Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
After playing dnd for many years and as you are hopefully aware divinity for many too I can honestly say your rolls in this game are a lower chance than reality itself Larian, I have reloaded the Abdirak scene out of curiosity for what must be over a hundred times and every time it fails on religion or rolls, this does not happen in the real game itself after many play throughs on the same game as we have in the past. Can I ask if it is truly down to random fate or you have loaded the die? Or shall we just wait until some clever person organises a die cheat mod in order to actually see all outcomes of the game itself as I honestly fail more times than in a real game? I'm not angry just very discouraged by the random chance generation.

We have a saying amongst PC users, Look after your PC ,and That's what I've done and I've maintained it for 20 years, this old PC has had 17 new Cards and 14 new Boards in it's time and it's still the same PC
D
stranger
stranger
D
I had no problems with Abdirak rolls (religion passed every time and 2 out of 3 rolls on average and he was happy with me), tried it 3 itmes, so this one is not bugged for everyone

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Glad it worked out for you, on another run it took me four attempts but chipes I had bad luck on that run

We have a saying amongst PC users, Look after your PC ,and That's what I've done and I've maintained it for 20 years, this old PC has had 17 new Cards and 14 new Boards in it's time and it's still the same PC
As for that mod... Just have shadow heart cast her special area-effect stealth spell (don't remember the name... but it makes a circle around her that follows her and effects anyone nearby). Instead of granting those nearby +10 to stealth, it grants an additional +10 prof to Dex, Int and Wis checks. It doesn't effect STR or CON checks, but pretty much everything else. Obviously a bug, but I have been using it to "force the impossible" for a while now. And it is possible others who don't know it is bugged think the game is SOOO EASY and never have issues because... +10 prof to everything all the time will do that.

stranger
stranger
Dude the dice rolling algorithm this game is currently using is a dumpster fire! It is a big deal breaker for me if it is not addressed by release. My NPC’s and I rarely roll above 8 and the monsters hardly ever roll below 12! I’ve already rolled more 1’s in the week and a half I’ve been playing this game than I have in real life ...and I’ve been playing since 1980! If I owned real world die that rolled this badly I would melt them down and make a coaster outta them! This is unacceptable!

Link Copied to Clipboard