Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18
veteran
veteran
This corner is very far

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
addict
addict
[Linked Image]

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by Abits
This corner is very far

the corner is 1 lightyear wide smile

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
G
stranger
stranger
G

Last edited by Groo; 26/11/20 08:22 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
@Jess_Larian Any idea what the new patch adds or fixes within the current game? Or can you at least give us some information so we can decide whether or not we want to continue or re-roll a new
character?

I know I'm hoping that they fixed some of the combat issues like when you have a 90% chance to hit and get a critical miss or when the enemy is right In front of you and you get "Invalid Target"

Also, I've got the game set to "Always keep this game up to date" but I've got it to where it's using Patch 2 will this mess up my current gameplay to where I'll have to re-roll my toon?

Last edited by DragonMaster69; 26/11/20 11:42 PM.
veteran
veteran
Yes it will. We will all have to roll new toons.

If you want to finish your current game you will need to uncheck "always keep this game up to date" box.

Last edited by T2aV; 27/11/20 06:43 AM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
What does “around the corner” mean? Not that I’m impatient, but it’s been a month since any major announcement has been made, so I’m somewhat skeptical

I am glad to see you guys have not abandoned us though. lol, and Im looking forward to some new content

Last edited by PraiseThanos; 27/11/20 08:57 AM. Reason: Edited to be a bit nicer
F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Hopefully this patch will change up the evil playstyle storyline according to our feedback. Its not in a good spot.

Originally Posted by Evil_it_Self
maybe you should have keep reading before posting this cuz you are making a fool out of yourself..... cuz you can't be more WRONG. the way larian is doing it, is not the way early access game dev does it(in general) I posted a list of some game took at random in my huge early access list and they all did it and still does it with a EXPERIMENTAL branch , you have the stable version of the game and the unstable version of the game the experimental one more uptodate but more bug. it updated regularly (every day) and when it reach a sufficient stable state they push it on the stable version.

i can cite you example if you want but most if not all early access game does it that way. with some exception like Larian who don't have a clue smile

the way you describe it is very rare among early access dev. in my 73 early access game on steam I could only find 3 games that did not when the experimental branch way. and BG3 is one of them.

keeping back up of previous version can be done manually. or, by not pressing the update button, yes you can do that on steam too. you can disable it all.

and it does not need branching. it's not the proper way to use the BETA patch feature on steam even when you go and read what is the beta patch branching feature from the steam wiki , you can see its not meant to be use as back up version but as a way to provide your player base a way to test upcoming feature before implanting them for good.

and by doing it that way you can retain more active and engaged player who want to give feedback and test the game.

oh and losing your save file , is like a feature on a early access game. don't buy one if you not ready to face bug crash and lost of data.

be we all know by now this BG3 EA is not a EA. the communication is only 1 way.

And maybe you need to be more civilized, and read more carefully yourself. I have seen the long list of games, I'm talking about development and what makes sense. Apparently you are too busy playing games to think about that.

addict
addict
Well, today they published an announcement in steam, I think it's coming soon.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
Originally Posted by Nyloth

I only see the pre-patch annoucement of the 24th they've just pinned, did you see something else?
Can't be far. I hope we don't have to re-download the whole game though wink

veteran
veteran
I don't believe they'll release it during the weekend so we'll probably won't see it before Monday

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Redglyph

I only see the pre-patch annoucement of the 24th they've just pinned, did you see something else?

You're right, I somehow thought they made this post today. My bad.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
Um, by "around the corner" did you mean Wednesday night or the day after the announcement for those of us on Stadia?

When I logged in to play that evening, my saves were all gone, gone, gone and I mean .... gone!

I did start another character immediately, but am left wondering if this little bird is doomed to be wiped, if in fact the dreaded patch has NOT already descended? If it hasn't then this purge that I experienced must be a what ... serious glitch?

Last edited by Capt.Wells; 27/11/20 12:54 PM.

“This year the utopian candy shell has melted away to expose a hard center of bizarre reality.”
G
addict
addict
G
What was the point of this announcement? The way this studio communicates is aggravating.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Redglyph

I only see the pre-patch announcement of the 24th they've just pinned, did you see something else?

You're right, I somehow thought they made this post today. My bad.

And when I read your original post you had gotten my hopes up. I think I'll go play BG II with Minsc and Boo and let Boo the space hamster go for the eyes. Besides, it's been a while since I played BG ii and it will bring back some memories o the earlier days of gaming.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by gaymer
What was the point of this announcement? The way this studio communicates is aggravating.

I'm hoping that it will be before I am able to buy my Ryzen 5000 chip and my 6000 series AMD GPU.

B
B
Originally Posted by gaymer

To let you know that saves won't be compatible, so you can make decisions about which branch to play on, whether or not you'll start a new playthrough, etc. Makes sense to me.

I'd also like more details, but the reality is probably that they themselves just don't know yet. Game development is a messy process, things can and do go wrong at the last minute, and there's no point in releasing a patch that's going to break a bunch of things.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Let's hope the corner is before the 10th of december.

Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard