Print Thread
Page 5 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 24 25
addict
addict
Shale

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by SaurianDruid

Something like a Lizardfolk, Kenku, dragonborn, or Tabaxi. I'd even settle for a Goliath. Just something that is immediately visibly distinct from the norm that comes with some interesting cultural differences and behaviors without being callously evil.

Goliath would be rad.

But how about a Thri-Kreen? I love those things. (They're not just a Dark Sun thing, they existed in Faerun before Dark Sun even came out.)

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool
Shale

+
fav girl
[Linked Image]

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
Originally Posted by kanisatha
I only want good-oriented and honorable companions, and I need at least five of them because I will only be playing the game with a mod that increases party size to six. Someone already mentioned Eder. Yes I love Eder. In both PoE games Eder is my always-in-the-party companion. In PoE1 I also similarly loved Sagani and she was always in my party too.

I don't care at all about my companions being "nuanced" or "flawed" because that's what's "realistic." If I wanted any of that, I can get that from real life. I play my cRPGs to get away from real life.

I love Eder so much, he was a GREAT companion. But Sagani seemed dull as dirt, to me.

The reason I loved Sagani so much is that
when you get near her when first coming across her, you overhear her talking to her fox about how much she is worried and even scared because she things the person who she's waiting for is not going to show and she is going to end up dead in that very dangerous place.
That just made her like my little sister who I wanted to be very protective of from then on. A personal thing I guess. Plus, yes, the foxy fox!!! smile

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Uncle Lester
I don't care at all about my companions being "nuanced" or "flawed" because that's what's "realistic."

I'm strongly of the opinion that emotional baggage or flaws don't automatically make characters better written or more realistic. "Nuanced" is often good, but I like simple, fun characters too (and actually find them refreshing in the modern race for "depth", which often equals "drama").

You said it my friend. So this^

Separately, I've always been torn between Yen and Triss. Yen is so obviously the default love of Geralt. So it makes sense to always go with her. But Triss is such a sweetheart, and a redhead on top of that, it's just ... well ... YUM!! smile

enthusiast
enthusiast

Separately, I've always been torn between Yen and Triss. Yen is so obviously the default love of Geralt. So it makes sense to always go with her. But Triss is such a sweetheart, and a redhead on top of that, it's just ... well ... YUM!! smile

Khe, khe Shani

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Verte
Shale

+
fav girl
[Linked Image]

Shale was so good! Man, we need more unique characters like that.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Verte
Shale

+
fav girl
[Linked Image]

Shale was so good! Man, we need more unique characters like that.

This golem dies when we help Bianca restore Anvil of the Void and make Orzammar great again, a sad story. I love that the decision was difficult, as was the choice between Harrowmont and Belén. The Dragon Age origin allowed it's up to everyone to decide what was good and what was bad. An example of good quests where you really think about what decision to make, because everyone has motivation and moral justification. Even helping werewolves made some sense

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
veteran
veteran
Yup, the DA games have had some good companions too, Shale among them.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I love that the decision was difficult, as was the choice between Harrowmont and Belén.

Those choices weren't difficult for me at all. The only really difficult choice in that game was whether my Warden should die or talk poor Alistair into sleeping with Morrigan (ew ew rapey ew).

My favorite companions from Pillars of Eternity were Aloth, Sagani, Pallegina and Kana. Apparently that's the most boring party of all time, but I had a blast.

old hand
old hand
No one liked Grieving Mother? She was my favorite.

veteran
veteran
I liked Grieving Mother. Favorites in order were Durance, Eder and then GM. Mixed feelings on the chanter.

old hand
old hand

She was interesting to get to know. Once.

enthusiast
enthusiast

I liked her but wasn't big fan of her class. Serafen and Ydwin, liked both, were ciphers too, what a coincidence.

+Eder, Devil and Durance. Hiravias wasn't special but I had some sympathy for him, maybe thats because of the fur.

Last edited by Verte; 21/11/20 02:14 AM.
stranger
stranger
I just don't want any silly comic relief companions.

I cannot agree more with this! I don't mind a bit of silly banter between companions or a funny remark now and then but a character who's only reason for existence is to blunder about, living up to a stereotype and generally make every situation in the game feel a little less perilous is just too excessive for me. And when these comedic characters finally have their serious moment in a game I'm already like: "ye ye funny man when are you going to let out a burp or trip over your words or something?"
Regarding another recent thread this is also my issue with Minsc and...Boo. Yes, yes a well explored character of the franchise but still it's a giant russian man and his pet hamster who against all odds hasn't been squished yet. A tad difficult to take seriously a lot of the time.

Aaanyway~
As a fan of Paladins my ideal companion would simply be a good aligned Paladin who throughout the journey would come into some sort of conflict regarding his oath to protect others. Perhaps witnessing the constant atrocities his own people commit against one another and other races. A tad cliche yes but with Larian's story telling and near-flawless voice acting work I can imaging this being a very emotional journey.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
I love that the decision was difficult, as was the choice between Harrowmont and Belén.

Those choices weren't difficult for me at all. The only really difficult choice in that game was whether my Warden should die or talk poor Alistair into sleeping with Morrigan (ew ew rapey ew).

My favorite companions from Pillars of Eternity were Aloth, Sagani, Pallegina and Kana. Apparently that's the most boring party of all time, but I had a blast.

Sure? I played the game as a dwarf noble and a commoner dwarf.
Harrowmont looks good and Belén looks evil. They really are.
But Belén wants to arrange reforms, and stop discriminating against the poor dwarfs, abolish the caste system (and when he was chosen, the epilogue tells that the dwarfs have better times).
Harrowmont is good as a person, but maintains the caste system, and is also ineffective as a king, after which the dwarves begin to have problems.
So I can't call one choice evil and the other good

By the way, Loghain can sleep with Morrigan at the personal request of the Gray Warden. This is one of the weirdest things about Dragon Age, but very funny.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
old hand
old hand
I played the game as a dwarf noble and a commoner dwarf.

I did too, multiple times (and as every other origin available). Still not a hard choice. I've never chosen Bhelen (or Branka) once.

By the way, Loghain can sleep with Morrigan at the personal request of the Gray Warden

That requires betraying Alistair. Also something I've never been able to do.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
I played the game as a dwarf noble and a commoner dwarf.

I did too, multiple times (and as every other origin available). Still not a hard choice. I've never chosen Bhelen (or Branka) once.

By the way, Loghain can sleep with Morrigan at the personal request of the Gray Warden

That requires betraying Alistair. Also something I've never been able to do.

I understand Alistair is a good character. I was upset when he left the group (I never allowed him to be executed, but I like to give mercy to antagonists)
The option when Alistair has to sleep with Morrigan is even more fun, especially if the main character has an affair with Morrigan

old hand
old hand
The option when Alistair has to sleep with Morrigan is even more fun, especially if the main character has an affair with Morrigan

You mean if the Warden is sleeping with Morrigan and they convince Alistair to do it anwyay? I do think that's funny - I have no idea what arguments the Warden uses in that case - and I love that BioWare gives players the option. Options are good!

addict
addict

Goliath would be rad.

But how about a Thri-Kreen? I love those things. (They're not just a Dark Sun thing, they existed in Faerun before Dark Sun even came out.)

Thri'Kreen would be awesome. Games in general need more giant bug people.

Granted the romance would be challenging to say the least, but let's be honest; This isn't the weirdest thing someone in DnD has tried to sleep with.

Ideal party: A Lizardfolk PC, a Thri'Kreen, a Tabaxi, and a bugbear. Any time you talk to NPCs you need to wait for them to be done screaming before you can access normal dialogue.

It'd be glorious.

Page 5 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 24 25

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard