Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
roo3030 Offline OP
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
R
Why was the post locked down???

This is more about just freedom of speech on the forums, rather than continuing the debate of that thread. Just randomly locked down a popular topic (10,000+ views) because of what? Someone playing god as moderator? F**k that.

As I thrall through the endless word-dross (online newspapers, not Larian forums), I somehow happen to end up on comically named 'We Demand More Sexy and Armors and clothing' thread again... *shrugs* I always thought you could just leave a random message on a random post and not be despised for inadvertently 'bumping' it - it's just a few words, a harmless human 'reaction'...

Nice new art on the thread - harmless, I would say: by no means calling for a 'shutdown'. Some auld prudes on the thread - I think this thread is ingenious more for the social commentary it unearths rather than the sexy non-Borat art of half-naked fantasy babes.

Look at the amount of views and comments: a very 'hot topic'. Look at the level of 'uh, not this again' = 5%, I'd say. I don't want answers as to why this post is scorned at, I just think it's fascinating stuff, and OP has unwittingly unleashed a social experiment gem as far as I see it. To lock it down is both obnoxious and close-minded.

What would be the reaction, I wonder, if someone were to post a homosexual equivalent of this thread? I think most 'hetros' like myself would just ignore it without trying to burn it to the ground. I'm not suggesting the naysayers are homosexuals, but I'm not saying they don't come off that way either - and who cares (I'm entitled to a subjective opinion, freedom of speech and no hate expressed)? Both are normal people. My main point is that if you're not into the shape of the female body, don't condescend those that post about it. Just ignore it, like I'd ignore homosexual shit. And we all just live together in peace.

Certainly don't lock down a popular discussion because someone gave you the rights - or someone else may just complain that you're on a little god trip...

addict
addict
we demand more sexy We Demand More Sexy and Armors and clothing thread threads?

journeyman
journeyman
Good riddance.

R
roo3030 Offline OP
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
R
'We' demand more freedom of speech, my friend... Why was that thread shut down? Totalitarian? Should just let the thing live. If people think it's crass, ignore it. I personally liked the art and the OP was in good taste - no sleazy shit. Then it gets locked down...over nothing? Because forum moderator decides to do it = god trip. No one was being aggressive on it.

Unlock that shit! Or someone needs the sack.

Pissed off more about the abuse of power than anything else.

And hell yeah, we need more 'sexy and armors and clothing' in general!

R
roo3030 Offline OP
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
R
Care to expand on that 'Leuenherz'?

Maybe you need a borat pic in a thong instead? /jk

enthusiast
enthusiast
I demand more badass robes & leather armor.

old hand
old hand
We demand more sexy "We demand more sexy XXX" phrase in the game for some NPC to voice it. She has already become a local meme

Originally Posted by roo3030
'We' demand more freedom of speech, my friend..!

No. We demand more sexy freedom of speech!

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
N
old hand
old hand
N
I want sexy shields and bra armors!

Last edited by Nyanko; 20/11/20 10:45 PM.
R
roo3030 Offline OP
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
R
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
We demand more sexy "We demand more sexy XXX" phrase in the game for some NPC to voice it. She has already become a local meme

'We' demand more freedom of speech, my friend..!

I spent 500 words (or something) trying to express what you just said mate - Einstein said it best 'genius is making the complex simple, not making the simple complex'

R
roo3030 Offline OP
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
R
They shoot one 'we demand sexy shit' thread down - and 5min later, the poor man's 'we demand sexy shit' thread has 100 views!!!

Unblock the original 'we demand sexy shit' thread - because we're all in god damned lockdown and demand at least online we can have sexy shit...

old hand
old hand
We Demand More Sexy topic about what We Demand

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Considering some of the classes only need cloth. Can only wear cloth. -- and magic.

I do not doubt some sexualised items, especially for charisma casters or performance users. 5E is kinda trash on magic items, but it's a collection that is growing and already has the basics covered.

Anything lacking, Larian can always hunt through the previous editions and homebrew for use. - or wait for modders to abuse their super powers. It'll happen.

R
roo3030 Offline OP
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
R
I've a funny felling I should delete this thread.........but how or never!!! Sexy half-naked fantasy art (exclusively female) - that's my crass, one-sided contribution of the night. Get it going Larian!

old hand
old hand

This is more about just freedom of speech on the forums, rather than continuing the debate of that thread. Just randomly locked down a popular topic (10,000+ views) because of what? Someone playing god as moderator? F**k that.

This is going to go well for you.

R
roo3030 Offline OP
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
R
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies

This is going to go well for you.

Can't tell if that's sarcasm or what... But if you think I give a flying f*** about getting kicked of these forums... Well...

I don't pal.

I think we all made a fair point.

Sexy, half-naked pixels of women should be freely available and NOT LOCKED down... Just unlock the other thread - it's not even about the sexy pics... It's about freedom of speech. This guy starts a thread... Good artwork to back him up... And he gets locked down??? Fuckin madness happening there

enthusiast
enthusiast
Freedom of speech is just an another utopia, mate. Idea but less and less realistic. There are admins and mods for a reason since forums exists.

veteran
veteran
Can't tell if that's sarcasm or what... But if you think I give a flying f*** about getting kicked of these forums... Well...

I don't pal.

Sexy, half-naked pixels of women should be freely available and NOT LOCKED down... Just unlock the other thread - it's not even about the sexy pics... It's about freedom of speech. This guy starts a thread... Good artwork to back him up... And he gets locked down??? Fuckin madness happening there

We demand more sexy moderator response?

R
roo3030 Offline OP
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
R
Originally Posted by Verte
Freedom of speech is just an another utopia, mate. Idea but less and less realistic. There are admins and mods for a reason since forums exists.

Yeah but needs be backed up by logic if someone gets locked down (that other post I'm talking about) - it wasn't. It was just randomly decided - ok, shut this down. Donald Trump esque. That's not forum moderation - that's dictatorship, and they can shove it up their pie-hole and ban me if they want to over it - couldn't give a f**k. What I said is right.

addict
addict

As I thrall through the endless word-dross (online newspapers, not Larian forums), I somehow happen to end up on comically named 'We Demand More Sexy and Armors and clothing' thread again... *shrugs* I always thought you could just leave a random message on a random post and not be despised for inadvertently 'bumping' it - it's just a few words, a harmless human 'reaction'...

Nice new art on the thread - harmless, I would say: by no means calling for a 'shutdown'. Some auld prudes on the thread - I think this thread is ingenious more for the social commentary it unearths rather than the sexy non-Borat art of half-naked fantasy babes.

Look at the amount of views and comments: a very 'hot topic'. Look at the level of 'uh, not this again' = 5%, I'd say. I don't want answers as to why this post is scorned at, I just think it's fascinating stuff, and OP has unwittingly unleashed a social experiment gem as far as I see it. To lock it down is both obnoxious and close-minded.

What would be the reaction, I wonder, if someone were to post a homosexual equivalent of this thread? I think most 'hetros' like myself would just ignore it without trying to burn it to the ground. I'm not suggesting the naysayers are homosexuals, but I'm not saying they don't come off that way either - and who cares (I'm entitled to a subjective opinion, freedom of speech and no hate expressed)? Both are normal people. My main point is that if you're not into the shape of the female body, don't condescend those that post about it. Just ignore it, like I'd ignore homosexual shit. And we all just live together in peace.

Certainly don't lock down a popular discussion because someone gave you the rights - or someone else may just complain that you're on a little god trip...

Allright.. I cant speak for Vometia, and Im more than certain she will give her own reason as well, but I guess the thread was closed down because it was starting to lean more towards personal insults and ridiculing each other's opinions instead being a serious discussion. So accusing a mod doing her job for playing God, is completely uncalled for. If Vometia would have found the linked images posted by the thread maker as harmful, she would have locked that thread down, burried it, and had spiritual practitioners from five major religions sanctify the ground, before the thread would get popular. Fact: The only pics she asked people not to post, was of Borat in a mankini. And the thread was locked down after someone posted (burt reanolds?) in sexy lingerie. So I guess, in a way, she did impede the freedom of speech" but not in the way you are accusing her of.

As for your estimation of the comments opposing the suggested feedback being 5%, I guess you forgot a zero there. I'm sure you meant to write 50%. And that would be wrong as well since, if you exlude the pictures posted by the OP, you'll find that the majority of the comments are against the OP's idea of sexy clothing.

Also, no where in the Topic, or by the OP, were it stated that the thread was for heterosexual males only. In fact, the OP even encouraged people to post pics on sexy males in armor if they prefered that instead, and assuming that people that are against the suggested topic, are homosexual males, is just straight out presumptionous, alienating not only female players but also heterosexual male players that don't find the need for skimpy clothing on female characters (Yes, I'm aware of your effort to phrase that paragraph as politictly correct as you could but I saw straight through it. "homosexual shit" kinda gave you away there, buddy)

Lastly, and once again, I guess, a big reason for views and comments is because the OP choose to use "We" instead of "I" without explaining whom he was speaking for, implying he was speaking for the majority of the player base. And, based on the reactions, that wasn't true. If he would simply had stated that "he" wants to see more skin on the characters, the thread, in my belief, wouldn't had gathered as much attention/opposition in the first place.

Last edited by PrivateRaccoon; 21/11/20 01:22 AM.
R
roo3030 Offline OP
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
R
Originally Posted by mrfuji3

I don't pal.

We demand more sexy moderator response?

Why? Scant on the details - otherwise you're just saying 'I'm sensitive to opinions that don't align with my own, even though no explicit offence has been expressed, and therefore want this closed'.

Frankly, you need bigger guns.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard