Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
The top few on this list are pretty funny.

I wanna be a Spiderhorse. (Just kidding. That would be awful. .. Please don't make me play as a Spiderhorse.)

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by vyvexthorne

I wanna be a Spiderhorse. (Just kidding. That would be awful. .. Please don't make me play as a Spiderhorse.)

Wow, those are horrible.

oh no, I am become all monsters!

veteran
veteran
If we do go to avernus I want to try Stench Kow cheese.

addict
addict
Ho, that list is terrific! "Death Linen", hee hee. What are that chances of one of those showing up in BG III? But it does remind me of this old pillow I have, stuffed between the bottom corner of my bed and the wall. I could have sworn I threw it out last year, but yet here it is. This pillow is really kind of ugly and lumpy, and I never use it for anything. I should just get rid of the thing. Let me just flop down and reach for it ... mmmph!

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
It's all fun and games until the DEATH LINEN strikes.

old hand
old hand
Can a monster be a hybrid?
Half vampire, half werewolf

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

Sure, go nuts.

addict
addict

Wow. I read the whole list and went from "this is gold" to "seems the author of the list is the one who struggles with more entries". Mimics, drow, modrons, flumphs, atropals? Worst D&D monsters? Please.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Uncle Lester

Wow. I read the whole list and went from "this is gold" to "seems the author of the list is the one who struggles with more entries". Mimics, drow, modrons, flumphs, atropals? Worst D&D monsters? Please.

Hold up. Are you saying you like flumphs?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies

Hold up. Are you saying you like flumphs?

...I admit I've had little experience with flumphs, but they never struck me as "bad D&D monster".

(My knowledge on flumphs comes from the wikia and D&D stories. I've never actually played tabletop D&D. I'm a fraud.)

old hand
OP Offline
old hand

These things...

[Linked Image]

Nope.

[Linked Image]

addict
addict
Fleshy jellyfish pancake spaghetti monsters!

And so we are back on topic.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T

Gotta respect the Duck Bunny, though.

As for Mimics, they inspired my interest in ecology through one simple question - how many greedy, clueless adventurers would there have to be to keep the species alive and reproducing?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

Sure, go nuts.

I tried to find an image of this to make a meme earlier, but surprisingly enough the internet seems to be very lacking in convincing vampwolf pictures frown

Originally Posted by TheOtherTed

Gotta respect the Duck Bunny, though.

As for Mimics, they inspired my interest in ecology through one simple question - how many greedy, clueless adventurers would there have to be to keep the species alive and reproducing?

Maybe mimics actually sustain themselves through the paranoid energy of adventurers who are terrified that anything in their daily life may be a mimic.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
stranger
stranger
Flying spaghetti monster. Any fellow pastafarians out there?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Aria Athena
Flying spaghetti monster. Any fellow pastafarians out there?

Huh, apparently Pastafarianism is recognized by many as an official religion! It looks heavily based on sarcasm in the Greek tradition, and I approve of their support for the International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Aargh. And if you dig a little deeper into the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and get past the cute teddy bear-like representations, you eventually might see a strong connection to Lovecraft's Azathoth. Nothing is as it seems within the Mistshadow of our perceived reality. Aargh.

journeyman
journeyman

WHAT MONSTER DO YOU WANT TO BECOME?

Human.

Beside that, the Church of Cthulhu seems quite appropriate.

Last edited by Grantig; 23/11/20 04:21 PM.

The site is Ranker so Just clicky the little arrows to vote your monsters up and down.. don't need to sign up or anything.. I was also incredibly surprised to see Drow there as it never even occurred to me that there would be real world racial issues associated with fantasy characters.

Last edited by vyvexthorne; 23/11/20 05:19 PM.
O
OcO Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
O
According to the lore vids I watched while waiting for EA release, Mindflayers have a kinda prophecy about a ceremorphisis that goes wrong and creates an independent Mindflayer with the memories and thoughts of its original host.
I would totally do an evil play through if it culminated in the tadpole and player agreeing to coop the process and become their own thing...a Mindflayer that still possesses the soul of its host.

addict
addict
The old AD&D "Vault of the Drow" module describes them as dark-skinned yes, but also with white/silver hair and orange-yellow or sometimes violet eyes. Their ears are also large and pointy. I have never met a human with these characteristics, but if I do ever see one, I will think it very cool. Heck, with all the custom color (colour) contact lens and hair dye stuff we have today, this could be the start of the next big thing in human fashion.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard