Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18
Damn it, Larian! Just give us an ETA. I am tired of coming here to this thread to check whether the patch is available so that I can reinstall the game.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Choosen of KEK
Damn it, Larian! Just give us an ETA. I am tired of coming here to this thread to check whether the patch is available so that I can reinstall the game.

Reinstall? Are you trying to kill your SSD with the help of the game or what?

Originally Posted by Zellin

Considering that each update required about 80 GB free I just uninstalled it until things get a bit fixed. GoG was crying every time a new hotfix drops otherwise.

Last edited by Choosen of KEK; 01/12/20 10:06 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Choosen of KEK
Originally Posted by Zellin

Considering that each update required about 80 GB free I just uninstalled it until things get a bit fixed.

I don't remember it requiring that much of free space for updates for me. You probably caught that bug, which was causing reinstallation with each update before. It was fixed some time ago.
Oh, you added that you're using GoG. So yes, GoG had that exact bug.

Last edited by Zellin; 01/12/20 10:11 PM. Reason: about GOG
T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Originally Posted by Bufotenina
Not the I want to be a contrarian, but as much as I know the English language the expression "around the corner" means "not far away, or going to happen soon" [due to the fact that English is a language I learnt for fun I got help by the Cambridge vocabulary].

Not far away.

Going to happen soon.

I get that the second version of the meaning uses the "going to" that means something thas is bound to happen sometime into the future because it has been already planned, but I'm pretty sure that people read it as "not far away", something that is comprehensible, people craves for immediate satisfaction specially if they pay. Moreover a lot of players are non native users of English, a situation that implies a lesser understanding of the nuances of idioms like the one used by Larian]

Something a good social media comunicator (forums are elders of the social platforms) must be aware of.

Larian's staff made a bold move, someone doesn't need to be a troll to freak out after such an annoucement, one that, also, comes out in a period when people is more stressed than usual because of the pandemic and thus searching for ways to let it out.

I learnt to be patient (try to be a middle school teacher without having an almost infinite reserve of patience laugh laugh laugh laugh ) so I don't care, but I get if people start to loose it and start to feel frustrated every and each day that it's summed up for the launch of the patch (a patch that has been advertised as something that will bring big changes to the game, so much indeed that there's gonna be incompatibility with the current saved games).

There's a reason Blizzard trademarked soonâ„¢... ;p

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Bufotenina
Not the I want to be a contrarian, but as much as I know the English language the expression "around the corner" means "not far away, or going to happen soon" [due to the fact that English is a language I learnt for fun I got help by the Cambridge vocabulary].

Not far away.

Going to happen soon.

I get that the second version of the meaning uses the "going to" that means something thas is bound to happen sometime into the future because it has been already planned, but I'm pretty sure that people read it as "not far away", something that is comprehensible, people craves for immediate satisfaction specially if they pay. Moreover a lot of players are non native users of English, a situation that implies a lesser understanding of the nuances of idioms like the one used by Larian]

Something a good social media comunicator (forums are elders of the social platforms) must be aware of.

Larian's staff made a bold move, someone doesn't need to be a troll to freak out after such an annoucement, one that, also, comes out in a period when people is more stressed than usual because of the pandemic and thus searching for ways to let it out.

I learnt to be patient (try to be a middle school teacher without having an almost infinite reserve of patience laugh laugh laugh laugh ) so I don't care, but I get if people start to loose it and start to feel frustrated every and each day that it's summed up for the launch of the patch (a patch that has been advertised as something that will bring big changes to the game, so much indeed that there's gonna be incompatibility with the current saved games).

with that being said....

GIMME GIMME GIMME NOW GIMME GIMME GIMME NOW

G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by logic_wrecked
Originally Posted by Jess_Larian

Patch 3 (which hasn’t been named yet) is just around the corner, and with it comes the first changes that affect story. Unfortunately, this means Patch 3 will introduce the first save incompatibility, transitioning to the new version.

Fret not, however! Each patch will come alongside a secondary branch which will allow you to continue playing the previous version with your existing savegames, until you decide you’re ready to play on the latest version.

Note: Branching unfortunately won’t be available on Stadia for the moment.

First, I should say that I am playing on Stadia.

So it has now been 7 days and I still cannot play the game as I know my saves will become incompatible.

If I knew that 'round the corner' meant in the distant future I could have finished my current game.

So your mileage may vary, but for me this is very bad communication.

Exactly. Imagine getting news that you can't continue on because at any moment your game is going to be wiped and it's coming AROUND THE CORNER. And you stop playing thinking it's coming AROUND THE CORNER.

Over a week later, it's radio silence. No one is asking them to release a major patch before it is finished but can someone from Larian just say what is going on and how much longer it takes to go around a corner.

The way they have handled this whole thing is going to start affecting their reputation and they're already getting heat from other aspects of this game. It's not that difficult to communicate to someone.

old hand
old hand
Thanks Larian, I won't sleep tonight. Where is our patch? I want to test the Drow mage and watch new content to discuss it on the forum

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Thanks Larian, I won't sleep tonight. Where is our patch? I want to test the Drow mage and watch new content to discuss it on the forum

It's midnight in Belgium, so I'mma go to sleep. Wonder when the patch will hit, but not tonight, that's for sure.

addict
addict
I don't think it will be today... Or tomorrow...

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
stranger
stranger
I patiently wait in the shadows for this patch to drop

To Be Forgotten Is Worse Than Death
old hand
old hand
We Demand More Sexy Community Update

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
B
stranger
stranger
B
When you're looking at the entirety of 2020, New Years Day is just around the corner.

journeyman
journeyman
The carrot is rotting on the fishing line in front of the Donkey.... yes i am the jack ass

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
I'm just wondering what "just around the corner means" is it the corner 10000 ks away or the next turn. This game has clearly been released far too early, and as a gamer I know delaying tactics when I see them. I'm sorry maybe you guys should have kept this one in the oven for a few more years as it is in grave danger of becoming irrelevant long before ever being released. Don't give us rubbish like that give us a date you know tomorrow or the next day. In fact just around the corner is now getting cobwebs on it. And as for "pre patch announcement" you've got to be kidding this just another mindless delaying tactic.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Kerro
And as for "pre patch announcement" you've got to be kidding this just another mindless delaying tactic.

This is reasonable, it's to give people time to do whatever about branching so they don't whine about saves getting wiped. 2-3 days prior would be enough, though...

G
stranger
stranger
G
I'm just wondering what "just around the corner means" is it the corner 10000 ks away or the next turn. This game has clearly been released far too early, and as a gamer I know delaying tactics when I see them. I'm sorry maybe you guys should have kept this one in the oven for a few more years as it is in grave danger of becoming irrelevant long before ever being released. Don't give us rubbish like that give us a date you know tomorrow or the next day. In fact just around the corner is now getting cobwebs on it. And as for "pre patch announcement" you've got to be kidding this just another mindless delaying tactic.

You really made an account to post .... that?
Either way welcome to the forum brother and as a fellow Gamer myself im just wondering how a post announcing a patch can at the same time only exist as a delaying tactic for said patch.

addict
addict
It would be better if they said a specific date, if something went wrong, they would reschedule and say another specific date. It's easier than guessing "when" every day.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
veteran
veteran

Which part of "Early Access" wasn't clear, genius? "the game has been released far too early" Jeebus, not even the BASICS!

Having said that, however, I would like to reitarate that "just around the corner" shouldn't equate with "more than a week later". Unless the corner is that of the Titanic. Sunk.

Last edited by Dark_Ansem; 02/12/20 11:34 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Larian did screw the pooch on this one ZERO communication with the client base. Lets be realistic here its better get a 'sorry guys but work on patch takes longer then expected, we got no estimated date for it' then just click the Radio Silence button ...

Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard