Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
I'm sure this was plastered all over the place, but the one place where this tidbit of information is conspicuously absent is on the Steam Store page. I paid $60 expecting an early access title with bugs, glitches, etc., as you do, but nowhere was I informed prior to purchase that only 1 Chapter of the game's storyline was playable and the level cap was set at 4.

I'm sure this will be a masterpiece RPG once complete, but I do feel tricked. It needs to be stated on the Store Page. The end.

old hand
old hand
Copied from the Steam store page:

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“Leading up to release you can expect a plethora of incremental improvements and new features to be added to the game, as well as the inclusion of new classes and races. The 1.0 release will include the full game including Acts 2 and 3.”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“The Early Access version of Baldur’s Gate 3 includes Act 1 of the game which, in one playthrough, is approximately 25 hours of self-contained content. 6 player classes are supported and 9 races/subraces with more to be added later. There are 5 origin characters which you can recruit (but not play as for now). Most of Baldur’s Gate 3’s advertised features are included though some are still work in progress. Not every language is currently supported, as our writers are still developing the game which makes translation difficult.

We’ve worked hard to release an Early Access version that feels complete, fun to play, and has as little stub (unfinished) content as possible. There are bugs and there will be changes to content (often based on player feedback), but our goal is to already now give you something that’s genuinely fun to play.”

journeyman
journeyman
They actually wrote that like everywhere..i think i saw it even as a warning before buying it

addict
addict
On the Steam store, the top message about Early Access has a Read More button. The first sections reads :

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“Though Act 1 (the content for Early Access) is defined, Act’s 2 and 3 are work in progress. It’s therefore difficult to predict when 1.0 will launch. We anticipate Baldur’s Gate 3 being in Early Access for at least one year but we’ll have to see how it goes. It’ll be ready when it’s ready.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“Leading up to release you can expect a plethora of incremental improvements and new features to be added to the game, as well as the inclusion of new classes and races. The 1.0 release will include the full game including Acts 2 and 3.”

As Steam does not really have a real Refund policy (yes, I know, they technically have one, but it is a total insult to any honesty), I take the time to study games attentively before buying (mostly watching Youtubers I trust). Sincerely sorry if that sounds arrogant on a forum, but we all learn this the hard way (in my case it was ARK Survival Early Access).

Last edited by Baraz; 22/11/20 01:22 AM.
veteran
veteran
Do you know what is the most common lie of today's world?
"I have read and understand the terms and conditions."

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink

Link Copied to Clipboard