Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 18 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 17 18
All of my saves on Stadia were wiped less than 48 hrs after the Patch 3 announcement, so probably a glitch. But I'm glad that I went ahead and created a new character as I inadvertently found a new favorite: Lightfoot Halfling Rogue.

If he gets vanished when the actual patch drops, I'm going to just run him again.

“This year the utopian candy shell has melted away to expose a hard center of bizarre reality.”
G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by Veilburner
Originally Posted by ShaolinStoner
I play on stadia. I know, stadia is the ugly stepchild of the gaming World it seems. But we don't have a way to branch the game like people with $2,000 gaming computers do. I had started my second playthrough last week but there's no point in forging ahead if I'm going to lose all my saved games. On Friday, my dad died of covid and all I want to do is play some Baldur's Gate 3 but I feel like it would be a waste to do so if all my saves become useless tomorrow.

Sorry about your loss. I play on Stadia too. Don't really mind the lack of specifics as to what's new in the patch. But would at least want a time frame. Like this week? Next few days? Doesn't have to be specific but at least something other than soon.

Around the corner. grin

G
stranger
stranger
G
I would suggest Stadia players try new combinations till the new patch comes out....whenever it does...
I'm trying a Shield Dwarf Wizard running around in half plate, battle axe and plenty of HP at the moment. Its also nice to see how the NPC react to the different races. for example, with a Gith, you can do the talking at the Gith bridge, not that it helped when I tried. Goblins treat Drow much different than the other races. I haven't tried all of the others yet myself.

I get the call of Stadia, but you aren't being realistic by claiming it is the same as a $2k box. You don't need any where near a $2k system to play BG3. My PC is and old system I inherited from my deceased FIL some years back. You can get a significantly better one for $300 these days. I added a $170 NVidia 1650super. BG3 auto-set to "ultra" settings. If the PSU from the retired office computer I am describing isn't up to a 1650 super, it would be up to a 1650 vanilla, that I assume would also default to "ultra" settings. Its not just BG3 either. The 2077 that so many people here love to talk about has a recommended CPU of a i7-4790, that you can get in that $300 ex-office computer as well. another $500 on top of that and you'd blow away recommended setting for 2077, but not the real high end ray tracing without a fair bit more. Does Stadia give you cutting edge ray tracing? Stadia's cost looks to be $10 a month, plus whatever it costs to get that level of connectivity. I'm on cellular internet, so it wouldn't be a good option for me regardless, but lets figure another $20 for the added bandwidth for most. If we figure it is the equivalent of a ~$500 machine, reduce the cost by the ~$100 for the controller, and we have a $400 PC premium. That gets paid for in just over a year by my numbers. Now we get these issues and the possibility for me to mod my games, and play off-line, the PC option looks better and better, especially if we consider it will still have value in a year.

stranger
stranger
Look I like you Larian but I need to make a personal note to not digest your announcements till a couple weeks later for timeliness. Not playing the game, waiting for the patch. Better be a big one. Please drop it before cyberpunk or bg3 won't be touched much till that's done by a lot of people.
I am about 100% convinced that they really just felt like they needed to say something after realizing they had been silent for a month, I don't think I've ever seen a patch announcement give so little information.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Abits
Please guys, no more soon, out of the door, around the corner, or any other vague time frame

Yeah it's kinda funny has how this has gotten worse -- the EA announcement was done right. August. Maybe. Everyone got that COVID was real and guesstimates are guesstimates. And the "soon" is going backwards.

I'd be happy with "we're shooting for a week but major bugs could ruin those plans" an estimate with some wiggle room.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
Please guys, no more soon, out of the door, around the corner, or any other vague time frame

Yeah it's kinda funny has how this has gotten worse -- the EA announcement was done right. August. Maybe. Everyone got that COVID was real and guesstimates are guesstimates. And the "soon" is going backwards.

I'd be happy with "we're shooting for a week but major bugs could ruin those plans" an estimate with some wiggle room.

Right, I feel like I'm going insane trying to decipher what 'just around the corner' means. Obviously longer than the amount of time it takes for people to start talking in your forum post about that being kind of a bs phrase that doesn't say anything.

journeyman
journeyman
Thanks so much. My fingers are crossed that we get the patch tomorrow and I can go back to having something fun to do to take my mind off things.

Shaolin Stoner
addict
addict
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit

Imo it's very understandable they don't give exact day of the patch - if they happen to discover a gamebreaking bug a day prior to patchday and it gets delayed, people are going to be like "YOU FUCKEN PROMISED".

But something like "probably this week/next week" would be very welcome. And would make people... not go crazy. If that soft deadline is to be missed anyway, they can always tweet "sorry guys, something that needs fixing came up, the patch is going to be delayed, likely a couple of days". That's all they'd need to do.

Idk, the communication was much better pre-EA release.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Problem is people read "Maybe next week" as "Very definitely next week".

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Some_Twerp753

Yeah, I know... But I think there's less people who'll read it as "definitely" than people who'll be uneasy not knowing any remote estimate. Just look at this thread. :P

G
stranger
stranger
G
no reason they can't give a reasonable time-frame, like "expected to go live between Nov. 30th and December 5th"

Any bugs in the patch can't be worse than what is already out there. This is also a production patch. they aren't claiming perfection like another studio that I am not naming.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Groo
no reason they can't give a reasonable time-frame, like "expected to go live between Nov. 30th and December 5th"

Any bugs in the patch can't be worse than what is already out there. This is also a production patch. they aren't claiming perfection like another studio that I am not naming.

The problem is, any timeframe given and not met will be met with outrage. They can't win no matter what they do. If they release with a bug that wipes all your saves after playing for 2 hours, people will scream. If they wait to release the day after they said they would, people will be offended and make claims that the devs kick puppies.

Maybe instead of "around the corner" Larian would've been better off just omitting any sort of timeframe. Just bluntly say that the next patch will wipe your saves if you take it. Whenever that comes.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Groo
I get the call of Stadia, but you aren't being realistic by claiming it is the same as a $2k box. You don't need any where near a $2k system to play BG3. My PC is and old system I inherited from my deceased FIL some years back. You can get a significantly better one for $300 these days. I added a $170 NVidia 1650super. BG3 auto-set to "ultra" settings. If the PSU from the retired office computer I am describing isn't up to a 1650 super, it would be up to a 1650 vanilla, that I assume would also default to "ultra" settings. Its not just BG3 either. The 2077 that so many people here love to talk about has a recommended CPU of a i7-4790, that you can get in that $300 ex-office computer as well. another $500 on top of that and you'd blow away recommended setting for 2077, but not the real high end ray tracing without a fair bit more. Does Stadia give you cutting edge ray tracing? Stadia's cost looks to be $10 a month, plus whatever it costs to get that level of connectivity. I'm on cellular internet, so it wouldn't be a good option for me regardless, but lets figure another $20 for the added bandwidth for most. If we figure it is the equivalent of a ~$500 machine, reduce the cost by the ~$100 for the controller, and we have a $400 PC premium. That gets paid for in just over a year by my numbers. Now we get these issues and the possibility for me to mod my games, and play off-line, the PC option looks better and better, especially if we consider it will still have value in a year.

My apologies. I'm a Canadian so I'm talking Canadian dollars. And if I was going to get a new machine to play the game on I would want it to be at its highest settings. I was also kind of exaggerating. Artistic license. Hahaha.

When it comes to the cost of stadia, I don't have a 4K television. I don't have 5.1 surround. Because of that I don't need anything more than the free account for stadia. It doesn't cost me anything per month I just buy the game just like any other platform. I live in the middle of Canada. I am in a rural place and I can barely get enough internet to run stadia but so far it works pretty good for me.

I am also old. I was old when Baldur's Gate 2 was released 20 years ago. Even older now. Hahaha. I don't play 15 different games. I play one. Baldur's Gate 3. I've been waiting for it for two decades and I'm loving the game. Certainly not worth buying a new computer just to play one game even if it ends up being the best game ever.

Shaolin Stoner
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
This thread has more pages than the #10 update. No new game information generating more traffic. Come on Larian you can see people are dying here.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by cgexile
This thread has more pages than the #10 update. No new game information generating more traffic. Come on Larian you can see people are dying here.

It's true.... we ARE dying here @Larian! Give us a preview video interview on the new features, or something. Anything...

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Some_Twerp753

This is EXACTLY why.

H
apprentice
apprentice
H
When did the "patch imminent" warning on the launch start. I just got *quite* the shock.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by hypostase
When did the "patch imminent" warning on the launch start. I just got *quite* the shock.

Maybe I just didn't notice it, but I think that's very new, yeah.
Seeing how it's Tuesday and all, I wouldn't be surprised if the patch drops today.

H
apprentice
apprentice
H
Originally Posted by Weiglgasse

Maybe I just didn't notice it, but I think that's very new, yeah.
Seeing how it's Tuesday and all, I wouldn't be surprised if the patch drops today.

That seems likely. It looks to me that they're doing everything they can to make sure we get enough warning so we don't accidentally lose saves, without over-committing to a date, like some that could be mentioned

stranger
stranger
That seems likely. It looks to me that they're doing everything they can to make sure we get enough warning so we don't accidentally lose saves, without over-committing to a date, like some that could be mentioned

And still, loads of people will miss it and be super mad, haha

Page 8 of 18 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard