Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18
Originally Posted by hypostase
When did the "patch imminent" warning on the launch start. I just got *quite* the shock.

imminent to larian could mean next week lol

G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by T2aV
When did the "patch imminent" warning on the launch start. I just got *quite* the shock.

Around the corner.

Looks Good please add Barbarian Gnomes.

Originally Posted by DanteYoda
Looks Good please add Barbarian Gnomes.

Like This Gnome Barbarian?

B
B
Originally Posted by Uncle Lester
Idk, the communication was much better pre-EA release.

I'm guessing they've run into a few major problems that they don't quite know how to fix yet, and that's taking up all their attention (as well as making it so that they can't provide a precise time estimate for the next update).

I am sure that things will improve on the communication front.

Originally Posted by Bittereinder
Originally Posted by Uncle Lester
Idk, the communication was much better pre-EA release.

I'm guessing they've run into a few major problems that they don't quite know how to fix yet, and that's taking up all their attention (as well as making it so that they can't provide a precise time estimate for the next update).

I am sure that things will improve on the communication front.

I'm not sure they want to keep us informed every day of the progression. It's EA, still very early from the final release, they probably wish to address each story by priority, and release an update whenever there is a stable revision.
And they did post an early heads-up that it would be coming, and how to prepare for it.

So I'm not sure what else you'd like to be informed of?

As for the guessing... I'd probably not venture too much without knowing anything at all of what they are doing right now wink

S
S
That even assumes there is daily progress. wink

G
stranger
stranger
G

Well now we know that imminent is more then 3 hours
If they tell us how many imminents are in one corner and how many corners are in "soon" we might be able to calculate the full release date?

Last edited by gorto; 01/12/20 05:31 PM.
Originally Posted by SacredWitness
That even assumes there is daily progress. wink

Given that the steamdb is updated daily (except on the weekends) there probably is wink
https://steamdb.info/app/1086940/depots/

Originally Posted by gorto

Well now we know that imminent is more then 3 hours
If they tell us how many imminents are in one corner and how many corners are in "soon" we might be able to calculate the full release date?

lmao! too true!

B
B
Originally Posted by Redglyph
I'm not sure they want to keep us informed every day of the progression. It's EA, still very early from the final release, they probably wish to address each story by priority, and release an update whenever there is a stable revision.
And they did post an early heads-up that it would be coming, and how to prepare for it.

So I'm not sure what else you'd like to be informed of?

I don't know why you're addressing this to me, I'm not particularly impatient. Lots of people in this thread are, though.

Haven't played in a bit, now the start screen has this message "Patch Imminent", how long has that been there?

[Linked Image]

veteran
veteran
A few hours

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by gaymer

Around the corner.

This made me lol

addict
addict
It's been all day today...

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
I am honestly baffled. THis is an ea. Of course. But claim the patch in around the corner then say is imminent and nothing happens is going to upset a lot the community.

Word of advise larian. Next time just write "soon."

Last edited by Rieline; 01/12/20 07:58 PM.
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Originally Posted by Jess_Larian

Patch 3 (which hasn’t been named yet) is just around the corner, and with it comes the first changes that affect story. Unfortunately, this means Patch 3 will introduce the first save incompatibility, transitioning to the new version.

Fret not, however! Each patch will come alongside a secondary branch which will allow you to continue playing the previous version with your existing savegames, until you decide you’re ready to play on the latest version.

Note: Branching unfortunately won’t be available on Stadia for the moment.

First, I should say that I am playing on Stadia.

So it has now been 7 days and I still cannot play the game as I know my saves will become incompatible.

If I knew that 'round the corner' meant in the distant future I could have finished my current game.

So your mileage may vary, but for me this is very bad communication.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Rieline
I am honestly baffled. THis is an ea. Of course. But claim the patch in around the corner then say is imminent and nothing happens is going to upset a lot the community.

Word of advise larian. Next time just write "soon."

Or do what worked before? "We're shooting for August but COVID may slow us down"

The only people who freaked out were obvious trolls. It's strange -- in the past communication has been one of their strengths.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by logic_wrecked
Originally Posted by Jess_Larian

Patch 3 (which hasn’t been named yet) is just around the corner, and with it comes the first changes that affect story. Unfortunately, this means Patch 3 will introduce the first save incompatibility, transitioning to the new version.

Fret not, however! Each patch will come alongside a secondary branch which will allow you to continue playing the previous version with your existing savegames, until you decide you’re ready to play on the latest version.

Note: Branching unfortunately won’t be available on Stadia for the moment.

First, I should say that I am playing on Stadia.

So it has now been 7 days and I still cannot play the game as I know my saves will become incompatible.

If I knew that 'round the corner' meant in the distant future I could have finished my current game.

So your mileage may vary, but for me this is very bad communication.

+1 , fellow stadian here.
Kinda revolting to think that it only takes x-seconds for someone at Larian to simply tweet 'sorry for those peeps having their hopes up but patch will/wont release today/thisweek/whatever'. I know it's probably not their intention but I am growing incredibly annoyed by their inability to inform us instead of this unbearable trolling and teasing over and over. I mean how hard can it be to just write something along the lines of 'oops taking more time than initially planned' 'found issues in patch' 'doing final testing on patch' 'waiting for x before patch'. I get they don't want to pin dates and all that but a rough estimation would be nice, for all I know 'around the corner' could mean Xmass or newyear.... What a shitshow...

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Not the I want to be a contrarian, but as much as I know the English language the expression "around the corner" means "not far away, or going to happen soon" [due to the fact that English is a language I learnt for fun I got help by the Cambridge vocabulary].

Not far away.

Going to happen soon.

I get that the second version of the meaning uses the "going to" that means something thas is bound to happen sometime into the future because it has been already planned, but I'm pretty sure that people read it as "not far away", something that is comprehensible, people craves for immediate satisfaction specially if they pay. Moreover a lot of players are non native users of English, a situation that implies a lesser understanding of the nuances of idioms like the one used by Larian]

Something a good social media comunicator (forums are elders of the social platforms) must be aware of.

Larian's staff made a bold move, someone doesn't need to be a troll to freak out after such an annoucement, one that, also, comes out in a period when people is more stressed than usual because of the pandemic and thus searching for ways to let it out.

I learnt to be patient (try to be a middle school teacher without having an almost infinite reserve of patience laugh laugh laugh laugh ) so I don't care, but I get if people start to loose it and start to feel frustrated every and each day that it's summed up for the launch of the patch (a patch that has been advertised as something that will bring big changes to the game, so much indeed that there's gonna be incompatibility with the current saved games).

Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard