs? How could you not get lost in the masterful play on emotions that is the warlord’s character arc?

Just imagine Dror Ragzlin in a Borat thong! That would be amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing. Please make it so Larian.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Ari

Just imagine Dror Ragzlin in a Borat thong! That would be amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing. Please make it so Larian.

Is there any companion I can sentence to death on every play through if you won't stop mentioning Borat thong?

Originally Posted by Zellin
Originally Posted by Ari

Is there any companion I can sentence to death on every play through if you won't stop mentioning Borat thong?

Yes, the one you like to play laugh

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Soul-Scar
Minthara is an ex Lolth drow turned crazy zealot, I think there's more chance of getting Gale pregnant

+1

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Okay guys, you won, let's not get angry. I will no longer bore you from Minthara in new topics, do not take everything so harshly. Peace and love?

Maybe I just don't know what else to discuss, there is not much content in EA and there is a lot of time before release.

veteran
veteran
What are you talking about this is the best post ever

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Zellin
Originally Posted by Ari

I would like to nominate Minthara!

addict
addict
We demand more sex positions for Minthara

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard