Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#737469 21/11/20 05:54 PM
Arne Offline OP
OP Offline
I always liked to play a sorcerer. Charismatic, powerful spells, they have it all.

To my horror, I had to realize that this class was not included in the early access. Instead, superfluous classes like fighters, wizards and even rogues were available!

After this initial shock, I was sulking a little ("Bah, Larian, if you don't give me my class, I won't play your game!"). Then, however, I had to endure the most excruciating experience in my entire life: I played the game as a *Wizard*.

Needless to say that he was a completely un-charismatic, downright repulsive nerd. He wasn't loved by either goblins, druids or the better sex, didn't get additional quest rewards, wasn't praised for his good looks or admired for his laid back nature. In the end, he ended up drinking with Ethel discussing why no one likes them.

The reason, of course, was obvious: It was the god's (Read: Larian's) fault that they turned out so ugly. If they had been given the option of a sorcerer class, Ethel would have been a kind and benevolent witch. And my wizard would have been a sorcerer easily talking the Illithids, Goblins and Druids into making peace and giving him all their valuables.

Arne #737478 21/11/20 06:10 PM
addict
addict
Entertaining story. Good try.

Arne #737485 21/11/20 06:20 PM
old hand
old hand
Good post, but you kept spelling "bard" wrong.

Arne #737512 21/11/20 07:27 PM
Banned
Banned
Wizards & Sorcerers are not the same?
Let me guess "Mages" are another thing as well huh? ^^
Time to feel like the biggest D&D noob of all times. The more I know the worse I feel. ^^

I kinda miss the Necromancer.
Want my Army of Darkness. ^^

Arne Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
Good post, but you kept spelling "bard" wrong.

----------------------------------------------

Beards? Beards are definitely something we need as well wink

Arne #737593 21/11/20 09:48 PM
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
You can find loaves of bread in the game.

Arne #737667 22/11/20 12:16 AM
addict
addict
You could've just gone with warlock if you wanted to be a spellcaster that has high charisma.

Arne Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by SaurianDruid
You could've just gone with warlock if you wanted to be a spellcaster that has high charisma.

Yes, my character could have turned to worship demons and fiends to find salvation. Chtulu would also have been an option. Celestials and fey are obviously abhorred by the inscrutable gods of this world.

Which brings my char back to drinking with Ethel wink

Last edited by Arne; 22/11/20 02:02 AM.
Arne #737696 22/11/20 01:58 AM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Arne
Yes, my character could have turned to worship demons and fiends. Which brings him back to drinking with Ethel wink

No no, forget those infernal types - you need to join the GOO warlock club. Nyarlathotep can be very charismatic when he's not doing his crawling chaos thing. You'll like him.

We do still need bards, though.

Arne #737715 22/11/20 02:58 AM
addict
addict
I'm with OP on this. Join the sorc fan club y'all!

I do want to see Larian deal with the fundamental game mechanics like combat, conversations, inventory an ui etc, making changes based on player feedback, first though,, before adding more playable content, as doing it the otherway around sends the signal they are happy with the current state of the game and intend to move forward with the design in place. I'm actually getting my hope up somewhat that the current silence from the devs means they are making major changes already.

Arne #737716 22/11/20 03:00 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
I am looking forward to Sorcerer too, I know that there's Warlocks but I really prefer to play as CHA characters just for RP reasons xD.
I like it when my character is the one doing the talking.

Arne #737722 22/11/20 03:38 AM
veteran
veteran
The reason, of course, was obvious: It was the god's (Read: Larian's) fault that they turned out so ugly. If they had been given the option of a sorcerer class, Ethel would have been a kind and benevolent witch. And my wizard would have been a sorcerer easily talking the Illithids, Goblins and Druids into making peace and giving him all their valuables.

This may seem like odd question ... but since i allready had my fair share of badly distribued statistic ...
(deleted 3 characters, since i did them wrong :D)

What exactly was stoping you in creating huge-charismatic Wizzard? O_o

Also, the last thing this world need is bard. -_-
But i dont see any monks around here!

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
N
old hand
old hand
N
I
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD

This may seem like odd question ... but since i allready had my fair share of badly distribued statistic ...
(deleted 3 characters, since i did them wrong :D)

What exactly was stoping you in creating huge-charismatic Wizzard? O_o

Also, the last thing this world need is bard. -_-
But i dont see any monks around here!

I mean theoretically you can do q high cha wizard, the extra cha is just useless in combat

Arne #737728 22/11/20 04:03 AM
veteran
veteran
Aswell as intellect is in conversations. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 22/11/20 04:03 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
addict
addict
Yes, my character could have turned to worship demons and fiends. Which brings him back to drinking with Ethel wink

Warlocks doesn't worship then. Doesn't draw their power from then. They are just the masters and warlocks, the apprentices.

Vader and Palpatine are probably how their relationship works. Vader doesn't leech power from Palpatine, but he depends heavily on the teachings of palpatine and palpatine can order Vader to do thins for him.

Arne #737753 22/11/20 06:20 AM
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Sorc is pretty much my favourite. Loved it in 3.5, Pathfinder, 4th editions and I typically play a spellcaster in RPG's.

The long gap in updates hint at something big. It doesn't need to be in full working order. I just want to mess with all the main classes!

Arne #737756 22/11/20 06:38 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
I want to be a Sorcerer so I can grow wings or crazy things like that.

Arne Offline OP
OP Offline

No no, forget those infernal types - you need to join the GOO warlock club. Nyarlathotep can be very charismatic when he's not doing his crawling chaos thing. You'll like him.

I can't even pronounce that! Why can't I make a pact with someone nice, a pretty celestial or a funny fey? That would also be a better romance option than the eternally grumpy, aptly named Shadowheart wink

We do still need bards, though.

Hell, yes! Bardiches are cool. A sorcerer armed with a bardiche can poke Goblins from afar. wink

Arne #737801 22/11/20 10:06 AM
I agree. I love the Sorcerer class. But since that class is missing I had to roll a warlock instead.
But i'm positive that the Sorcerer class will be added to the game later. By Larian that is, not by modders (who have already added the class).

Arne Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon
I'm with OP on this. Join the sorc fan club y'all!

Exactly.

With a sorcerer we could have something like the secret Far Cry 4 ending. We could simply sit down with the Illithids, drink some cocoa/brain cocktail and talk things out. After several ludicrously easy DC 20 persuasion checks, we could convince them to henceforth grow their brains in vats. The credits would roll and the game would be over in under 5 min.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard