Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by trengilly
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/1086940/view/2894088190702891542

I gues you noticed, but why keep it a secret. laugh

So far it seems like no new content, just adjustment of curent content ... wich is also fine by me. smile
I wonder what will change.

I would think there will be some significant story changes . . . otherwise it wouldn't break saves. Or rather be worth pissing people off by breaking saves just to make minor adjustments

Originally Posted by FelLich
Wont know until its out but it does seem to imply significant enough changes to the story to brick old saves. Notifying that it'll brick the saves is pretty good communication, saves people time on their rage. Would you like a full walkthrough of the new content before its released?

I'm not sure why you think save game incompatibility would have to mean story changes or additions. There's a lot of behind the stage coding that could have been changed in ways that would break saves beyond user-end content being changed or added.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
veteran
veteran
They explicitly said this is the first patch with story changes.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Dexai
Originally Posted by trengilly
https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/1086940/view/2894088190702891542

I gues you noticed, but why keep it a secret. laugh

So far it seems like no new content, just adjustment of curent content ... wich is also fine by me. smile
I wonder what will change.

I would think there will be some significant story changes . . . otherwise it wouldn't break saves. Or rather be worth pissing people off by breaking saves just to make minor adjustments

Originally Posted by FelLich
Wont know until its out but it does seem to imply significant enough changes to the story to brick old saves. Notifying that it'll brick the saves is pretty good communication, saves people time on their rage. Would you like a full walkthrough of the new content before its released?

I'm not sure why you think save game incompatibility would have to mean story changes or additions. There's a lot of behind the stage coding that could have been changed in ways that would break saves beyond user-end content being changed or added.

Read this https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=738612

old hand
old hand
Ah, I see. Reading it again it was right in the first paragraph. I missed that the first time.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
acatlas Offline OP
OP Offline
there was a video posted just reciently hinting we might get the druid again. as well as with possible details on barbarian or sorcerer but it was apparently game files stuff. so no confirmation would be nice to get some more details from larion on this... Hopefully at least the druid. (even though myself i want to see the barbarian as a high talking point).

E
E
I hope the scenes trigger easily and that you don't need to rest or use the tadpole so much to get them 😊

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by acatlas
Typically DLC / Major Content patches to games are every 3 months

I dare you: Name 5 games that actualy adding content every 3 months ...

Anyway ... if any youtuber want to focus all his chanel to one, not yet released game ... i think i know where is problem, and its not in Larian. wink

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
acatlas Offline OP
OP Offline
Typically DLC / Major Content patches to games are every 3 months

I dare you: Name 5 games that actualy adding content every 3 months ...

Anyway ... if any youtuber want to focus all his chanel to one, not yet released game ... i think i know where is problem, and its not in Larian. wink

World of warcraft
Total War Warhammer 2
FFIV
DBZ:Xenoverse
Hearthstone
Runeterra
MTG Arena

thates with zero thought in 10 seconds off the top of my head. I am sure i can give you another 10 if you really want more with some actual effort at least without really thinking too hard. Wow does get a 6 month gap before the release of a large expansion typically however after content patches.

Dota
League of Legends
Dead by Daylight
Mortal Kombat 11
Diablo 3 (Its has a new content patch for gear every 3 months with season roll over)
Elder Scrolls Online
Fortnite
Overwatch
Star Trek Online
Team Fight Tactics

Last edited by acatlas; 26/11/20 10:40 AM.
acatlas Offline OP
OP Offline
If you need some more examples i can give you another 20 games or so if you want... However thats 17 i believe you wanted 5 I mean...its not even a challenge to list games that do regular content patch updates. However as World of Warcraft, and FFIV and elder scrolls have subscriptions you could disclude those however none of the other games have a subscription...thats still 14 with those 3 counted out.

Last edited by acatlas; 26/11/20 10:43 AM.
V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
Not to nitpick your list but a lot or some of those are multiplayer games. They need to roll out new content often otherwise people will get bored and move on. Another game like this would be that Avengers game. People seemed to have stop playing because they're waiting for new content.

veteran
veteran
Well ... World of Warcraft, Diablo 3 and Heartstone i actualy play ...

If i recall corectly last patch (Nyalotha raid) was up for at least 3/4 year, maybe even whole year.
Diablo III added single set since necromancer dlc ... that means at least 3 years no "new content". Those seasons are equivalent to start a new character here, its the exactly same game, you just start over.
And HS? Well, i admit i didnt started it for some while, but as far as i know last new hero anounced was Hogger, before that ... cant remember anything for at least 2 years.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 26/11/20 01:22 PM.

acatlas Offline OP
OP Offline
Wow major Content patchs - typically 3-4 per year
Patch 8.3.7 July 21, 2020
Patch 8.3.0 January 14, 2020
Patch 8.2.5 September 24, 2019
Patch 8.2.0 June 25, 2019
Patch 8.1.5 March 12, 2019

Hearthstone 16 major patches in 2020 13 that added content to the game for 1 or more aspect of the game - Non subscription based game.
https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/patchnotes

and your talking about heroes of the storm get your game facts strait heroes of the storm has a discontinued developer staff the entire heroes of the storm staff was gutted in 2019. Which that hasnt had content released in a year because they litterly have a team of 4 people for the entire project. Last character/content patch for it with new content for heroes of the storm was 2019. I was suprised they even released new content for that at all.

addict
addict
Why are you discussing about online games when it's a single?

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by Nyloth

baldur's gate 3 is a 4 players online / offline co-op game.

Last edited by Evil_it_Self; 26/11/20 07:49 PM.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
veteran
veteran

Patch 8.3.7 July 21, 2020
Patch 8.3.0 January 14, 2020

Patch 8.3.7 was indeed released in July 21 ... but its content (prepatch event) was inactive until 2 weeks ago ...
So, exactly as i said ... 3/4 year of one patch, maybe almost whole year. smile

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Evil_it_Self
Originally Posted by Nyloth

baldur's gate 3 is a 4 players online / offline co-op game.

I hope you understand that it's still not the same... co-op function is just an addition... It is assumed that you will play the game alone, and if you want, you can play it with someone else. This is not an online game like WoW.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard