Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
journeyman
journeyman
Normally I'd say HELL YES for a vampire spawn... but this game gives me exactly the very character I would create by myself so no thank you laugh

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
I'm still going to push for a playable (non-Astarion) vampire spawn/half-vampire. However, I'd like to start in that state rather than have to change part-way through the game.

old hand
old hand
What about becoming a Frankenmonster? Or a golem?

Optimistically Apocalyptic
addict
addict
A vampiric illithilich, obviously.

In general, it would be awesome to be able to become a lich through some difficult, obscure means and a lengthy wizard quest. But I suppose it would be better suited for a sequel/expansion with higher levels, so we don't have the "level 8 lich" dissonance. (CR 21, so would be a difficult encounter even for a party of level 20 practically-demigods.)

I'm going to agree with Sadurian: custom vampire spawn would be cool. I'm not a fan of Astarion, but the mechanics seem interesting (invitation, avoiding water). Also personal quest of killing the master for promotion to full vampire. Aaand I'd love to play a race that is not normally seen as vampires: picture vampire halfling, dwarf, dragonborn or half-orc.

I'd also like to be able to play as a wererat. Wererat + illithid tadpole = were-cranium-rat.

Or a werewolf tabaxi. Would confuse the hell out of everyone. (Werecat tabaxi might be even more confusing, though.)

I like the idea with the Hand and Eye of Vecna. I'd love it if the game gave us some cursed alignment-related items and actually restricted dialogue options if we "use" Vecna's remains or items like Helmet of Opposite Alignment. (Though I suppose that's not likely given WotC's current alignment policy...)

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Originally Posted by Uncle Lester
Or a werewolf tabaxi. Would confuse the hell out of everyone. (Werecat tabaxi might be even more confusing, though.)

In our tabletop game, a tabaxi character was infected by a were-tiger. We have still to find out exactly how that is going to manifest.

Also infected was a triton (a sort of fish-man). We await that transformation with interest as well.

addict
addict
I am actually quite happy to play as a human.

Were-creatures have a human aspect, so I might consider playing a were-squirrel, something like Sandy Cheeks but a little bit more menacing. I will crack your nuts, evil!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Argyle
I am actually quite happy to play as a human.

Were-creatures have a human aspect, so I might consider playing a were-squirrel, something like Sandy Cheeks but a little bit more menacing. I will crack your nuts, evil!

A cultist of Great Acorn apocalypse?

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
illithilich

What a great word. As soon as I saw it, though, my brain started singing it to the tune of this song. And I'll be darned if I'm the only one.

...so, you know, maybe that's the sort of monster I should become. Some sort of word-substitution earwig thing.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Grim Hollow might be a nice addition since it has stuff like this. I heard it was interesting, but I don't know much about it.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Sadurian

In our tabletop game, a tabaxi character was infected by a were-tiger. We have still to find out exactly how that is going to manifest.

Also infected was a triton (a sort of fish-man). We await that transformation with interest as well.

Ahaha, that's awesome. Is the tabaxi striped? Maybe it's going to be "you've become... bulky and striped".

The triton should turn into a tiger shark.

Originally Posted by TheOtherTed
illithilich

What a great word. As soon as I saw it, though, my brain started singing it to the tune of this song. And I'll be darned if I'm the only one.

...so, you know, maybe that's the sort of monster I should become. Some sort of word-substitution earwig thing.

Oh no. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies

WHAT MONSTER DO YOU WANT TO BECOME?

If I want to play as monster, I will pick “human” as my race.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I haven't even tested the Illithid powers in EA where my saved game is ultimately doomed and nothing really matters. So hard no on the first question, as to the second. . .

I am old enough to have some Get of Fenris love. I would prefer to play variant human to the end, but I could be persuaded to get down with the lycanthropy

Originally Posted by Wormerine

Clever. However, the most evil of all the humans is their spawn. They never stop. They never tire. And they devour...everything. Kind of like gremlins, but without the cute factor. badsmile

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Ghost King

Clever. However, the most evil of all the humans is their spawn. They never stop. They never tire. And they devour...everything. Kind of like gremlins, but without the cute factor. badsmile

The noise!

addict
addict
If by becoming an Illithid you mean becoming the Adversary, a Mind Flayer who retains the mind and soul of the person they were before and is prophesized to bring ruin to the Mind Flayers, I'd be 100% for that.

I actually think that might be this game's endgame if you choose to abuse your tadpole enough. Sort of like embracing being a Bhaalspawn in the original games. Eventually you become a Mind Flayer with command over your own destiny.

Aside from that I'd also love to play as a werewolf. Not super keen on vampires but a werewolf I would 100% play as if the option was there.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Oh new crazy topic, I love it

But I wouldn't want to become a monster

What if it was a sexy monster though?

Elven woman, game designer already made her a monster.
Some people say it is even in the character creation editor. (female half-elf)

A sexy monster?
[Linked Image]

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
enthusiast
enthusiast
Now I want to become OneManArmy and crush everybody with paintings of Kagha. I will one shot Minthara ;>

N
old hand
old hand
N
Werewolf plz

addict
addict

*falls out of gamer chair*

Last edited by alice_ashpool; 23/11/20 01:00 AM.
old hand
old hand

In general, it would be awesome to be able to become a lich through some difficult, obscure means and a lengthy wizard quest. But I suppose it would be better suited for a sequel/expansion with higher levels, so we don't have the "level 8 lich" dissonance. (CR 21, so would be a difficult encounter even for a party of level 20 practically-demigods.)

Lich would be awesome.

Originally Posted by SaurianDruid
If by becoming an Illithid you mean becoming the Adversary, a Mind Flayer who retains the mind and soul of the person they were before and is prophesized to bring ruin to the Mind Flayers, I'd be 100% for that.

This could be fun too.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard