Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Agem Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
hey has someone found a meaningful knockout somewhere been knocking out so many people instead of killing them like Aunt Ethel Thralls or Brothers of captured girl and many other with no impact...;(

We got Knock make more of it please

veteran
veteran
I suppose the gobbo torturing the gnome at the windmill doesn't count, I also think it was bugged when I did it.

addict
addict
1) you do get XP for it same as killing.
2) Allows you to role-play a tune opposed to killing.
3) Helps with things like Wyll and the Birdie.
4) Helpful if your compnions go postal in camp

apprentice
apprentice
I tried KOing Spike in hopes of getting more information out of him. Some kind of bug caused him to keep waking up instantaneously and resuming combat. I ended up killing him and doing speak with dead. I really wanted to KO the named Gith, but at L4 that's a dangerous fight to be trying for stretch goals.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Spoilers>

I knocked out that tiefling that was going to shoot the goblin in the cage because I failed a check and she attacked. She appeared on top of the gate and was angry at me but forgave me after giving her 1gp. It is the only way I managed to prevent her getting killed near the goblin camp.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Soul-Scar
Spoilers>

I knocked out that tiefling that was going to shoot the goblin in the cage because I failed a check and she attacked. She appeared on top of the gate and was angry at me but forgave me after giving her 1gp. It is the only way I managed to prevent her getting killed near the goblin camp.

Really? That's interesting because when I tried to knock out that lady she turned hostile every time I went anywhere near her (subsequently turning the whole camp hostile as well)

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Abits
Originally Posted by Soul-Scar
Spoilers>

Really? That's interesting because when I tried to knock out that lady she turned hostile every time I went anywhere near her (subsequently turning the whole camp hostile as well)

The only other exception was I killed the druid right after she killed the tiefling kid while she was knocked out. This triggered the druids going batshit and getting wasted by the tieflings. After this she was waiting on the left side of the gate on the way out.

Quick answer is no, at least not that I have seen. But then there are no bars to get into a brawl just yet. =)

When you meet Laz-El after the crash, if you fail the deception check, the Tiefling talks about taking her back to the Grove and putting her in a cage. When he opens the trap up, she naturally attacks him. You can side with the Tieflings and knock her out (Much easier if you took all her armor and weapons in the nautiloid I might add). I haven't had a chance to test this to see if she actually appears in the grove's cage sometime later. As the grove is attacked as soon as you show up, it makes sense they wouldn't beat you back. And there is a goblin in the 1 cage initially, so I imagine the goblin would have to be... dealt with before Laz'el would appear. It would be interesting to see if she shows up later though.

Can anyone confirm if knocking Gale unconscious avoids setting off his ... condition?

Sozz's answer is the only 1 I think. IE: If you are traveling with Wyl, in the blighted villiage there are some goblins harassing a Gnome. Wyl specifically asks that you attack and knock the leader out so he can question him after the battle. If you kill the leader, you get a dislike from Wyl.

However.. the encounter is rather buggy. If you are unchained from Wyl when you approach the Goblins, the follow up interrogation never happens. So you have to be sure Wyl is chained to the PC on approach or you totally miss it. The leader also often surrenders before you have a chance to knock him out.

Last edited by Dheuster; 25/11/20 06:54 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Dheuster
Quick answer is no, at least not that I have seen. But then there are no bars to get into a brawl just yet. =)

When you meet Laz-El after the crash, if you fail the deception check, the Tiefling talks about taking her back to the Grove and putting her in a cage. When he opens the trap up, she naturally attacks him. You can side with the Tieflings and knock her out (Much easier if you took all her armor and weapons in the nautiloid I might add). I haven't had a chance to test this to see if she actually appears in the grove's cage sometime later. As the grove is attacked as soon as you show up, it makes sense they wouldn't beat you back. And there is a goblin in the 1 cage initially, so I imagine the goblin would have to be... dealt with before Laz'el would appear. It would be interesting to see if she shows up later though.

Can anyone confirm if knocking Gale unconscious avoids setting off his ... condition?

I highly doubt it happens

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard