Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by AnonySimon
Originally Posted by Tzelanit
In this thread:
A puritanical world view combined with a failure to respect the ESRB rating results in a kid learning about the birds and the bees.

You're not concerned with people arbitrarily killing children, casual profanity, and ritualistic BDSM, but you draw the line at physical intimacy?
This post should be pinned for posterity. This is hilarious. cry

It reminds me of that time when parents took their children to see Deadpool in theatres, despite the numerous warnings that it was rated R, and then stormed out mid-film angry about how it "wasn't appropriate for children". No shit. That is why it was rated R.

I agree with that its just not movies its video games and TV shows as well and maybe even manga and anime. I don't think parents or some parents don't even pay attention to the ratings of shows movies etc and then they get upset.

W
veteran
veteran
W
In this thread:
A puritanical world view combined with a failure to respect the ESRB rating results in a kid learning about the birds and the bees.

You're not concerned with people arbitrarily killing children, casual profanity, and ritualistic BDSM, but you draw the line at physical intimacy?

You don’t know that the OP is okay with any of that because you aren’t aware if the OP is aware of any of that.

What really happened in this thread: somebody had a misconception about the game, voiced surprised, was corrected, responded reasonably, and then a bunch of jerks piled in and reminded everybody of how abysmal trying to communicate with strangers online unfortunately often is.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Warlocke
In this thread:

You don’t know that the OP is okay with any of that because you aren’t aware if the OP is aware of any of that.

What really happened in this thread: somebody had a misconception about the game, voiced surprised, was corrected, responded reasonably, and then a bunch of jerks piled in and reminded everybody of how abysmal trying to communicate with strangers online unfortunately often is.

The subject is "things that people find shocking or unacceptable." All of those other things are present in the game and are generally things that people find shocking or unacceptable, yet none of them were mentioned and the biggest pressing issue is a D-, awkwardly-animated intercourse scene that isn't particularly explicit. Putting on our thinking caps and understanding what critical thinking is, one could fairly infer that they don't have issues with those other things since those concerns weren't voiced and could have easily been lumped in alongside the complaint of brief pixelated sex.

And if we follow your convenient logic and they actually weren't somehow aware that any of those adult themes were a possibility, then that tells me either one of two things: they pay zero heed to game ratings because they aren't particularly concerned what the kid sees (for a variety of reasons since I'm not blindly assuming things here,) or the kid is mentally and emotionally capable of handling an M rating, in which case this entire post is moot to begin with.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

addict
addict
The essential points are ...

a) good to give player choice, so actual dialogue romance rather than the half-baked "romance" we have in said Patch 2". If player does not choose those dialogue options, the relevant companion(s) should not all say they want to fuck you during the drunk party. --- I won't repeat what other threads explained: the romance dialogues are blatantly half-done (only EA I hope).

b) respecting player option, in settings, to remove nudity for whatever reasons. Nothing to do with age. I am not remotely close to conservative, but my way is not The Way and it can be just a game/RP choice.

c) role-play, story, writing. Don't give us random nudity à la some recent "TV" series where it does not really fit the story or character.

Last edited by Baraz; 30/11/20 07:00 PM.
W
veteran
veteran
W
In this thread:

The subject is "things that people find shocking or unacceptable." All of those other things are present in the game and are generally things that people find shocking or unacceptable, yet none of them were mentioned and the biggest pressing issue is a D-, awkwardly-animated intercourse scene that isn't particularly explicit. Putting on our thinking caps and understanding what critical thinking is, one could fairly infer that they don't have issues with those other things since those concerns weren't voiced and could have easily been lumped in alongside the complaint of brief pixelated sex.

And if we follow your convenient logic and they actually weren't somehow aware that any of those adult themes were a possibility, then that tells me either one of two things: they pay zero heed to game ratings because they aren't particularly concerned what the kid sees (for a variety of reasons since I'm not blindly assuming things here,) or the kid is mentally and emotionally capable of handling an M rating, in which case this entire post is moot to begin with.

You can’t infer that the OP was okay with content when you don’t have any evidence that they knew the content existed. The OP was only aware of the romance in the game because his son brought it up to him. What you are doing is neither logic nor critical thinking.

The OP was already made aware of the game’s rating and content and moved on. You trying to ridicule him just makes you look immature.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Fantasy "murder" is not the same. There is a detachment from reality when you are slaying monsters. Yes this game does offer some graphic scenes and normally, I dont give it much worry. Murder and sex are not the same in video games. That's like saying Minecraft has murder in it so, it might as well have sex too, which it does, very non graphic, they even make babies... Done with tact.

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
I always find funny those kind of thread. Not only they post to complain about something that is perfectly included in the rating services.

To be honest lower rating is for game that have no sex or nudity but dipitch cruel violence like heads popping off guts spilling over mass of flesh exploding spraying everywhere in blood.

But oh no a pair of naked breasts on the screen is unacceptable.

Sorry is just that i have an hard time to consider more acceptable depitched violence in detail rather than something natural like sex and nudity.
My two cents.

And i am glad some mature games starts to have mature content.

Last edited by Rieline; 30/11/20 07:36 PM.
N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Stikyard
Fantasy "murder" is not the same. There is a detachment from reality when you are slaying monsters. Yes this game does offer some graphic scenes and normally, I dont give it much worry. Murder and sex are not the same in video games. That's like saying Minecraft has murder in it so, it might as well have sex too, which it does, very non graphic, they even make babies... Done with tact.

This game is rated M its qll qbout graphic...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by gorto
the game is rated m for mature - it is not for children.
there is no need for childproofing since it is m rated and not targeted towards children.
It is m rated since there will be no childproofing.
Do not buy mature games for your children. They are not child safe. Thats what mature means.

Also i fully agree with everything xarico has said

Yup, totally agree with this.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Stikyard

A game rated M is all about the graphics, all about showing everything and not hiding it.

An M rated game is not meant for 17 year old's and younger. All because of what it shows blood drugs violence nudity/sex etc and not hiding it like fade to black.

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Like oh no! Shield your children about something natural like nudity and breast and spoon feed them blood and gore that is more acceptable!..

This society is....quite something.

addict
addict
I just looked up the rating level beyond "M", which is "A" for adults only. The description there says the following: "Content suitable only for adults ages 18 and up. May include prolonged scenes of intense violence, graphic sexual content and/or gambling with real currency."

AH HA! So that's where the moral red-line has been drawn! Don't let your children witness gambling with real currency! Whew, glad we don't have to deal with that in BG III ... uh, unless there is a gambling tent like in the Nashkel fairgrounds? Oh oh.

Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by Rieline
I always find funny those kind of thread. Not only they post to complain about something that is perfectly included in the rating services.

To be honest lower rating is for game that have no sex or nudity but dipitch cruel violence like heads popping off guts spilling over mass of flesh exploding spraying everywhere in blood.

Sorry is just that i have an hard time to consider more acceptable depitched violence in detail rather than something natural like sex and nudity.
My two cents.

It's because the violence that's portrayed in movies and videogames is usually nothing like real violence. When it is it's actually pretty impactful (see Joker). Tits are tits. That's how i see it, anyhow.

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Originally Posted by Innateagle
Originally Posted by Rieline

My two cents.

It's because the violence that's portrayed in movies and videogames is usually nothing like real violence. When it is it's actually pretty impactful (see Joker). Tits are tits. That's how i see it, anyhow.

I think is a bland excuse. Reality is that many people see violence ok. BUt when it comes to something natural like nudity and sex they see that as dirty and morally wrong. And beside i am often a very respectful person but when you make a thread on a game rated by M complaining that your children should not playing it. Sorry but that is the parent that is in the wrong.

Last edited by Rieline; 30/11/20 08:54 PM.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
For example, ever play a D&D campaign and one of the player characters tries to hook up with an NPC? It can be fun and entertaining watching the Bard court an NPC. You do a little role play, make a roll to seal the deal and, the DM says something like. "Rembrand and the bar wench take leave of the bar room and head upstairs for a night of romance." Who goes into detail about what happens in the bedroom? It's creepy, nobody does that. The only reason my son made the Choice in the game to sleep with the Drow goblin leader was because he was trying to avoid her trying to kill him at camp. He reloaded and choose to sleep with her and got graphic cut scenes. We play all kinds of "M" rated games. I don't let him play GTA because it's too human, too realistic. D&D offers a fantasy, slaying monsters takes the humanity out of it, like killing zombies.

apprentice
apprentice
If we disregard the sentimental aspect of it, another thing to consider is to consider how much how much money and resources Larian* uses on sex scenes alone and how much that takes away from other aspects of the game, with all that elaborate animation, voice acting and motion capture, especially considering that a lot more of it will likely be coming with the full release of BGIII. BG1/2's romantic encounters simply alluded to sex and I feel that is more than enough for an RPG. I felt those romantic encounters were much more tasteful than what I've seen in BGIII EA so far, especially since most of them centred around love rather than sex and of course the dialogue was much less clunky.

Last edited by deserk; 30/11/20 09:30 PM.
W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by deserk
If we disregard the sentimental aspect of it, another thing to consider is to consider how much how much money and resources Beamdog uses on sex scenes alone and how much that takes away from other aspects of the game, with all that elaborate animation, voice acting and motion capture, especially considering that a lot more of it will likely be coming with the full release of BGIII. BG1/2's romantic encounters simply alluded to sex and I feel that is more than enough for an RPG. I felt those romantic encounters were much more tasteful than what I've seen in BGIII EA so far, especially since most of them centred around love rather than sex and of course the dialogue was much less clunky.

Beamdog?

How dare you!

😂😂😂

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by deserk
If we disregard the sentimental aspect of it, another thing to consider is to consider how much how much money and resources Beamdog uses on sex scenes alone and how much that takes away from other aspects of the game, with all that elaborate animation, voice acting and motion capture, especially considering that a lot more of it will likely be coming with the full release of BGIII. BG1/2's romantic encounters simply alluded to sex and I feel that is more than enough for an RPG. I felt those romantic encounters were much more tasteful than what I've seen in BGIII EA so far, especially since most of them centred around love rather than sex and of course the dialogue was much less clunky.

Beamdog?

How dare you!

😂😂😂

Woops :P

W
veteran
veteran
W
Despite having over 150 hours in BG3 I had yet to see any of the sec scenes, so I YouTubed the Minthara scene, and holy crap that is soooo bad. I’m not talking about being morally objectionable, but just in terms of cringe inducing. I love BG3, but I really do wish Larian had put that time and money elsewhere. 😂

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
You know... People don't go to bed togheter just if they feel love. Sometimes they just love to play with each other even not being in a relationship while i did enjoy that mod i felt some time were quite.. Too much cheesy.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard