Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 25 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 24 25
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
A pixie. Plain and simple. I'd rather play one, but I will settle for camp follower or 2nd/3rd act companion. Purely so they can be modded later.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Lethan
A pixie. Plain and simple. I'd rather play one, but I will settle for camp follower or 2nd/3rd act companion. Purely so they can be modded later.

As a fan of the concept of Paul Kidd's Justicar and Escalla characters, I'm all for this.

An elf that actually behaves like an elf and represent all of the more alien and ethereal aspect of their race. For the class, I am thinking a ranger.

Astarion is a lot of fun, but he offers zero elven input into the game, he could perfectly be a human and nothing about his personality or dialogue lines would have to be changed, from a narrative point of view. He is more human vampire, and vampire in general, than elf in any way.

A lawful good paladin, of course, maybe youthful and newly ordained to make it more quirky and fun, I am thinking a pseudo-Alistair kind of character. Could also be a fighter.

A jokester, chaotic-good do-gooder, always lighting up the mood and looking after the others. Could be a bard, or even a cleric of some lesser popular and used deity, like... I don't know, Lurue.

And most importantly and whatever it is, something humble and relatable, enough with the super extraordinary backgrounds.

Last edited by Goldberry; 22/11/20 02:54 AM.
I want to make my own companions so they actually make sense to me playing them.. Halfling Bard or Warlock, Gnome Sorcerer/Wizard, Dwarven Fighter or Paladin etc..

None of this human, elf stuff.. its just too generic..

Gale is painful to deal with his death crap and his eating all the magic items
Lae'zel is a bitch
Shadowheart is so emo and edgy i want to throw her off a cliff..
Wyll is just so generic and useless as a warlock
Astarion is a pompous asshole, antagonistic and is begging to be killed right off the bat...

What a fine bunch of companions i'm laboured with.. such fun, such hostility, much wow..

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
In some early news about the game, I heard that it would be possible to have custom mercenaries in the party. How do you feel about this? For me this is not a very good option, since they will not have a backstory and quests, they will not be full-fledged companions

I'd love that, i have no interest in their backstories just let me make my own group, like Solasta.

Last edited by DanteYoda; 22/11/20 08:01 AM.
old hand
old hand
Hot female Aasimar with large breasts.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Omegaphallic

I find this funny smile

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Omegaphallic

Glowing boobs for the win

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
I want a companion who doesnt instantly make me want to leave when I enter dialogue.

And someone who is actually chill with the current situation "it is what it is" vibes! I'm darn sick of being the only person who isnt a kill joy.

I also want a goat.

Last edited by A Clown; 24/11/20 06:55 PM.
veteran
veteran
I assume you are running with the "Was a goat for 10 years" mod? IMO the game is unplayable without it:

https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/121

Dez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Wow, you guys have some great ideas overall :o I hope Larian is taking notes! laugh

Originally Posted by Goldberry
An elf that actually behaves like an elf and represent all of the more alien and ethereal aspect of their race. For the class, I am thinking a ranger.

Astarion is a lot of fun, but he offers zero elven input into the game, he could perfectly be a human and nothing about his personality or dialogue lines would have to be changed, from a narrative point of view. He is more human vampire, and vampire in general, than elf in any way.

A lawful good paladin, of course, maybe youthful and newly ordained to make it more quirky and fun, I am thinking a pseudo-Alistair kind of character. Could also be a fighter.

A jokester, chaotic-good do-gooder, always lighting up the mood and looking after the others. Could be a bard, or even a cleric of some lesser popular and used deity, like... I don't know, Lurue.

And most importantly and whatever it is, something humble and relatable, enough with the super extraordinary backgrounds.

Absolutely agree with the first one!

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
I assume you are running with the "Was a goat for 10 years" mod? IMO the game is unplayable without it:

https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/121

This by far is the best mod ever! Though I was not referring to that I think it fitting for my PC to have a goat companion.

I'm just sick of humanoid, talking, "I'll only like you if you do this for me" companions

All I want to do is go about my adventures in my silly jester outfit with a animal friend.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Dez
Wow, you guys have some great ideas overall :o I hope Larian is taking notes! laugh

Originally Posted by Goldberry

Absolutely agree with the first one!

An elf-like elf. Yes, please. And some elven related banter with Shadowheart who seems 110% human as a half-elf.

Lae'zel also often seems like an angry human with face paint. So a timeless ethereal elf who actually feels non-human and otherworldly would be great. I'm glad Lae'zel at least speaks gith sometimes and not just her perfect english.

Last edited by 1varangian; 24/11/20 07:36 PM.
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Someone that's genuinely likeable and easy to get along with would be great. Also some odd races like Tabaxi, Lizardfolk, etc.

I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by TrollishMcTroll
Someone that's genuinely likeable and easy to get along with would be great. Also some odd races like Tabaxi, Lizardfolk, etc.

Problem with odd races is that Larian can't do the expected romances with sex at the end which sadly seems to have become the standard in RPG the industry.

Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
I just don't want any silly comic relief companions. Especially no gnomes.

Halsin would be great.

I agree with this. No gnomes and no bards please. I'm just glad Volo didn't become a party member.
I'm actually pretty happy with the companions we have so far, except for Gale ( he is well written, I just don't like him ).
I would love to avoid having special snowflake companions, especially tieflings.

However what I would really like is a good aligned HUMAN female character who is vulnerable, yet courageous and open, preferably a spellcaster, maybe a sorcerer. Imagine Bethany from DA2, but with magic. I would really love is she didn't have any angst or feel like she has to prove herself.

Another character I'd like is the stern rugged HUMAN paladin dude who is an all around good guy but he is a bit grumpy and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty to meet his objectives and fulfill the deamnds of his mission. Tough love type guy with a huge scruffy beard.

I want them to be human, because I think a human majority in the party enhances the specialness of non-human companions.

That being said the one non-human companion I would love to have is a halfling MALE, because if we had to suffer through all those gnome companions in D&D games I think we finally deserve a properly written halfling. Just don't make him into a goofball, like a barbarian who carries a gigantic weapon on his small frame.

Originally Posted by Abits
We need a dwarf. Why can't we have a dwarf?

Because Cleric, Rogue and Fighter are all taken already. We still have Monk and Paladin open though, so you never know.

Last edited by Eldath; 25/11/20 03:18 PM.
Originally Posted by A Clown
I want a companion who doesnt instantly make me want to leave when I enter dialogue.

And someone who is actually chill with the current situation "it is what it is" vibes! I'm darn sick of being the only person who isnt a kill joy.

I also want a goat.

Exactly.. These companions anger me way too much.. I haven't hated companions this much since Dragon Age Inquisition.
Originally Posted by Eldath
I just don't want any silly comic relief companions. Especially no gnomes.

Halsin would be great.

I agree with this. No gnomes and no bards please. I'm just glad Volo didn't become a party member.
I'm actually pretty happy with the companions we have so far, except for Gale ( he is well written, I just don't like him ).
I would love to avoid having special snowflake companions, especially tieflings.

However what I would really like is a good aligned HUMAN female character who is vulnerable, yet courageous and open, preferably a spellcaster, maybe a sorcerer. Imagine Bethany from DA2, but with magic. I would really love is she didn't have any angst or feel like she has to prove herself.

Another character I'd like is the stern rugged HUMAN paladin dude who is an all around good guy but he is a bit grumpy and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty to meet his objectives and fulfill the deamnds of his mission. Tough love type guy with a huge scruffy beard.

I want them to be human, because I think a human majority in the party enhances the specialness of non-human companions.

That being said the one non-human companion I would love to have is a halfling MALE, because if we had to suffer through all those gnome companions in D&D games I think we finally deserve a properly written halfling. Just don't make him into a goofball, like a barbarian who carries a gigantic weapon on his small frame.

Originally Posted by Abits
We need a dwarf. Why can't we have a dwarf?

Because Cleric, Rogue and Fighter are all taken already. We still have Monk and Paladin open though, so you never know.

I actually want Gnomes, Halflings and Dwarves.. i have no interest in edgy drows and githyanki..

That why the option to make our own companions make sense.. Also gnomes can be serious not comic relief. I'm currently playing a serious Gnome Barbarian modded BG3 right now its great.

Originally Posted by Ixal
Originally Posted by TrollishMcTroll

Problem with odd races is that Larian can't do the expected romances with sex at the end which sadly seems to have become the standard in RPG the industry.

I don't even want sex with these horrid companions 😂

Last edited by DanteYoda; 25/11/20 04:03 PM.
Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by DanteYoda

I actually want Gnomes, Halflings and Dwarves.. i have no interest in edgy drows and githyanki..

I agree on dwarves and halflings, but if gnomes were deleted from the D&D universe, that would frankly bet a net benefit to all of us.

old hand
old hand
This is why Dark Sun is the best D&D setting. Gnomes have been entirely wiped out.

veteran
veteran
This is why Dark Sun is the best D&D setting. Gnomes have been entirely wiped out.
Now there's a game world that needs to be revived.

enthusiast
enthusiast

You really hate short people.

Last edited by Verte; 25/11/20 05:52 PM.
Page 7 of 25 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 24 25

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard