Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
If the game gives us the opportunity to willingly turn into an actual mind flayer later on, how many of you would take it?

What about becoming a vampire?

What about becoming a werewolf?

WHAT MONSTER DO YOU WANT TO BECOME?

veteran
veteran
I think the only right answer here is blast-ended skrewt

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
wot is that?

veteran
veteran
Best creatures ever.

About vampires and werewolves - I think the FR version of vampires is pretty lame. We had many innovations (and some regressions) in the vampire mythos over the years, but FR lore doesn't do anything with it. Vampires in the FR are not much more than a very powerful monster to kill by the players. I think there are two reasons for it, one is about gameplay, since being a vampire makes the player too strong for the game to balance, and the other reason is the stupid binary alignment system.
Werewolves are slightly better off, but again from what I understand being a werewolf in FR settings means being restricted, either to a specific druid kit or a curse that automatically makes you evil.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
old hand
old hand
What if I'm already a fish

Optimistically Apocalyptic
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
If the game gives us the opportunity to willingly turn into an actual mind flayer later on, how many of you would take it?

I'd like to have Vecna's eye back pls...um if I become a evil monster can I use evil for good?

addict
addict
I would totally be against becoming a mind flayer because of how they are presented in the EA. They seem to be a bunch of muppets who can't even kidnap six people without everything going south. No wonder they devour intellect, they need it asap.

Never took an opportunity to change my character to something else forever in any game. Mostly based on the fact the grass always seem to be greener on the other side. And it never is in reality.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
I'd definitely become a mind flayer in at least one run. .. For subsequent runs it'd depend on what the outcome / advantages of doing so were.

As for Vampire, Astarian ruins the fun of that. Werewolf I'm assuming that would come along with being a druid Shifter. Again, if they create a companion that has that ability then that pretty much ruins the fun or uniqueness of it for me.

If I could have any choice I guess I'd like to be a Hollyphant.. Little fuzzy flying elephant.

Last edited by vyvexthorne; 22/11/20 10:23 AM.
A
Ari Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
Death, destroyer of worlds.

Probably a drider. Get all the powers of being a spider centaur thing, then ditch lolth and become a paladin with a built-in exotic mount.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Werewolf ofc

if only it won't involve banging some grandma

I want to take over Lolth's portfolio. Why settle for being a scrub?

Last edited by Moirnelithe; 22/11/20 11:21 AM.
old hand
old hand
Oh new crazy topic, I love it

But I wouldn't want to become a monster

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by virion
They seem to be a bunch of muppets who can't even kidnap six people without everything going south. No wonder they devour intellect, they need it asap.

lol!

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Oh new crazy topic, I love it

But I wouldn't want to become a monster

What if it was a sexy monster though?

Originally Posted by virion
I would totally be against becoming a mind flayer because of how they are presented in the EA. They seem to be a bunch of muppets who can't even kidnap six people without everything going south. No wonder they devour intellect, they need it asap.

Really. It's so easy to deal with the dragonriders trained to kill illithids and the forces of Nine Hells fighting for centuries in the greatest War ever seen planes.
Even I could handle it.

Hello there.
veteran
veteran
huh?.....https://youtu.be/QvNV0YYKSPw?t=233

I guess there's no way to start a video at a specific time, *sigh*

Last edited by Sozz; 22/11/20 06:31 PM.
veteran
veteran
I think playing as the 'monster' would be fun, but wouldn't becoming part of a mind-flayer hivemind preclude somewhat our ability to make choices? I guess I don't really know how autonomous Mind-Flayers are.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hmmm I prefer werewolf out of your choices because I need sun in my life. I think I would just gross myself out if I became a mindflayer. I don't half ass anything so I'd go all in which means brain food anyone who is not already dominated no mercy. Imagine a mindflayer with a fork and knife just walking around. That would be me. Gotta commit lol.

Though I would actually try Minotaur just out of curiosity. Besides that I would want to be a demigod and work my way up the divine ladder with straight fighting. The fun way of becoming divine CEO.

If anyone had a choice would anyone become a Tarrasque? Just wreck everything and just leave lol.

Last edited by Aishaddai; 22/11/20 03:36 PM.
addict
addict

You can become both. It was revealed in a now privated livestream. The truth is out there.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Vhaldez

You can become both. It was revealed in a now privated livestream. The truth is out there.

Seriously? No bs? That would be kind of awesome.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard