Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Warlocke
Originally Posted by Zarna
It annoys me, feels like the romance part of the game is being forced on us rather than happening "naturally" later on. Also, most characters I play do not care about that stuff, the dream person I made for several of them was someone I want to kill or did kill in the past. smile

A mysterious entity projecting a manifestation of desire into your brain to seduce you into unlocking eldritch power isn’t romance.

I think it’s a neat feature. I like that unlocking powers by dreams is very Baldur’s Gate. I’m interested in seeing what the ramifications for accepting or denying the dreams are.
you turn into a Mind-Slayer of course.

old hand
old hand

A mysterious entity projecting a manifestation of desire into your brain to seduce you into unlocking eldritch power isn’t romance.

I think it’s a neat feature. I like that unlocking powers by dreams is very Baldur’s Gate. I’m interested in seeing what the ramifications for accepting or denying the dreams are.

This is why I wish it could have been done in a different manner. I like the idea of it but revenge is more seductive to me than the implied sexual attraction to someone. Going to be really mad if denying the dreams locks me out of power based on this.

A
Ari Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
I do wish that the dream demon’s opening move was not clipping through the player like a lustful octopus. Maybe give the sale’s pitch before proceeding around all the bases? Take notes from a proper tempter demon and only move onto the trading of saliva when it seems seduction is actually working?

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Sozz
It annoys me, feels like the romance part of the game is being forced on us rather than happening "naturally" later on. Also, most characters I play do not care about that stuff, the dream person I made for several of them was someone I want to kill or did kill in the past. smile

I’m pretty sure that isn’t it. The tadpole isn’t sending the dreams, the tadpole is in stasis. It’s connected to the power, but isn’t the cause. If whomever tampered with the tadpole wanted you to become a mindflayer they could just activate the tadpole. I’m pretty sure that The Dead Three (The Absolute) is sending you the dreams, and they have plans for you to do something with your powers, likely involving Kelemvor or Shar or both.

A
Ari Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A

I’m pretty sure that isn’t it. The tadpole isn’t sending the dreams, the tadpole is in stasis. It’s connected to the power, but isn’t the cause. If whomever tampered with the tadpole wanted you to become a mindflayer they could just activate the tadpole. I’m pretty sure that The Dead Three (The Absolute) is sending you the dreams, and they have plans for you to do something with your powers, likely involving Kelemvor or Shar or both.

Bhaal catfishing us. He has truly hit rock bottom.

enthusiast
enthusiast

This is why I wish it could have been done in a different manner. I like the idea of it but revenge is more seductive to me than the implied sexual attraction to someone. Going to be really mad if denying the dreams locks me out of power based on this.

True that, they could pop some questions in creator but I guess that is more money to burn after all, sexual attraction is easier to manage.
I guess there will be ways, Omeluum is one for now with repulsor power.

W
veteran
veteran
W

I guess you could roleplay that your character is just going along with the seduction attempt in order to unlock power.

I actually would like if the choice is to submit to the entity for power or deny it to avoid corruption but gain no power. I think that is a more interesting choice than choose A for power 1 or B for power 2.

A Clown Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Ari
I do wish that the dream demon’s opening move was not clipping through the player like a lustful octopus. Maybe give the sale’s pitch before proceeding around all the bases? Take notes from a proper tempter demon and only move onto the trading of saliva when it seems seduction is actually working?

Same! On one of the dreams my PC had with them, all I saw on screen was feet! It was not very romantic. Too much clipping larian! Gosh dang it

Last edited by A Clown; 25/11/20 12:08 AM.
veteran
veteran
I like it. I like Larian's focus on seductive evil and "who do you dream of" is a better question than

"are you: a) ghey c) not ghey c) playersexual d) in denial"?

Better than the devs deciding that I'm attracted to a certain sort of NPC

apprentice
apprentice
Wait? You get to actually see your dream lover in the game? Didn't happen to me in my first play-through and hasn't happened yet in the second and I'm maybe half way through.

veteran
veteran
You have to abuse the tadpole to see the lover.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
You have to abuse the tadpole to see the lover.

Ah. Thanks. I've always been minimal with my tadpole use.

A Clown Offline OP
OP Offline
What monster doesnt abuse a well earned power!!!

You can literally
bend foes to your will! Have little dumb creatures do your bidding! Seduce an entire village then have them all fight each other for your affections

It's one of my favourite things of the game! I absolutely love it!

Quick note: you cannot actually do all those in game but I imagine if given the option, the tadpole will grant that power.

Last edited by A Clown; 25/11/20 12:53 AM.
veteran
veteran

Mind SLAYER...get it? ...I'll just show myself out.

old hand
old hand
I thought it was an interesting concept and a great call-back to the dreams in previous games, but so far the implementation has been.... iffy. Like other players here and elsewhere, on my first run I never saw my dream guy after character creation; I put in all that time and effort and headcanon for nothing. If they're supposed to show up in person later on, that's cool, but characters who don't abuse the tadpole aren't going to have a connection with them. And if they're going to be one of the main villains, having a connection is important (to me, at least - please not another Corypheus!).

Also, so far the game isn't giving us any good reasons to seek out or play along with our stalker. AFAIK you get the same cool powers whether you fight back or not. Why wouldn't you fight back (besides because they're teh sexy)?

N
old hand
old hand
N
Its the tadpoke trying to seduce you. Don't use the tadpole

W
veteran
veteran
W

You have made a dangerous enemy today.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
I thought it was an interesting concept and a great call-back to the dreams in previous games, but so far the implementation has been.... iffy. Like other players here and elsewhere, on my first run I never saw my dream guy after character creation; I put in all that time and effort and headcanon for nothing. If they're supposed to show up in person later on, that's cool, but characters who don't abuse the tadpole aren't going to have a connection with them. And if they're going to be one of the main villains, having a connection is important (to me, at least - please not another Corypheus!).

Also, so far the game isn't giving us any good reasons to seek out or play along with our stalker. AFAIK you get the same cool powers whether you fight back or not. Why wouldn't you fight back (besides because they're teh sexy)?

I can pretty much guarantee that they won’t look like that when you meet them in person. They appear to everybody in a different form tailored to your desires. Also, “they” are probably either
one or all of The Dead Three or a collection of Illithids.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Verte

True that, they could pop some questions in creator but I guess that is more money to burn after all, sexual attraction is easier to manage.

Would really just be changing the question "who do you dream of" to something else and maybe have an armour option for them. No need for more than that.

I guess you could roleplay that your character is just going along with the seduction attempt in order to unlock power.

I actually would like if the choice is to submit to the entity for power or deny it to avoid corruption but gain no power. I think that is a more interesting choice than choose A for power 1 or B for power 2.

I only had the "where are you" dream on my main character. It wouldn't occur to him that this would have anything to do with gaining power.

This would be interesting but they would need to modify the rest mechanic, otherwise the implied tadpole urgency would lock out many people. I would prefer something else offering the power by dangling the dream person in front of you as a reward, this would allow for more variants of what they mean to you.

Hmm. Illithid Intervention? Seasons in Avernus? laugh

W
veteran
veteran
W
Offering power by dangling the dream person as a reward? Reward for what? That doesn’t make any sense.

But if your character isn’t interested or doesn’t trust the dream seducer then denying them is an option, so what’s the problem?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard