Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 46 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 45 46
veteran
veteran
https://imgur.com/a/pMQbFmj

This waterfall looks bad.
The area is called mountain pass and its north of the goblin fortress.
The blue water is moving, but all water around it is green and it is not animated.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
veteran
veteran
https://imgur.com/a/f45PAeg

I found a gold chain in the underdark near the beach.
While it looks golden it is called silver chain and it has the same prize as the other silver chains.
The 2 items I have marked are normal silver chains, as comparison.

Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
veteran
veteran
https://imgur.com/a/rRgHnPK

I could not reproduce it, but sometimes the weight limit is hidden under a summon or status effects of a char.
When I closed the inventory and opened it again I could see all numbers.

D
stranger
stranger
D
In attempting to choose feats, I tried to give my Astarion Thief the 'Magic Adept: Warlock' feat. I selected two cantrips, and a warlock spell but when I press 'Accept' nothing happens.
The same happens with the other Magic Adept feats (wizard and cleric) as well.

Why do some light armor impose disadvantage on stealth?

veteran
veteran
When loading the game while being in the camp at daytime, Gale said something like " I We have the iron flask. This might be useful. I " as text over his head.

- I play in german. The text appeared with a I before and after those words
- I have not opened the box I found in the cave with the goblins. He cannot know whats inside.

veteran
veteran
There is the quest to forge a weapon with materials from a tree from the underdark.
You should be able to create a dagger, greatsword or sicle.
Dagger and greatsword worked, but not sicle. Only sicles I have found were the ones from the red caps with 2d4 damage.

veteran
veteran
https://imgur.com/a/g3wIx4i

After killing the goblins and returning to the grove I have a party at my camp.
When Volo tells his poem and I play in german, the upper part of the text is missing.

F
stranger
stranger
F
I am running the game at 1920X1080 with an Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 (3 MB) running the 457.30 driver in DirectX 11 mode. I am on a Gigabyte Aorus I Pro Wifi motherboard running 16 gigs of Corsair memory and BIOS revision F30. I am running an AMD Ryzen 7 2700X. I am running version 4.1.85.5707 of BG3. A relatively new motherboard with lower end graphics.

Game launch issue - The game autosaved a crash while using Vulcan. Therefore, I forced the game to use DirectX 11. However, I believe the issues related to Vulcan come from programming code not being fully tested before release. I bypassed the Vulcan issue by loading another save point. My machine typically runs for about 3 weeks straight without reboot. The machine does not have issues with ANY other application except the BG3 beta. I am running multiple applications, games, web browsers and utilities without issue.

Game responsiveness - During the initial load sequence the game is hesitating often while accessing drives. I have a fairly responsive WD SSD that does load within the first 30 seconds. However, load times need to be improved (if possible) for anyone using a standard HD or SSD in my opinion. Removing the clipped sequences and making the entire game world appear smooth would go a long way to making sure customers aren't wondering if the game is going to load properly.

In Game issues - Speech animations - During a conversation when a character should have their jaw moving, no type of indication they are conversing properly is occurring. Conversations can be heard! I understand that psionics might be in use for some conversations. However, this repeated problem is occurring for many animated sequences not related to psionic abilities. Hopefully, these animated sequences are synched with the sounds being projected.

Recommended settings - Graphics settings can make or break the game. I noticed that most of the settings are maxxed out with either Vulkan or DirectX 11 selected. Is there a better solution for this situation? I am not running an RTX card, but see most of my settings at the highest level. I assume this was done to equate with higher graphics settings. It would help if either there was a recommended level based on the video card OR some type of utility that can provide ideal settings to match the card. Sitting motionless on screen gives me 42 FPS running Vulkan. I assume that we'd like to have more than 60 FPS most of the time. What is the recommended level of frame rate vs. display real estate? We watch TV around 30 FPS, therefore, I assume we want to see at least that much. 42 FPS seems extremely low if we realize things will get much worse once the characters on screen start moving with objects nearby.

Also, forcing users to turn down graphics seems converse to most games. Most games I have encountered, allow the end user to move graphics settings upward not downward. By forcing users to move graphics downward, the end user might have some extremely difficult settings to administer to try and make the game stable. I guarantee customers will get irate about this inconvenient setup.

Animated sequencing - Some animated sequences are not smooth. Speaking with Gandrel made me think he had a special issue from the constant head tossing. Refining each conversation will help make the end product easier to absorb and make the play experience sought after by consumers.

Objects - using Vulkan, some objects are refracting incorrectly (or not being drawn correctly). For example, when examining an embedded ruby on the character's armor (Lae'zel), the constant blinking is enough to make anyone with epilepsy have a serious issue. The blinking needs to be fixed asap.

Game World - The opening video for the game focuses on the Nautiloid (for anyone questioning this, look up Spelljammer made by TSR and you'll find out more). While I don't mind dragons in pursuit of the Nautiloid, was any thought given to using another Spelljamming vessel to pursue the Nautiloid? Such a fantastic video seems like it was truncated to remove the Spelljamming reference by bringing in the dragons. Does BG3 refer to AD&D version 2 (when Spelljammer was release to the public for purchase) or D&D 5th edition? Was there ever a thought about incorporating ship to ship combat (in the phlogiston)?

Most of these issues were probably seen in Divinity and other products Larian has created. However, the full release of BG3 is yet to come. I am hoping that these major issues are worked out of the end product and make an enjoyable solution for all customers including me. I do hope that Larian will consider the last thing I mentioned. Ship to ship could provide a game segment that could be exquisite if it is done properly (and not overly emphasized).

veteran
veteran
https://imgur.com/a/QtTXP65

The tea house quest does not finish. (plus one entry is not translated)

- I talked with her in the grove.
- I met her on the way to the swamp and killed the 2 man.
- I dispelled the illusion that the swamp looks nice.
- I killed the red caps.
- I refused her help, she turned into a hag and ran away.
- I killed the masked guys
- I killed the hag by sending my rangers spider down repeatedly. My party was not near the hag when she died. The girl in the cage died during the battle.
It could be possible that no one was around when she died. When my spider triggered combat with the hag, I believe my spider died when the girl was alive but the cage was burning.
When the next spider came the cage was empty. I found the amulet of the girl but not her body.
- The quest log asks me to talk to the girl and see if she is well, but I am sure she fell when the cage continued to burn. (not sure, but I guess she is supposed to die if you do not interact with the cage).
- After that I used an item I found in the hag hideout to reanimate the corpse of the girls father, but I had to kill his zombie.

veteran
veteran
https://imgur.com/a/wGYTOWQ

The german description for the overloaded status.
There need to be a . and a space between the words.

veteran
veteran
The status "suffocating" and its description are not translated to german.

PS: Thanks for making a status effect when walking into a burning building.

veteran
veteran
https://imgur.com/a/Xrqmzot

Character creation in german: Are they hill dwarvs or gold dwarvs?
For all other races the names look consistent.

stranger
stranger
Don't have time to look so I'm posting my bugs here.

1. party members do not always follow the selected leader (IE) they stand still once the leader moves.

2. in the under dark most of the time I can not climb (up or down) the rope ladders or rocks but selecting another character allows climbing while the previous selected character remains motionless.

3. in the ruined tower can not hide and take out the arcane turrets so I can not complete the mushroom quest.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Several Odities in the Nadira Bugbear Event
1. as mentioned by others, the Conversaton Bug. After successful saving him from the assassin , the Conversation repeates itself.
2. Nadira KI during fight seems buggy. At the start of the Event he flees on the rocks or behind the Party (so far ok) but at combat round 2 he has a change of mind to suicide mode and tries to attack the assassin which usualy gets him killed imedeately.
3. combat mechanics seem to bug out., especialy "to hit" at the start of the event it seems normal, but if you get closer to the assassin, the to hit chance reduces and if he gets proned it reduces even more which stays the same even after he manages to get up. It can get as low as 30 % even standing a few feet away from him.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Here are some general issues that I found out so far.

Casting two spells per turn:
If you cast two spells during the same turn (i.e. one on the action and one on the bonus action), according to PHB, at least one of them has to be a cantrip. It is not possible to cast two leveled spells on the same turn unless special rules apply.

Attunement: During the game, a lot of items can be found that give special advantages like free extra spells. These items can be swapped among characters so that all of them can use those extra spells. But normally these items require attunement during a short rest before they can be used. Furthermore, there is a limit of how many items can be attuned at once.

Eldritch Invocations: Just like spells, Warlocks can swap Eldritch Invocations for another if they level up. However, switching Invocations during level up is not possible as I experienced. You can only choose two invocations when yu reach level 2 and that's it.

Inventory: You can very easily switch items among characters, even if they stand very far away from each other or during fight. Normally this requires the two characters to stand in adjacent spaces and a bonus action during combat.

Dodge action: There is no possibility to take a dodge action to give the enemy a disanvantage on attacks. Very crucial for cast empty wizards and sorcerers.

Resting: The party can only make one short rest and then has to take a long rest. According to PHB, there can only be one long rest per day, but there is no limitation to short rests. There should really be more opportunities to make a short rest.

There might be more issues but those are the ones I immediately noticed.

Last edited by nikioko; 29/11/20 10:59 PM.
N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by Madscientist
https://imgur.com/a/Xrqmzot

Character creation in german: Are they hill dwarvs or gold dwarvs?
For all other races the names look consistent.

Gold dwarves. Also known as Hill Dwarves. The two names are interchangeable, but Gold Dwarf is the usual terminology.
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Gold_dwarf

Last edited by nikioko; 29/11/20 10:54 PM.
stranger
stranger
TL;DR: In Patch 3 backpacks/pouches can only be filled up to their initial 20 slots and can't hold more stuff. The slider doesn't work!

Not sure if this is a bug or actually intended but here goes. During my previous playthrough I always picked up extra backpacks/pouches that I found along the way and stuffed those with items I planned on selling to a vendor or to have them in my regular inventory so I could keep potions or scrolls in one tidy slot (I especially loved pouches for my wizard!!). That was a very convenient way to keep my inventory free of clutter and you could even sell the entire bag with contents directly to a vendor. smile

However, now that I started a new game with Patch 3 it seems that something happened with the backpacks as I can no longer fill them up. I can put items in the 20 visible slots but I can't put any more items in. The little slider on the right doesn't work and won't let me pull it down to make more slots available (see image).

[Linked Image]

I really hope this is just a bug and not something that Larian intended as I was really fond of putting all my vendor items in backpacks as well as carry my extra scrolls/potions/keys in pouches. Now it seems you can only use the 20 available slots and no more. frown

journeyman
journeyman
There's a persistent bug still in Patch 3: if you try to move around enemies before attacking them (while staying in their zone of control), you can lose all your movement and actions without any apparent reason.

Edit: Actually, none of my characters can take actions any longer. I'm still in the ship tutorial part. Seems like I'll have to wait for a hotfix and start again. All I can do is keep skipping my turns, because nobody has any movement or actions.

Last edited by Mythago; 03/12/20 07:42 AM.
stranger
stranger
Launcher opens up and immediately crashes since patch

Last edited by Authion; 04/12/20 12:28 AM.

To Be Forgotten Is Worse Than Death
S
stranger
stranger
S
My game does not open at all. The launcher window pops up for half a second and then the game closes itself completly. This started happening after I updated to patch 3. No one seems to know why this is happening nad I've tried looking for corrupted files and even reinstalled the game, still nothing. I don't know if this is the place to post this but I just want to play and don't know where else to look for help with this issue.

Page 28 of 46 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard