Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#738672 24/11/20 10:38 PM
A Clown Offline OP
OP Offline
I am filled with an untamed urge to just kill all the companions and marry my creepy dream lover in a tasteless toga.

But really though

What are yalls thoughts on this dream lover? I'm intrigued!!! laugh

addict
addict
Honestly? I don't like this. "Create your waifu" at character creation is off-putting to me. Also not happy about how it seems to work in the plot.

veteran
veteran
I think like in 'Her' they're all the same entity, possibly the Absolute. But Tadpole, Hivemind or Demi-God, I think turning our avatar into a skin suit for the real hero to inhabit is an interesting possibility in the game.

A
Ari Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
I think the dream lover needs different strategies of attack when it comes to more altruistically-minded characters.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ari
I think the dream lover needs different strategies of attack when it comes to more altruistically-minded characters.
Very true, it seems like as an entity ensconced in your subconscious it only really has one avenue of attack....

enthusiast
enthusiast
I would kill some of the companions, break the neck of the dream lover and leave camp with doggo.

A Clown Offline OP
OP Offline
Was waiting for a fellow murderhobo

Also I want an option to side with dream lover! So far shes the only npc thats complimented my PC!

old hand
old hand
It annoys me, feels like the romance part of the game is being forced on us rather than happening "naturally" later on. Also, most characters I play do not care about that stuff, the dream person I made for several of them was someone I want to kill or did kill in the past. smile

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by A Clown

Also I want an option to side with dream lover! So far shes the only npc thats complimented my PC!
But you can side with your dream lover, no?

A Clown Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Sozz

But you can side with your dream lover, no?

I darn hope so!!!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zarna
It annoys me, feels like the romance part of the game is being forced on us rather than happening "naturally" later on. Also, most characters I play do not care about that stuff, the dream person I made for several of them was someone I want to kill or did kill in the past. smile
I hope I've established myself as in your camp well enough already, but I do think exceptions can be made for something that might be literally mind-controlling you.

old hand
old hand
The idea of the dream person is good, but they should have implied they could be anyone important to you. There are plenty of other strong emotions and feelings other than love.

addict
addict
I kind of like it. It's better than if Larian tried to design a dream lover that would appeal to everyone. Plus I use it as a little funny detail for some of my characters. Like how my eventual half-orc has a thing for halfling girls or how some of my characters might be super attracted to tieflings but would never admit it.

Plus as someone who gravitates heavily toward playing males it is kind of fun to play around with the female options and see what I can make.

A Clown Offline OP
OP Offline
The idea of the dream person is good, but they should have implied they could be anyone important to you. There are plenty of other strong emotions and feelings other than love.

But what if they're super duper hot?

enthusiast
enthusiast

Like hate.

old hand
old hand

Then the people that care about that can tread that person as someone they love or lust after or whatever. That would be covered under the someone important to you part. smile

Originally Posted by Verte

Like hate.

Exactly. smile

veteran
veteran
That would require us getting some kind of backstory...*sigh*

old hand
old hand
Well, that is yet another thing I headcanon. Wouldn't you have to do that anyway to treat the dream person as someone you love?

W
veteran
veteran
W

A mysterious entity projecting a manifestation of desire into your brain to seduce you into unlocking eldritch power isn’t romance.

I think it’s a neat feature. I like that unlocking powers by dreams is very Baldur’s Gate. I’m interested in seeing what the ramifications for accepting or denying the dreams are.

veteran
veteran

Then the people that care about that can tread that person as someone they love or lust after or whatever. That would be covered under the someone important to you part. smile

Originally Posted by Verte

Like hate.

Exactly. smile

I don't know why I've got Venture Bros. on the brain, but this reminds me so much of when Dr. Orpheus astral projects to talk with his ex-wife, who of course is in media flagrante during the visit.
Yeah, vague romance is pretty paltry when you could be someone's unhealthy obsession

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard