Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#736694 20/11/20 05:12 AM
acatlas Offline OP
OP Offline
It would be nice if Larion could give us an idea of what they are aiming for with content updates. Some of us stream the game as part of our regular weekly twitch streams and youtube videos/streams. On 2nd+ play through to I think I am mid my 8th 9th and 10th in multiplayer at the moment. With being early access it would be nice to get some official news on. The next content edition patch and what we might get to see being added. Being able to update our followers and subscribers with new content coming would be a very nice. Especially with holidays coming up. It would be lovely to here if we will get a but further peek into what's coming out with holidays coming up. I know alot of us are excited to see new classes ect to both promote the game and our own streams going into the holidays and keep viewership up. Like an indevelopment post from Larion would be very nice.

old hand
old hand
There will be one.

WHEN THE GODS WILL IT.

Maybe they'll will it tomorrow?

old hand
old hand
Has there been any kind of development map released? Since Marian is a big studio I'm not expecting them to go into great detail and certainly not to make calender/date promises but a general "this is what we're doing next" thing would be nice.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
addict
addict
Nice. Now that streamers are asking for updates, we'll finally get some information.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Well it would stimulate some interest in the game to get more feedback, so sooner is better.

acatlas Offline OP
OP Offline
Yeah viewership is down lately for anyone that streams. Makes it hard to be playing it. Regularly if you stream. Which does not do them any favors either its free marketing for them it would be nice to have some news just for that reason.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
we "might" get some news here tomorrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcQ...IFBQq4PCv&index=1&ab_channel=IGN

but am not expecting anything since most dev , don't know what those video are about.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
acatlas Offline OP
OP Offline
It would just be nice to hear something like hey were working on druid or paladin or something for december were hoping to release a small patch then were you can play x additional content we have also fixed a b c d. and raised level cap to 5 were hoping to release it for december but no eta at the moment. (Just so we had a little teaser). The feedback they are getting has to have dropped off quite a bit just based on the amount of people streaming currently. Having dropped a lot. A few of us were going to do a multi-tonight but put it off till tomorrow cause viewers counts were too low.

G
addict
addict
G
Viewership has cratered on the game and the negative reviews is getting louder. Larian has to act before month-end with not just an insignificant update about player choice.

veteran
veteran
I didnt seen any negative review so far. O_o

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Yeah well someone said it above and I surprisingly agree - there has been no official release of any kind of roadmap, and everyone here is waiting for updates. You'll just have to wait and see, like the rest of us.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
acatlas Offline OP
OP Offline
Any details beats shooting in the dark for something you can actually get excited over.

addict
addict
There'll likely be an update before Christmas. It'll be marketed by Larian as a gift, which will buy them dead air time before people shake it off and remember how inconsistent the company has been at communicating.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Come on people, stop expecting Larian Studios to act like an AAA studio who can do stuff like Tactical Adventures.

https://www.solasta-game.com/news/105-dev-update-23-winter-patch-preview

Oh wait, Tactical Adventures is a tiny independent studio who seems to understand how to communicate during an early access.

old hand
old hand
They never said they were gonna communicate. They just said they'd take our feedback and make the game better.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Merry Mayhem
Come on people, stop expecting Larian Studios to act like an AAA studio who can do stuff like Tactical Adventures.

https://www.solasta-game.com/news/105-dev-update-23-winter-patch-preview

Oh wait, Tactical Adventures is a tiny independent studio who seems to understand how to communicate during an early access.

I'm annoyed with Larian's lack of communication, but even I have to objectively say that this is a silly point to make.
Of course there's going to be more communication from a small upstart company with just a handful of people working on a project that's tiny in scale when compared to a large company working on a huge project.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tzelanit
I'm annoyed with Larian's lack of communication

Oh please, stop somehow at Paradox forum, alt tell us there how do find lack of comunication anoying, since you get your last update moth ago. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
enthusiast
enthusiast
I have never understood why developers and/or publisher fail in communication so much. I am not talking about actively respondign on forums regulary. That would be nice but take staff off something else since people have the tendency to take an arm if you give a hand.

What really would be nice is a roadmap, as mentioned above and at least one statement about progress in development to certain times. Once a week or twice a month. Something like that.

That way it would not look that the EA was used mainly to get funds but that they are actually interested in our feedback. It would not be the first time that development of games ignored feedback even on things where a great part of the playerbase was positive about.

I would really appreciate a statement about what they intend to fix when or in case of suggestions, which they consider.

I think that woulde be called "building trust with your customers".

Lots of publishers don't do it to evade broken promises and the rants that go with it. But i think if you communitcate it clear and formulate it well you can evade that. You will still get ranted at by some people but that happens anyway.

veteran
veteran
I suspect that the reason for this lack of communication seem to be the enormous weight the fans give to any offhand comment Larian's official makes. We spent pages upon pages discussing and analysing every word Sven said during his last interview with IGN, analysing both what he said and what he didn't. Were I in Larian's shoes, I would also be very careful of what I'm saying, since people seem to draw some very far reaching conclusions from every syllable I say. It seems to me like they comment on things they are absolutely sure about, at least for now

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Abits
I suspect that the reason for this lack of communication seem to be the enormous weight the fans give to any offhand comment Larian's official makes. We spent pages upon pages discussing and analysing every word Sven said during his last interview with IGN, analysing both what he said and what he didn't. Were I in Larian's shoes, I would also be very careful of what I'm saying, since people seem to draw some very far reaching conclusions from every syllable I say. It seems to me like they comment on things they are absolutely sure about, at least for now

To be fair, I think this immense focus on that IGN interview is a direct result of the lack of direct/frequent communication. We have nothing better to do on these forums than discuss that article.

If there was a patch (or community update, big or small) more often, or a roadmap telling us when to expect these updates, then we'd probably give less weight to every offhand remark Swen makes.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard