Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A Clown Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
In the code, daisy dress is the name of the clothing of the "Who do you dream of" character wears.

Wonder what the male equivalent would be? Daniel? Daffodil? Dylan? Dimitri? Doug? Dave? David?

A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by Nyloth
Originally Posted by ash elemental
Originally Posted by Nyloth

We don't know for sure. We can only guess at his true causes. But when you talk to him, he first says that he can drink the master's blood, and only then adds that we can also just kill him. Doesn't that indicate his priorities? By the way, I strongly regret that I looked at the spoiler... I mean, you're talking about something that's not officially available.

I'm not sure what you mean by not officially available, it's in one of his dialogues?

I'm talking about dream… Who the heck is Daisy??? As far as I know, this dream is only available in mod… so…

I don't play with mods. Daisy is what people have been calling
the tadpole-caused dream lover. You can chat to the companions about those dreams.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by ash elemental

I don't play with mods. Daisy is what people have been calling
the tadpole-caused dream lover. You can chat to the companions about those dreams.

Oh sorry, idk that. I thought it was the name of a story character.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by A Clown
Wonder what the male equivalent would be? Daniel? Daffodil? Dylan? Dimitri? Doug? Dave? David?

Logically, if the female version is Daisy, the male version is Duke. I know that and I never even watched the show.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by SaurianDruid
Shadowheart feels a lot more like the Sebille of this game, to be honest. Right down to the fact that if you're playing the wrong race (Gith or Lizard respectively) there is a high chance you'll end up killing her upon your first meeting.

They're both cagey about their pasts and in service to some dark power they don't want to talk about. They both even have
a loss of memories of who they are supposed to be
as a plot point. And they're both elven and snarky.

Astarion has little in common with Sebille aside from general rogue traits.

I kind of agree with this from the little we've seen so far. The rogue abilities are pretty much the only solid likeness to me. I get sebile much more strongly as a cross between Shadowhearts attitude and Lae'zels personality/general outlook.

Astarion certainly seems to have some redeemable traits and 'good' deep down, which comes out as you get to know him. I'm curious to see if that 'sticks' or whether it was an anomaly/act on his part. As mentioned above there seem to be some differences between early discussion of his back story and the more current data mined spoilers I've tripped over. It'll be interesting to see what his story actually is and how much of an ass he really was before his tragic past occurred!

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Eldath

I think neutral evil characters believe in a hierarchy but they are (supposed to be) on top. After all they put themselves first. If you put something first that's already a hierarchy.

What you describe here is lawful evil. Lawful evil believes in the existence of a strict heirarchy and rules but also strives to bend those rules for their own ends so they can be at the top of that hierarchy. Devils are the quintessential beings of lawful evilness in Forgotten Realms if you want to see what that alignment is all about. Brokering one-sided deals and upholding people to their agreements knowing full well you conned them into making said agreement.

A Neutral Evil character cares about themselves first and foremost but don't have a particular like of rules and order nor seek to break down rules and order when they find it.

Lawful Evil is the career politician while Neutral Evil is the shady hit man the politician hires to take out rivals.

Originally Posted by Eldath

I firmly believe Astarion to be Neutral Evil, the reason why I mention lawful a lot because he has some lawful and some chaotic tendencies, but he is not really on either extreme.

Astarion is not lawful at all. He's pretty definitively a chaotic evil character. He loves causing pain, loves it when you kill indiscriminately or start unnecessary fights, and likes to provoke people into violence. All without an actual end-goal beyond his own personal enjoyment. He also complains when you diffuse situations and avoid conflict even if those conflicts would have only hindered your quest to deal with the tadpole.

He has basic manners and the good sense to not piss off his allies, but that is a long way from being lawful. He's just not full meme-tier chaotic.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by SaurianDruid

Astarion is not lawful at all. He's pretty definitively a chaotic evil character. He loves causing pain, loves it when you kill indiscriminately or start unnecessary fights, and likes to provoke people into violence. All without an actual end-goal beyond his own personal enjoyment. He also complains when you diffuse situations and avoid conflict even if those conflicts would have only hindered your quest to deal with the tadpole.

He has basic manners and the good sense to not piss off his allies, but that is a long way from being lawful. He's just not full meme-tier chaotic.

Well, at least someone sees it same as I do. I thought I was out of my mind.

Originally Posted by asheraa

have some redeemable traits and 'good' deep down, which comes out as you get to know him

Using information about him that we have in early access and first act, I didn't see anything "good" in him, so I'm wondering why you think he has it. But if it's because of date files, then I don't want to know.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by asheraa
As mentioned above there seem to be some differences between early discussion of his back story and the more current data mined spoilers I've tripped over.

Can you tell which data mined spoilers you mean?

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Originally Posted by JesusDied
Originally Posted by A Clown
[/spoiler] I'm just referring to the time you first find out hes a vampire and he states that he only drinks animal blood, I dont know if he was lying or something, [spoiler]

He is not lying about an animal bit, but he is about the reasons behind it. Which you can call him out on if you had DT activated.
He is making it seem as if he is feeding on animals by choice because he is not "a monster" or doesn't want to be one. In truth, he was forced to do it by his master, and him trying to feed on you is him testing out how "free" is he from his master now.

Also, since we are on topic in regards to Astarion. I recall an article that mentioned a very interesting bit about Astarion's life prior to vampirsim.
Apparently he was a disgraced nobleman who became a magistrate as just a cover. In reality he was smuggling prisoners to vampires. After he became "too corrupt" even for vampires, vampires ended up making a scheme with Cazador to take him down. Hence how he ended up enslaved by him.

Now, I'm not sure if this backstory still stands for Astarion, or was it changed by now. However, if we do follow this, then in all honesty he is the last person to talk about the importance of being allowed to chose.
Since he was basically a glorified slaver himself before his downfall.
If this is still meant to be his backstory prior to Cazador, that is.

Oh frack. Know I know one og my future characaters will try to redeem him :faceslap:

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard