Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
addict
addict
Just here to echo the countless people who've already responded with a resounding no.
I've met a substantial amount of people who were extremely physically attractive and had all of the charisma of a paper cut on the skin webbing between your thumb and index finger.
Someone being attractive doesn't make them charismatic just because you're drawn to them. That just means that "Standards" and "Self-Respect" were your dump stats.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ange
simply, more or less options as a reward for higher charisma.

Nah, that would be silly, especially if applied just for charisma. If you don’t feel that certain features don’t fit high charisma characters played, then just don’t pick them. Having to invest Charisma to have more customisation to choose from would be an annoying and unnecessary limitation.

Last edited by Wormerine; 21/11/20 11:59 PM.
P
addict
addict
P
"He's hot, not charming; there's a difference" - Tulok the Barbarian, 2020.

old hand
old hand
Ya, no thanks.

journeyman
journeyman
Perhaps we could have characters with low charismas picking their noses, scratching their asses, and farting constantly, to make up for the general tendency towards players making their often low-charisma main characters portrayed as handsome/beautiful looking. That will teach 'em!

Now intelligence... I would open to some new [DUMB] dialogue options if the INT is below 10. "Thinking hard. Tav Smash Problems!". But charisma... no

old hand
old hand
What a charismatic character face might look like (OP version)
[Linked Image]

What a charismatic character face might look like (Game designer version)
[Linked Image]
Although to be honest, absolutely all other charismatic characters face are made perfectly

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Balls
Perhaps we could have characters with low charismas picking their noses, scratching their asses, and farting constantly, to make up for the general tendency towards players making their often low-charisma main characters portrayed as handsome/beautiful looking. That will teach 'em!

even though you surely jest, a low charisma doesn't mean a person can't abide to common socially acceptable behaviour smile

P
addict
addict
P
Originally Posted by Balls

I've made my low Cha characters be bad at speaking, trip on their words, carelessly insult people, or be brash and unlikeable.

old hand
old hand
I think the settings in the character creation editor are very difficult to moderate even with this option.
How much charisma would you give this dwarf?
[Linked Image]

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I think the settings in the character creation editor are very difficult to moderate even with this option.

-

10 beers

addict
addict

He strikes me as a peacock. A confident male daring to sport a bright pink(or is it purple?) hairdo to seperate him from his peers in the eyes of the indended target. He doesnt crave being in the epicentre of attention but still thinks an eye catcher helps, beside relying on his good looks and charming wit.

If the mentioned dwarf does not identify as a male I do deeply apologise for my assumption.

Last edited by PrivateRaccoon; 22/11/20 02:39 AM.
veteran
veteran
Short reaction: Please dont.

On the other hand ...
It would be awesome, if charisma rating actualy mirror how NPCs are talking to you ... not how you look exactly, since that is not necesarily related ... but how "it" see you.
You know like: low charisma: Short and factual conversations, seem like wishing to get rid of you ... big charisma: Offering help by themself, maybe even some light flirting ...

But concidering how many text Larian allready inplemented ...
And concidering how many they will need to implement, so that what they allready did dont looks so flat ...

And even imagine how many another work it would be for some characters react on charisma, some on strength, or intellect, or ... nah, dont want to even think about it, some things should stay in tabletop for few more decades. :-/

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 22/11/20 03:33 AM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
old hand
old hand
[Linked Image]

oh no, I am become all monsters

Ange Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Yeah, I see your point. I guess I just was thinking it would reward charisma based characters, but everyone just got so offended. It certainly explains why no one has done in that way in another game. hahahah

Ange Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
that is a great point. I like your idea.

P
addict
addict
P
Think of it this way: instead of having every attractive character have a Cha of 18, imagine a player describing their edgy protag who is darkly handsome and irresistible to women, and a heartbreaker, etc, only to realise that he has a Cha of 6, and only THINKS that he's the gods gift to women, when in reality he has the personality equivalent of a bag of vomit.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Verte
Doesn't work for me. Most charismatic dictators were ugly as frogs.

THIS.

It may be true that you make your first opinion on a person on the looks. But realize that this includes styling like clothes, hair and makeup etc. The facial proportions would only affect it if they are either out of the norm or are appealing or disappealing to your own personal preferences.

The moment you initiate a conversation is the moment where your inherent charisma decides where it is going. There are people that may shit talk you but you still "like" them.

What i would like in charactrer greation is an attidude option that limits or affects emotional or facial reactions.

Creating a coldhearted, evil cleric and then seeing him with all those pitiful emotinal reaction is pretty "meh!"

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Dheuster
Now intelligence... I would open to some new [DUMB] dialogue options if the INT is below 10. "Thinking hard. Tav Smash Problems!". But charisma... no

I WANT THAT laugh

wisdom too please.
I think it can be SO much fun.

I would also like some more prejudice. I know that may not be a popular opinon but i really hate that my Dwarf interacts with gobs llike with any other race.

Drow already have some of that.

Last edited by UnknownEvil; 22/11/20 08:35 AM.
veteran
veteran
It's an interesting concept for sure. I'm not sure how to implement it though (which might mean it's perfect for a Larian game lol)

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard