Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
So I've played Baldur's Gate 3 a few times now and have a few characters, and what I've come to realize would be nice is a character selection interface in the main menu. I suggest this because I'm the type to have multiple playthroughs going all at once when I play these types of roleplaying games (I did the same in Divinity: Original Sin), so it would make it a lot easier to find the playthrough I would like to play today if I could select a character in the main menu, rather than have to scroll through all my save files in the "load game" menu. I'm thinking like the character selection menu BioWare did in Dragon Age Inquisition.

I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks like that? I couldn't find a thread with this suggestion after all.

old hand
old hand
profiles

old hand
old hand
I haven't played DA: Inquisition but yes, something like that would be great. They need to group saves by character/play through. PF: Kingmaker has a very neat foldering UI for their load menu and DA:O, which I am replaying right now, also has function like this in how you can switch between characters in the load menu.

It would make old save games much easier to find and improve the user experience so much.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
addict
addict
I think that's exactly what profiles are made for. I haven't tried, as I was happy to have all my characters and their saves in the same profile. But I'd bet this feature is already present.

old hand
old hand
I haven't tried it either. But profiles as a term is something is associate with changing players, not changing characters, so I wouldn't had checked that out under that name.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
R
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
But profiles are more for different players, no?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Rosebuddies
But profiles are more for different players, no?

Doesn't mean you couldn't use them another way.

R
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Feels a bit cumbersome maybe? Especially if several family members use the computer.

R
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
And I'm assuming you can't just delete a profile as easily as you could save folders.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Dexai
I haven't tried it either. But profiles as a term is something is associate with changing players, not changing characters, so I wouldn't had checked that out under that name.

This.

It functions as a workaround, but it's not intuitive and also includes unnecessary extra steps for the player, trivial as they may seem. Kingmaker's system was better.

veteran
veteran
I would also like to see character specific saves ... and option to change characters whenever i want ...

Profiles could be usefull ...
But then you need to go to menu when you wish to switch between characters. :-/
There is no way to simply load "someone else" saves when you get tired of one character, and wish to try another. :-/

Since this feature was allready present in games so old as KotOR 1, Mass Effect 1, or Dragon Age: Origins ...
I would dare to presume that we have the technology. :-/

//edit:
Also i didnt check yet, but i dare to presume that every new profile will get default settings ...
Dunno about you, but i dont quite enjoy the idea of go through whole settings for every single new character. :-/

Originally Posted by Rosebuddies
And I'm assuming you can't just delete a profile as easily as you could save folders.

Nope ... it takes simply two clicks ... one for little "x" icon, and second to confrimation button, simmilar to deleting save file, but in this case you will delete all your save files. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 24/11/20 10:46 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
K
stranger
stranger
K
In main game menu there needs to be something that says which profile you are on with out having to click the button to change profiles. ty

Link Copied to Clipboard