Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
I'd be more happy if they'd remove the creepy grimaces from MY character first. I just started a new playthrough as a good (yuk ugh vomit) goody two shoes sylune cleric and some of her facial expressions made me want to go all chaotic evil on Larian's ass.

Last edited by Moirnelithe; 22/11/20 04:02 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Moirnelithe
I'd be more happy if they'd remove the creepy grimaces from MY character first.

Need a screen please

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Originally Posted by Moirnelithe
I'd be more happy if they'd remove the creepy grimaces from MY character first.

Need a screen please

Why on earth would I want to capture that grimace and immortalize it for eternity? Just make a female half-elf and you'll know what I'm talking about, can't miss it.

ps. It's in the nautilus bit and if I remember correctly when you remove Us from the skull and it sprouts tentacles. It also gets reused throughout Act 1 w/e the main character is surprised. She looks like a giant spider jump-scared her.

Last edited by Moirnelithe; 22/11/20 04:08 PM.
E
E

I would like the game to have the ability to play an elf who helps the druids and the elf Kaga, and has the motivation to support the druids and not the tieflings as a side of the conflict. Kagha can be a reward along the way, just like Minthara in the goblin route.

To do this, Larian needs to little reduce the level of evil among these druids (At least without killing children), and do something with the creepy grimaces on Kagha's face. This could be a potentially interesting roleplaying story, now in the Grove of the Druids we are offered a choice without a choice

You can play an elf who helps both the druids and Tieflin. You can do that by exposing Kagha and rescuing Halsing. The reward is doing what you think is right. I've chosen that a couple of times. If you speak with different druids, you learn about not all druids wanting to cast tieflins outside.

Of course, if you expect to have a sexy female "as a reward", then your only option is Mintara. But think about this, why then people who aren't attracted to women would do quest? I mean, male NPCs aren't rewards as Mintara is. And as you want Kagha to be. XD

I think the point is, there are nice druids, bug Kagha isn't. She is a shadow druid like Faldorn was (neutral evil) and she is not a reward.
Right now, you have the same motivations than me to help the druids. Having Kagha as a nice girl wuo pays in sex would detract from the internal conflict in the druid grove. Since you arrive at a coup d'etat by shadow druids and her being nasty is your clue to look deeper and speak with other druids to find out what us happening.

As an experimento, I would like to see what would happen if you substituye Raphael with a really hot woman that openly offers sex as part of the deal.

But from my perspective, there is no need of having princesses Peach waiting at the end of the level. wink

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by EMC_V
But think about this, why then people who aren't attracted to women would do quest? I mean, male NPCs aren't rewards as Mintara is. And as you want Kagha to be. XD

As an experimento, I would like to see what would happen if you substituye Raphael with a really hot woman that openly offers sex as part of the deal.

Heh. I also wonder how reactions to Mizora would be different if he was a sexy naked male wrapping himself around Wyll in the promo art. And what if it was male Mizora, female Wyll?

Anyway, why do we need Kagha as a "reward" for siding with the druids? We already have Halsin! Halsin romance when?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel

Heh. I also wonder how reactions to Mizora would be different if he was a sexy male wrapping himself around Wyll in the promo art.

Why do we need Kagha as a "reward" for siding with the druids? We already have Halsin! Halsin romance when?

We have Astarion, no need for another queer. Part of the reason I make male MCs is lack of atractive male NPCs, finally some nice pixels to look at. They throw flamboyant Astarion or big boy Halsin at my feet, just meh. Gale could work but long hair and manipulative personality is a no-go flag. Oh well.

Last edited by Verte; 22/11/20 06:36 PM.
E
E
But think about this, why then people who aren't attracted to women would do quest? I mean, male NPCs aren't rewards as Mintara is. And as you want Kagha to be. XD

Heh. I also wonder how reactions to Mizora would be different if he was a sexy naked male wrapping himself around Wyll in the promo art. And what if it was male Mizora, female Wyll?

Anyway, why do we need Kagha as a "reward" for siding with the druids? We already have Halsin! Halsin romance when?

I would find the option to gender bent compsnions quite compelling. But even as "origins" we are told that it is not feasible because "voice acting". Although you might be on point, a female Wyll with a male Mizara breaks expectations. Same way a make Shadowheart would made some people uncomfortable.

Halsin as companion and potential romance would be great.

As for need of queer romances or romances with male characters, well, there is the same need as we have for heterosexual romances for males. Yet, depending who you ask, it might be something we like. It all comes down to preferences. Assuming that offering just one for others while you should have several reminds me of the Anomen fiasco. Very baldurs gate, but hardly fair. 🙄

old hand
old hand
Assuming that offering just one for others while you should have several reminds me of the Anomen fiasco.

weeps quietly

Thank goodness for modders who restored Valygar and Haer'Dalis and added other, new options. Even Anomen has his fans, though, and at least there was a male romance option, instead of nothing. Larian seems to be making an effort to put it all right and mostly succeeding. Just remember, OP - sexiness for all includes sexy men too!

E
E
Assuming that offering just one for others while you should have several reminds me of the Anomen fiasco.

weeps quietly

Thank goodness for modders who restored Valygar and Haer'Dalis and added other, new options. Even Anomen has his fans, though, and at least there was a male romance option, instead of nothing. Larian seems to be making an effort to put it all right and mostly succeeding. Just remember, OP - sexiness for all includes sexy men too!

So true, modders are gold. And options is what works better. I don't mind that companions are all "playersexual". I think that is the easier solution. Also, having the gender offering balanced. That is also what seems to work better to maximize profits, since you reach a broader market that otherwise would buy niche games.

Last edited by EMC_V; 22/11/20 07:20 PM.
old hand
old hand
Kagha can be a reward along the way, just like Minthara in the goblin route.

This is the second time I've seen you express this idea. Do you have any idea how gross this is?

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Maybe he just wants to have more representation for trophy wives in this age of representation. Or he just wants to provoke a bit. Seriously, don't take this thread seriously. It is named as a meme and probably intended as a joke.

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
old hand
OP Offline
old hand

weeps quietly

I fully support this opinion, and for gender equality!
But as a heterosexual guy who likes girls, I can't discuss men who need to be added as romantic interest, improved, and so on - I'm just not very good at male sexuality. But you can suggest!

Regarding gay romances in the game, the most important thing is that they cannot be stumbled upon by accident, only for those who are specifically looking for it. There is nothing worse if a neutral conversation with Astarion, where you chose the wrong line in the dialogues and got gay sex

Originally Posted by Firesnakearies

This is the second time I've seen you express this idea. Do you have any idea how gross this is?

We're not talking about real people, but about a computer game. Therefore, I do not see anything "gross" about this being a way to motivate the player to help the druids. One way, not the only one.
Khalsin is also a reward in some way, and deserves the same content as Kagha for those who support it.
Any characters are a prize if we help them and get from them the status of a companion, romances, new quests and content related to this character and so on. Respect from these characters in the end, so that whoever helped them would be pleased. I didn't mean just sex.
This motivates more than any artifacts, valuable drops, and so on.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
veteran
veteran

I also wonder that. I used to roll my eyes at the OP's posts but I've come to appreciate his role as the Lorax for the horny. "I am OneManArmy and I speak for the horny"

I've no desire for a Khaga romance but I'm okay with sexualized clothing *if* it's applied in a "sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander" manner. If we are going to have Mizora as a seductress lets also have Cazador as an Incubus. If the model for a given robe is cut all the way to the pelvis make that design apply regardless of gender.

Should be safe for work but the IT guy might give you a sideways glance: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/801288958691831496/

addict
addict

weeps quietly

But as a heterosexual guy who likes girls, I can't discuss men who need to be added as romantic interest, improved, and so on - I'm just not very good at male sexuality. But you can suggest!

Regarding gay romances in the game, the most important thing is that they cannot be stumbled upon by accident, only for those who are specifically looking for it. There is nothing worse if a neutral conversation with Astarion, where you chose the wrong line in the dialogues and got gay sex

We're not talking about real people, but about a computer game. Therefore, I do not see anything "gross" about this being a way to motivate the player to help the druids. One way, not the only one.
Khalsin is also a reward in some way, and deserves the same content as Kagha for those who support it.
Any characters are a prize if we help them and get from them the status of a companion, romances, new quests and content related to this character and so on. Respect from these characters in the end, so that whoever helped them would be pleased. I didn't mean just sex.

The problem with saying "It's just a video game, it's not real" is that how a medium represents relatable topics such as romances, stereotypes, equality etc is a perfect reflection of what's socially acceptable in modern society. That is why companies such as Disney no longer depicts dark hued children as piccaninnies in their new animated movies even though they used to. That's also why you find better repressentation of different sexual orientations in modern movies etc.

Promoting characters, that even though they don't exist still represents the idea of a person, as prizes is not something I can relate to. Not every character is there to please us. And they shouldn't. They are there to tell a story, their story. How our characters react and behave in accordance with that story is up to us players to decide but in no regard can we demand gratitude for helping them.

Also..."There is nothing worse if a neutral conversation with Astarion, where you chose the wrong line in the dialogues and got gay sex"? Nothing worse? You really wanna stand by that? I would claim that discovering that your character is atleast openminded to sexual experimentation is quite harmless. It might not have been how you intended to roleplay your character but come on, is some pixelated male sex really the worst thing in the world for you? After all, it's just a video game, it''s not real smile

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon

weeps quietly

Also..."There is nothing worse if a neutral conversation with Astarion, where you chose the wrong line in the dialogues and got gay sex"? Nothing worse? You really wanna stand by that? I would claim that discovering that your character is atleast openminded to sexual experimentation is quite harmless. It might not have been how you intended to roleplay your character but come on, is some pixelated male sex really the worst thing in the world for you? After all, it's just a video game, it''s not real smile

No, no, you misunderstood. I am not embarrassed by the presence of same-sex sex in the game, there are just some other games in which you have a conversation with your party member, choose some option in the dialogue trying to cheer up a friend or make a joke, and in the end you think "holy shit, what is happening, I don't wanted it ". As a result, there are scenes of same-sex love, the state of the relationship with this member of the group shows that you have an affair, and so on

In BG 3 there is no such problem, fortunately, here a romance can only be started on purpose

addict
addict
ah. ok. phew. was beginning to almost lose a little amount of respect for you there smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
What a strange times we live in.

E
E
Ok, I would try to explain the "why female characters aa rewards" is a trope that reinforces real world "women as property". But it is basically about context. This videogame would be played not just in US, it would also be played in places where women are not equal even in the law. In US there are still people complaining about women being able to vote and women face things like "I buy her a neal, so she owes me sex". So ""females as rewards" even fictional ones send the message that they are in the right. It might not be the intention, but that would be the result anyway. Path to hell, good intentions, etc.

Now, Kagha is clearly designed for a diferent role than "reward". She is meant to be harsh and dominate the grove by fear, not by being likable. We have seen plenty of male characters like Kagha and no one has asked for a sex reward by them. Because that was never the point of that character. If Kagha was male, would you ask for the character to ve turner into female so he can be a reward? No.

Right now things are more or less balanced. You hace 3 females and 3 males to romance. Changing Kagha would make her less fearsome and less interesting story wise for the people who aren't interested in "female as a reward". Not just that, but to balance things out, it would require to add a "male as a reward" un each faction. So who is supposed to be the "male reward" if you side with the goblins? The hobgoblin king? Then "we demand he look like David Bowie in labirynth". 😂

Of course, then dome people might complain about not having a fearsome enemy, but David Bowie!!! 😂 see how it works?

Don't worry, I'm sure that Larian would Introduce some cheese cake, probably brothels , and at least one good female romance. But it won't be Kagha, since she covers other role in the game: antagonist to good characters.

PS: now I kind of want a David Bowie based character 😂 damn me 😂

Last edited by EMC_V; 23/11/20 07:38 AM.

PS: now I kind of want a David Bowie based character 😂 damn me 😂

+1

old hand
old hand
Ok, I would try to explain the "why female characters aa rewards" is a trope that reinforces real world "women as property". But it is basically about context. This videogame would be played not just in US, it would also be played in places where women are not equal even in the law. In US there are still people complaining about women being able to vote and women face things like "I buy her a neal, so she owes me sex". So ""females as rewards" even fictional ones send the message that they are in the right. It might not be the intention, but that would be the result anyway. Path to hell, good intentions, etc.

Now, Kagha is clearly designed for a diferent role than "reward". She is meant to be harsh and dominate the grove by fear, not by being likable. We have seen plenty of male characters like Kagha and no one has asked for a sex reward by them. Because that was never the point of that character. If Kagha was male, would you ask for the character to ve turner into female so he can be a reward? No.

Right now things are more or less balanced. You hace 3 females and 3 males to romance. Changing Kagha would make her less fearsome and less interesting story wise for the people who aren't interested in "female as a reward". Not just that, but to balance things out, it would require to add a "male as a reward" un each faction. So who is supposed to be the "male reward" if you side with the goblins? The hobgoblin king? Then "we demand he look like David Bowie in labirynth". 😂

Of course, then dome people might complain about not having a fearsome enemy, but David Bowie!!! 😂 see how it works?

Don't worry, I'm sure that Larian would Introduce some cheese cake, probably brothels , and at least one good female romance. But it won't be Kagha, since she covers other role in the game: antagonist to good characters.

This.

Last edited by Firesnakearies; 23/11/20 08:57 AM.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard