Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 45 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 44 45
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Thrandarian
They made an absolute killing on this game already. There is zero reason to put a huge amount of resources in this game. They sold over 1 mil copies at face value cost. I'm sure the majority of their resources are working on the next greatest project they can sucker another mil peeps to pay full retail for.

The patches for this game will be far and few until release, if it ever gets that far.

Enjoy the new business model, Hype, early access, get paid...and on the the next project.

Oh come on! go back to steam

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Abits
They made an absolute killing on this game already. There is zero reason to put a huge amount of resources in this game. They sold over 1 mil copies at face value cost. I'm sure the majority of their resources are working on the next greatest project they can sucker another mil peeps to pay full retail for.

The patches for this game will be far and few until release, if it ever gets that far.

Enjoy the new business model, Hype, early access, get paid...and on the the next project.

Oh come on! go back to steam

B-but steam is filled with happiness and unicorns, and rainbows made of butterflies! Maybe only in my language though.

veteran
veteran
In English it's full of silly, childish, whiney and baseless comments just like this one

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Manners please, people.

enthusiast
enthusiast

That would be embarrassing and massively counter productive for Larian. They have built a reputation and those things are worth more than a one time million+ sales. I believe if this was EA or Bethesda they would have cut the dev team by 70% and be working on the next lootbox Ladbrookes simulator. Even worse is Scam Citizen. Narr they will be completing the game.

B
stranger
stranger
B
And Blizzard had a good reputation... and a little before that Bethesda had a good reputation... and back in the early years of pc gaming, a small company called Electronic Arts (and not EA) had a very good reputation. You're only as good as the effort put in to your latest work, and the jury is still out on this one imo.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by BilboWPG
And Blizzard had a good reputation... and a little before that Bethesda had a good reputation... and back in the early years of pc gaming, a small company called Electronic Arts (and not EA) had a very good reputation. You're only as good as the effort put in to your latest work, and the jury is still out on this one imo.

This IS true. and I suppose a day may come, that larian will be too big to care about their fans. but I seriously think It is not this day
[Linked Image]

addict
addict
You know, a digression, but I'm really curious about the future of Bethesda. I'm almost optimistic after the acquisition. Which is extremely bizarre by itself. I've already discarded all hope for good (or just barely decent) TESVI, but maybe MS will beat some sense into Bethesda... Won't be worse than Zenimax, eh?

old hand
old hand

I, too, like to make up some random nonsense that has nothing to do with the truth.

addict
addict
Anyone else feel bad that the mods here have basically been left to attempt to herd cats for at least a year over the course of weeks and months of dead air?
I do not envy you guys.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tzelanit
Anyone else feel bad that the mods here have basically been left to attempt to herd cats for at least a year over the course of weeks and months of dead air?
I do not envy you guys.

I seem to recall a quest somewhere that involved "herding" 10 cats back home.

This must be an example of life mirroring fiction.

Last edited by Anfindel; 24/11/20 06:19 AM.
A
Ari Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
At least wait for them to screw up before you start crying foul. Perhaps the initial price tag was a bit avaricious, but they were not particularly deceitful about what you were buying. And they have not declared they have burnt the ship and are on a lifeboat with our hard earned coin.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Abits
Originally Posted by BilboWPG

This IS true. and I suppose a day may come, that larian will be too big to care about their fans. but I seriously think It is not this day
[Linked Image]

Steve Jobs had given a good insight on exactly when it happens back in the day. As long as Swen is truly in charge, it won't I guess.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Nyanko
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfeWhYj5zkQ

Steve Jobs had given a good insight on exactly when it happens back in the day. As long as Swen is truly in charge, it won't I guess.

Very insightful. Thanks for that

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Ari
At least wait for them to screw up before you start crying foul. Perhaps the initial price tag was a bit avaricious, but they were not particularly deceitful about what you were buying. And they have not declared they have burnt the ship and are on a lifeboat with our hard earned coin.

Companies don't declare that a ship burned into the ocean depths until a diving team starts pulling charred evidence of the wreckage from the sea floor.
"Hi, we took your money and ran" isn't exactly a solid business practice.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

N
old hand
old hand
N
New patch announcement boiiiiii

veteran
veteran
For now only the announcement though lol. but it seems we're gonna get some story changes.

E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire
New patch announcement boiiiiii

its just a bait post smile

around the corner can mean tomorrow or next year.

Last edited by Evil_it_Self; 24/11/20 08:23 PM.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
veteran
veteran
Does anyone else think this is a really awful thing for the devs to do? It completely invalidates many of the theories on the thread!

It's like that philosopher in Trademeet, why would anyone be so selfish as to save him?

Should be obvious but wink just in case

Banned
Banned
It'd make sense for them to release the next patch in the next few days, and the one after that in January/February. Pretty sure december's gonna be Cyberpunk's month

Page 8 of 45 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 44 45

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard