Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
I blame Gale.. Probably he absorbed the patch!... Damn it Gale!

((Just doing some jokes i know Larian is hard at work))

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Bittereinder
Originally Posted by gaymer
What was the point of this announcement? The way this studio communicates is aggravating.

To let you know that saves won't be compatible, so you can make decisions about which branch to play on, whether or not you'll start a new playthrough, etc. Makes sense to me.

I'd also like more details, but the reality is probably that they themselves just don't know yet. Game development is a messy process, things can and do go wrong at the last minute, and there's no point in releasing a patch that's going to break a bunch of things.

It does make sense, but without time frame it just leaves everyone hanging

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
We can just speculate. But i think the patch was ready to get released but most likely something went not as expected this is the Development process for you.

Would be nice tho to have a bit more communication by Larian side tho.

journeyman
journeyman
Tuesdays have been patch days for several games for as long as I can remember. My guess is Tuesday Dec 1st at the earliest.

old hand
old hand
I hope Larian write directly what exactly you changed in the plot, and do not invite players to search and look for it personally "to maintain interest in the game." This will make it easier to test and collect feedback.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
veteran
veteran
lol the image of the corner in Larian offices.

Hey @Raze is there any chance you could ask if 'corner' means days or weeks? I had settled into 'probably Xmas' and then this announcement made me think 'in a day or two'.

G
stranger
stranger
G
being a stadia player sucks rn since i really want to play but it feels pointless with the patch coming up. Hope that corner is close lol

Originally Posted by Abits

My save got too bugged anyway, so at least they told me there is something to wait for. I didn't even make it past that Underdark temple. I wonder if there is a modding community for it somewhere? The one that managed to remove the level cap preferably smile

Last edited by Choosen of KEK; 27/11/20 09:52 PM.
P
stranger
stranger
P

What was the point of this announcement? The way this studio communicates is aggravating.

It is, i agree. It’s the one major criticism I have so far. They keep us in the dark a little too much imo

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Choosen of KEK
Originally Posted by Abits

My save got too bugged anyway, so at least they told me there is something to wait for. I didn't even make it past that Underdark temple. I wonder if there is a modding community for it somewhere? The one that managed to remove the level cap preferably smile

there are a few Mods over on Nexus.com but not sure what all is over there currently you could check it out.

there is my friend. Over at Nexus I have 29 installed so far.

Last edited by T2aV; 28/11/20 02:52 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I hope Larian write directly what exactly you changed in the plot, and do not invite players to search and look for it personally "to maintain interest in the game." This will make it easier to test and collect feedback.

Same. Although, with a balance to be found. They could say "we changed the way Minthara recruits you", though they perhaps should not say everything about what exactly they changed in that area of the story. There is some value in letting people play "as if for real", since that is how most people will play on full release. But I feel the time for "here's the whole game, we don't tell you anything about our plans, please give whatever feedback you want" is past, and now is the time for " hey, we changed this mechanism, please let us know how this works" and "we definitely plan to add this feature but certainly not in the near future"

veteran
veteran
Maybe include all the changes in the patch note, but label story changes as spoilers

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Rieline
I blame Gale.. Probably he absorbed the patch!... Damn it Gale!

Looks like the patch can mine ethereum better than rtx3080...

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
Come Dec 10th i probably wont care about anythig EABG3 for a while smile

Still it would be nice if Larian could be a bit more open on what their thoughts are regarding the feedback.

Last edited by Ormgaard; 28/11/20 11:08 AM.
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Looking forward to it.

Not giving a specific date/time gives them flexibility. If it hits before Xmas I’ll be content.

Would be awesome if they could make a YouTube video about the changes and release notes

Originally Posted by PraiseThanos

It is, i agree. It’s the one major criticism I have so far. They keep us in the dark a little too much imo

I don't understand you, don't you agree with what was just said about that a few posts up? And why not?

They don't keep us in the dark by giving a warning so we don't update if we want to keep the saved games. Do you see a better way to do so?
If they hadn't done so, everyone would be whining about the lack of heads-up. Though personally I'd simply update for everyone and get on with it, it's an Early Access and loss of saved games is to be expected.

As for the timeframe question, it probably depends on the advancement of the validations, it's not something very predictable. They don't have to give us any update timeframe, anyway.

Last edited by Redglyph; 28/11/20 11:36 AM. Reason: typo
Originally Posted by Ormgaard
Still it would be nice if Larian could be a bit more open on what their thoughts are regarding the feedback.

+1 smile

B
B
Originally Posted by Ormgaard
Come Dec 10th i probably wont care about anythig EABG3 for a while smile

Why, what's happening on December 10th?

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Originally Posted by gorto
being a stadia player sucks rn since i really want to play but it feels pointless with the patch coming up. Hope that corner is close lol

I agree.

If you are a Stadia player you are now in the position that as soon as you quit the game your saves might be wiped.

If we could be given a not before date at least we could plan around that.

Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard