addict
addict
Originally Posted by Abits
I just wanna bang him

[Linked Image]

Ellenhard #736997 20/11/20 08:25 PM
addict
addict
Best possible moment to post my meme, I see.

Sozz #737000 20/11/20 08:28 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by Sozz
I also think the inconsistency people are talking about comes from how asexual he comes across as, by which I mean his child-like behavior, not whether or not he's gay or straight.

Exactly. Unless Minsc is made saner by the writers (it could be, could be not, I think I'll check Minsc's datamined dialog),

KillerRabbit #737001 20/11/20 08:32 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
@Sozz yes, that captures it. Agreed, for me Minsc is asexual.

And @Ellenhard -- it is possible of course. I haven't read the comic books but I've heard that it's also not clear if statue Minsc or some wild magic gone really really off.

Descent into Avernus, 184 pg says the magic gone off, I think it's canon material.

Sozz #737004 20/11/20 08:35 PM
W
veteran
veteran
W
I also think the inconsistency people are talking about comes from how asexual he comes across as, by which I mean his child-like behavior, not whether or not he's gay or straight.

I could get onboard with that idea, but the OP was specifically arguing that Minsc should only be straight, not asexual, so that isn’t what he meant by inconsistent.

Warlocke #737009 20/11/20 08:47 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by Warlocke

I could get onboard with that idea, but the OP was specifically arguing that Minsc should only be straight, not asexual, so that isn’t what he meant by inconsistent.

I said it would be very strange if he isn't straight (also asexual as it was), considering his culture. It is hard enough to find the right words in a non-native language without twisting words for argument's sake.

Ellenhard #737012 20/11/20 08:54 PM
W
veteran
veteran
W
I didn’t twist your words but okay my dude. 😂

We can disagree about the propriety of it, but Minsc is romanceable by male and female protagonists. If you find that offensive, well prepare for that now, I guess.

Warlocke #737015 20/11/20 08:58 PM
addict
addict

We can disagree about the propriety of it, but Minsc is romanceable by male and female protagonists. If you find that offensive, well prepare for that now, I guess.
It should be noted that a number of players, myself included, would like some more lighthearted and maybe even comical romance scenes instead of outright sex with all companions. Larian coded romance as "sex" in their files but Shadowheart's romance scene still tags you as having had "sex" with her AFAIK, so some romance scenes may be more PG or goofier.

Vhaldez #737018 20/11/20 09:03 PM
W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Vhaldez

It should be noted that a number of players, myself included, would like some more lighthearted and maybe even comical romance scenes instead of outright sex with all companions. Larian coded romance as "sex" in their files but Shadowheart's romance scene still tags you as having had "sex" with her AFAIK, so some romance scenes may be more PG or goofier.

I’m with you. I probably won’t do any of the romance options in the game, but if there was something similar to Fane’s sex scene from DOS2 I’d reconsider.

Last edited by Warlocke; 20/11/20 09:04 PM.
Warlocke #737021 20/11/20 09:07 PM
E
OP Offline
E

We'll see how it works out, I suppose. That is what this discussion is for - to understand each other opinion and maybe hear some new ideas.

Ellenhard #737026 20/11/20 09:21 PM
veteran
veteran
Glad that that's sorted out. now it's a good time for my all-time favorite minsc sex lines we can expect from the romance:
"Minsc and boo stand ready" "jump on my sword while you can lover I won't be as gentle (squick squick)"
"Ohh we are all orgy you and boo and I! Hamsters and rangers everywhere!"
"Let's fuck! For justice!"
"*Squick squick* boo says, oh myyy"
"Go for the mouth boo go for the mouth ahhhhhhhh *semen*"

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
Ellenhard #737031 20/11/20 09:57 PM
addict
addict
8 int
6 wis

...this dude cant even tie his own shoe laces

alice_ashpool #737055 20/11/20 10:47 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool
8 int
6 wis

He can still kick butt with the unlaced shoes, it's ok.
I bet you they've made his Wis at least to 8 though.

Ellenhard #737058 20/11/20 10:48 PM
old hand
old hand
Minsk not only the name of the character, is the capital of Belarus, where protests are currently taking place. (a minute of political information)

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Ellenhard #737063 20/11/20 10:49 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ellenhard

And @Ellenhard -- it is possible of course. I haven't read the comic books but I've heard that it's also not clear if statue Minsc or some wild magic gone really really off.

Descent into Avernus, 184 pg says the magic gone off, I think it's canon material.

Actually, the comic book Legends of Badur's Gate tells another story. I don't know why they would publish this if it's not canon...

[img]https://ibb.co/FHb8N61[/img]
[img]https://ibb.co/xM9FZHP[/img]
[img]https://ibb.co/JH7M97J[/img]
[img]https://ibb.co/yFKvScP[/img]

Then again, I have Descent into Avernus and haven't red the part you mentioned, so I'll check it out.

Last edited by Gt27mustang; 20/11/20 10:50 PM.
Ellenhard #737074 20/11/20 11:04 PM
old hand
old hand

Don't ask Google. I'm Russian and I know the history, mindset and traditions of my country well enough. Let's stop at that, please. Any Russian still living in the country can support my claim.

As well as the fact that a lot of Russian gamers I personally know do count Rashemi as a somewhat-related people.

And we aren't talking about most people in Russia, just those who are interested already/could be interested. By no means I'm saying I know it all, but I would not have said anything about that inconsistency if I wasn't sure.

WotC and Hasbro can do whatever they want. As did V5 VtM. Look how it's turned about after mentioning Checnhya: https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/16/18098929/white-wolf-controversy-paradox-interactive-new-ceo

It would be not a nice thing to offend people and their culture, when you can easily be more diplomatic toward the whole case and people's beliefs and feelings.

Hold up, are we honestly talking about reducing romance options for gay players in an effort to avoid offending homophobes?

Yeah, they can go ahead and be offended while they wait in line to fall off the sharp edge of history into the relic bin.

Last edited by Firesnakearies; 20/11/20 11:05 PM.
Gt27mustang #737075 20/11/20 11:06 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by Gt27mustang

Actually, the comic book Legends of Badur's Gate tells another story. I don't know why they would publish this if it's not canon...

[img]https://ibb.co/FHb8N61[/img]
[img]https://ibb.co/xM9FZHP[/img]
[img]https://ibb.co/JH7M97J[/img]
[img]https://ibb.co/yFKvScP[/img]

Then again, I have Descent into Avernus and haven't red the part you mentioned, so I'll check it out.

Maybe it's a misunderstanding; I've meant it's clear that the "statue Minsc" has been reverted and the wild magic effect gone off him. https://ibb.co/Sxnf4JV
In any case, I've seen canon wrecked already by this game, or should I say overwritten, so it can happen again.

alice_ashpool #737077 20/11/20 11:09 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool
8 int
6 wis

Plenty of people dumber than that are merrily breeding every day.

Source: am American.

Firesnakearies #737080 20/11/20 11:12 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies

Don't ask Google. I'm Russian and I know the history, mindset and traditions of my country well enough. Let's stop at that, please. Any Russian still living in the country can support my claim.

As well as the fact that a lot of Russian gamers I personally know do count Rashemi as a somewhat-related people.

And we aren't talking about most people in Russia, just those who are interested already/could be interested. By no means I'm saying I know it all, but I would not have said anything about that inconsistency if I wasn't sure.

WotC and Hasbro can do whatever they want. As did V5 VtM. Look how it's turned about after mentioning Checnhya: https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/16/18098929/white-wolf-controversy-paradox-interactive-new-ceo

It would be not a nice thing to offend people and their culture, when you can easily be more diplomatic toward the whole case and people's beliefs and feelings.

Hold up, are we honestly talking about reducing romance options for gay players in an effort to avoid offending homophobes?

Yeah, they can go ahead and be offended while they wait in line to fall off the sharp edge of history into the relic bin.

Nah, I'm surprised you've read that like this, actually. The traditional society we all have come from is not equaled to homophobia at all, would be nice not judge and generalize anyone's beliefs, but that's beside the point. I understand what you mean.

Firesnakearies #737081 20/11/20 11:15 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies

I'm all for tweaking the noses of the censor and bigot, but I also don't like the way RPGs seem to treat all character's as sexually fluid.

If my character's romance as a woman is a copy and paste of their romance as a man I consider that a failure of writing, because it doesn't reflect very common world experience, even for a high-fantasy medieval one.
By that token if every companion is just a vessel for my MC's attention, it detracts from their characterization.

That said I'm afraid of talking about it here because the OP seems to be coming from a place involving the ongoing kulturkampf in Russia right now, about which I don't think any of my commentary would be welcome.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard