Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
There's an item called "our mind" in the tutorial level, just past some flames on the outer deck with the cannons (it's on the body of a thrall overseer type). It has no icon yet and is rather heavy (about 10). Based on the name I assumed it had something to do with the intellect devourer, but I haven't figured out any way to make it do anything. Has anyone found a function for it?

veteran
veteran
This Is the most useful thing I've seen done with any of those brains smile
Originally Posted by Darkhorse
I have no answers about Myrnath, but I am able to confirm you're not the only person with floating brains at their camp. wink

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Sozz; 28/11/20 02:49 AM.
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Maybe if you develop your tadpole enough you can eat them to regain uses of the tad powers?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Masakado
Maybe if you develop your tadpole enough you can eat them to regain uses of the tad powers?
I'd love if they seeded brains in the tutorial that would become relevant presumably very late in the game.

old hand
old hand
Oh, so that's where I got that item from. I thought I got it from Us when We die at the end of the tutorial, if We make it through to the end.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
Stranger than life
Stranger than life
I think it does explain most of the internet these days.

journeyman
journeyman
Well F me.
I really am blind :|
Definitely should have read more.

“There is only one thing we say to Death:
Not today.”
enthusiast
enthusiast
In the datamined thread there was something about mind reader. Maybe it is one of the readable brains.

Originally Posted by Dexai
Oh, so that's where I got that item from. I thought I got it from Us when We die at the end of the tutorial, if We make it through to the end.

Same. I thought that for the longest time as well until a play through where I actually looked at the guy on the ship where you loot it from.

It would have been nice if Us still lived or was looking for us...no pun intended. wink

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Possibly in a later iteration - it was probably a low priority item for the developers having been, according to Swen, something that just sort of happened as they were building the tutorial level. Maybe the item holds a particular personality you can overwrite onto an existing intellect devourer? (but hasn't been implemented yet because when choosing between "finish off an unplanned camp follower" and "finishing off base elements like classes" the later is more important).

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard