Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
EMC_V Offline OP
OP Offline
E
This is just for fun. While I'm Ok with the companions so far, I think it might be fun to talk about the NPCs we would like as companions (not necesarily as origins, just companions).

I'll start with Halsin. A druid that can turn into a bear sounds like fun. Also, I like his backstory. Since he joins the camp, it won't be so complicated for him to join you. Also, having a divine spellcaster, would offer an alternative to Shadowheart.

I also like Karlach, which is lucky, since it seems she might be a companion in the future. I hope she is an explorer or something similar, since having another character with hide skill would offer an alternative to Astarion in case we need/want that. Alternatively, a paladin or barbarian could work as an alternative to laezel.

While I like Mintara as it is (not joinable) and don't care much for the zentarim. I guess they could work. I do see potential on the guy we rescue from the fire, the drows turned into stone in the underdark, one of Ethel's victims if saved, one of the tieflins refugees (people seem to like the bard, but I would probably like better zorru, for the tension with Laezel). I guess even the gnome you rescue in the windmill could become a companion.

So, who would want people see as companions?

N
old hand
old hand
N
I would have liked to have Bernard as a companion. Not only because I am very found of Westworld but also because as warforged seem to be a thing in the game, a construct companion like him would have been great. I am very intrigued about his mistress, the cleric of Mystra. I would have liked to know what he has to say about her.

And also, the tiefling bard. If they could have had her composing different songs along the way, it would have been a joy to listen to her at camp sometimes.

Last edited by Nyanko; 22/11/20 11:56 AM.
The monster hunter. Can you imagine him and Astarion in the same party? I'd have to buy bags of popcorn for all the drama.

old hand
old hand
I always kill that fake-ass Geralt.

Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
I always kill that fake-ass Geralt.

HAHAHAHAHAHA, I too think of Geralt all the time when I encounter him.

So the Gur are the cheap Witchers for the poor versions of this universe. ^^
But for some reason he has amazing stats when you think about it.
Alltho that is probably only to give him a slightly better struggle against 4 playercharacters.

journeyman
journeyman
Im not gerring tired of expressing my wishes for Anders as a companion as an alternative to Karlach.
His backstory doesnt just seem more interesing, he is actually a really nice guy which is kind of fresh air compared to another female edgy grumpy cat.

And of course Halsin and Minthara depending on the path you cjoose!

Last edited by Maldurin; 22/11/20 02:52 PM.
veteran
veteran
I want to travel the world with Omeluum, Dror Ragzlin, and Sazza. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 22/11/20 03:18 PM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
old hand
old hand
Omelumm was pretty awesome, and hey, we can feed him the brains of our enemies! We already have Astarion sucking them dry and Gale nomming their magical items. Omi (don't tell him I called him that) would fit right in.

And Halsin, of course. Do want.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by EMC_V
I also like Karlach, which is lucky, since it seems she might be a companion in the future.

That's the first thing I thought when I listened to her story. Champion of Zariel, hunted down by her and the forces of hell. She will fit right in.

Banned
Banned
Halsin feels a little overpowered as is he currently.
We can thank the whole Archdruid thing for that.

Its not on the level of getting Elminster as a comrade but I bet "Elly" too is not a normal Wizard anymore. Being the chosen one of Mystra & all.
And this whole "Arch" thing feels like lvl.8 at least.
Not that I am that familiar with any D&D traditions.

But for a bunch of "Mary Sue's in the making" our group feels pretty weak.
° A weak Vampire.
° A mediocre "Superwizard" with a super need for fuel
° A well known Hero of Frontiers who is also kinda like the others
° A wierd Yautja, eh I mean, Githyanki
° And the Queen of Sass & Cleric of the Goddess Edge

But more or less they all seem to be kind of special snowflakes.
Until a random Arch-something comes around the corner.
Then they are back to being just mediocre Adventurers. wink

Either the "NPC's" need to be nerfed, or we need to be buffed.
I recommend the first option then.

€dit:

Generally I believe we cannot have any more cooler Companions so easily.
It feels like the whole Tadpol thing is the condition for being part of the Crew.
Similar to how in DivinityOriginalSimp2 everyone shared the Fort-Joy background.

If you are not escaping from Jailtown together, you cannot end the game together?
But if I have too choose...

• ° Minthara - in Act.2 onwards preferably, again as a Lolth Cleric
    ° The Lich - our "rezz-guy" we find in the Crypt, as a Necromancer. ( God damn the crypt was cool!! )
    ° The "Tiefling Bard" Woman near the place where we encountered the Harpies. The one we help to finish her song.

° A Duergar maybe or the Dwarf that can be unpetrified when you slay Ethel, or use that one potion (probably).
    ° The Owlbear ( lol, just kidding )
    ° The Construct "Butler" in the Tower in the Underdark - or maybe a Spell to summon him temporarily. If he is destroyed, he must be repaired before he can be summoned again.

Last edited by JustAnotherBaldu; 22/11/20 07:30 PM.
veteran
veteran
Lia, one of the three Tieflings that you can try to convince to remain in the grove to protect others. The one that keeps chastising her wizard friend for wanting to high tail it to Baldur's Gate. Good voice acting.

She could be a good substitute for Mazzy. Disdainful of selfishness, driven to help others.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Mama Owlbear or her cub, a new mabari in the party slot.

E
EMC_V Offline OP
OP Offline
E
I really like some of the ideas. The Bernard option is great, who can say no to a killing machine in the group? Also, I really like Eberron setting. I hope someday we have a game set on Shar ^_^

Omellum would certainly be something. Although to follow on the logic, you would also need a gnoll to have some use for the rest of the flesh. hahaha

And the owlbear or any other pet is always a winner. I love the dog in shadowrun game. Or any other game that allows you to have a dog as a companion. And there was that spirit bear in neverwinter that also was quite fun to have around.

And Lia really seem to have potential to become a companion. Which class do you think she has?

As for Halsin being overpowered, mechanic wise, doesn't have to be. After all, he was captured by goblins and we do already have companions with epic background but still start at level 1. So it is just a matter to make him the same level as your character. No big deal.

veteran
veteran
Lia's bow tells me she's a ranger but since we already have ranger on the horizon I'm thinking a paladin -- goes along with the passion we hear in her voice.

stranger
stranger
Yes I love Omeluum! I also think Abdirak, Lump, Ethel and any of the myconids are really interesting characters that I'd love to see as companions or at least as more involved characters in the full game.

What is the colour of night? Sanguine, my brothers and sisters.
E
EMC_V Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Abdirak would be a great addition. I think he would work well as an evil priest. The only problem is that the role seems taken. But is an interesting character.

As for Lia, while dexterity paladins are rare, they are not unknown. I liked Keldorn as a paladin and it would be nice to have one as companion.

old hand
old hand
We Demand More Sexy Owlbear Companion

E
EMC_V Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
We Demand More Sexy Owlbear Companion

They kind of tease with that. I mean, why else the egg and the cub if they aren't going to give you a grown up owlbear?

Owlbear for the win 😇

old hand
old hand
My ranger demands the owlbear cub as an animal companion. All other options pale in comparison.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Well, current companions clearly lacks cuteness, need a good girl, without horns, maybe a little chaotic one. Sorcerer will be perfect.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard