Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18
enthusiast
enthusiast
Well,

technically speaking is every game in which you take on one or several roles an RPG. It's just that the definition of RPG is usually reserved for a certain type of game for...let us say....ease of identification.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Phea
Originally Posted by Zellin
Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world, action-adventure

not an RPG. They were criticized for calling it an RPG in the first place, after people finally got a chance to try the game. And I hope that's exactly how they gonna impact other games: make people stop calling "RPGs" Action-games with 1 and a half of RPG elements.

And why exactly are you saying it's not an RPG? I've been playing many tabletop systems for years, I played the Witcher and I know a lot about Cyberpunk and for me it's obvious both these games are RPGs. Different than BG, but still RPGs. The Witcher is just an RPG with pre-generated character from the books (but hey, I played many one-shot sessions in which I got pre-generated characters from my GMs).

Agreed. I'm not sure why CP2077 is supposed to NOT be an RPG; it's not a cRPG (in the sense of "party-based isometric/top-down pausable computer RPG"), but I'd say it's very much an RPG. No less than TES or The Witcher. Perhaps more so. It's based on a TTRPG and seems fairly faithful to it in character building (to my unfamiliar eye, anyway), allows you to create and roleplay a character, appears to have choice&consequence, has an explorable living world, is story-focused... FPV, shooting and cyberpunk setting(?) imo don't make it any less of an RPG.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Cyberpunk 2077 will be nice. But a good Shadowrun would have been better.

veteran
veteran
Cyberpunk seemed like it will be more RPG than the Witcher so I really don't get the complaints

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
F
apprentice
apprentice
F
People already starting to talking about cyberpunk 2077, this game has so much hype, if new patch release close date with 10th. Ä°t could be forgotten.

veteran
veteran
Well, there is only so much we can talk about in regards to this lame pre-patch notice. There is nothing that screams "improve your communication with your community" louder than your community talking about a different game in a patch announcement post

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by DelarnTheBard
Cyberpunk 2077 will be nice. But a good Shadowrun would have been better.

The single player ones, Returns, Hong Kong, and Dragonfall were great IMHO. The MMO didn't do so well sadly.

A good turned based one with multiplayer, DM mode and a toolset would make me very happy.

Love and sausages xx
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
I am a great fan of Larian and i love baldurs gate 3 i know this game is in early access however even if i am being patient would be better to have a little bit more of comunication. As the patch was told to be around the corner.

Now alright problems can happend in the development but leaving the community hanging for days with not even a grain of communication is not a good thing to do.

G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by Rieline
I am a great fan of Larian and i love baldurs gate 3 i know this game is in early access however even if i am being patient would be better to have a little bit more of comunication. As the patch was told to be around the corner.

Now alright problems can happend in the development but leaving the community hanging for days with not even a grain of communication is not a good thing to do.

Especially being a week now and people have paused their current games in anticipation.

Originally Posted by gaymer
[quote=Rieline]

Especially being a week now and people have paused their current games in anticipation.

modding has slowed to a crawl as well.

H
apprentice
apprentice
H
I suspect that if it had been less than a week, plenty of folk would have been unhappy that they'd not had enough notice, or that they didn't have the time to do just that one bit before the update, or switch branches, or whatever.

It might be nice to have a whole team to manage our expectations, but that would mean taking away development time, both in having to pay that team, and in them having to get updates from the development team at a finer level of detail than might otherwise be necessary.

G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by T2aV
[quote=Rieline]

Streaming as well. Larian radio silence.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by T2aV
[quote=Rieline]

Understandable, now that I think of it.

news is news its good they gave us something. The more they give us the better however there is a fairly significant amount of stuff leaking out the wood works at the moment. That has been floating around. Most of that cant be confirmed till we get word from larion further.

Druid being a big one has been for a while however just actual screen shots have been floating around with advanced dialogue. A new companion has been mentioned. Advanced dialogue and interactions for barbarians has been around but there less substantial details on this. Original rumor mill was feb-april before we got news on barbarian sorcerer and monk so more substantial info leans away from that. Screen shots were passed around about some other things as well but till larion really says any more its pointless to get hopes up. Because even with data seeping out the wood works since the announcement until they give an official patch notes we don't have official confirmation.

addict
addict
I don't care what they add, I just want to know date... If they can't even give an exact date, does that mean there's still a lot of work to do?

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
I haven't been watching the steamdb info for a few weeks, prior to that, you'd see Patch3 updated about once a day.
I looked today, and not only is that true, but Patch4 was updated as well. Because I haven't been watching it, I don't know if the creation of Patch4 is really recent or has been floating around for a while.
If it's the former, I'd hope that indicates that Patch3 is almost out the door.
Just some speculation (shrug).

https://steamdb.info/app/1086940/depots/

Also the summer2020_loca has been updated, which educated guess is the localization files (translations for different languages). IIRC, I didn't usually see regular updates to this either when I was paying attention, which also is a good sign for a release soon.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Huh... Big corner, I guess.

journeyman
journeyman
I play on stadia. I know, stadia is the ugly stepchild of the gaming World it seems. But we don't have a way to branch the game like people with $2,000 gaming computers do. I had started my second playthrough last week but there's no point in forging ahead if I'm going to lose all my saved games. On Friday, my dad died of covid and all I want to do is play some Baldur's Gate 3 but I feel like it would be a waste to do so if all my saves become useless tomorrow.

Shaolin Stoner
veteran
veteran
Please guys, no more soon, out of the door, around the corner, or any other vague time frame

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
Originally Posted by ShaolinStoner
I play on stadia. I know, stadia is the ugly stepchild of the gaming World it seems. But we don't have a way to branch the game like people with $2,000 gaming computers do. I had started my second playthrough last week but there's no point in forging ahead if I'm going to lose all my saved games. On Friday, my dad died of covid and all I want to do is play some Baldur's Gate 3 but I feel like it would be a waste to do so if all my saves become useless tomorrow.

Sorry about your loss. I play on Stadia too. Don't really mind the lack of specifics as to what's new in the patch. But would at least want a time frame. Like this week? Next few days? Doesn't have to be specific but at least something other than soon.

Last edited by Veilburner; 30/11/20 07:28 PM. Reason: Typo
Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard