Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 25 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 24 25
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Uncle Lester
Originally Posted by Leuenherz
Originally Posted by Dexai
Are Outsiders still a classification in 5e?

I don't recall the term cropping up. It's certainly not used as an actual monster classification in the rules.

I've noticed it as well, anyone has an idea why it's the case? There are many instances where it's specified "fiends, celestials, fey, elementals" (like Abjure the Extraplanar). Would be much easier with just "Outsiders" and the creatures having appropriate tags (Abishai: Outsider - fiend (devil) or something like that).

According to Mike Mearls they removed it, because it was too "generic".

Here is a link for a tweet from Mike Mearls regarding the subject: https://www.sageadvice.eu/2017/08/07/outsider-where-did-they-go-in-5e-why/

Personally, I would've thought it was due streamlining and minimizing creature types and tags.

T
stranger
stranger
T
The more characters the merrier and the more diverse the better. I love all the current companions but I feel there is a little overlap in their demeanor at times. Here are two ideas that I would enjoy seeing in the game:

A mature knight errant or ronin styled paladin. - Not your stereotypical cartoonish naïve judgmental douche.
One that is wise, reserved, and careful in their judgment of others. They have a philosophical depth to them. A stoic nuanced paladin perhaps seeking redemption to an oath sworn not to a god but a lost lover or mentor. They are rarely snarky and would retort to humorous jabs at them or the situation with wise stoic one-liners imparting lessons of wisdom and honor. This character could be any race or sex but I think they would be most interesting as a female dwarf.
---
A struggling adventuring Sorcerer who is introverted, self-loathing, mostly sad, rarely brave but is incredibly powerful. They could get their powers from a cursed bloodline and prefer solitude so they don’t hurt others when they lose control of their wild magic; perhaps they too are seeking a powerful healer or magic-user to help them control or get rid of their powers/curse.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Thorion
The more characters the merrier and the more diverse the better. I love all the current companions but I feel there is a little overlap in their demeanor at times. Here are two ideas that I would enjoy seeing in the game:

A mature knight errant or ronin styled paladin. - Not your stereotypical cartoonish naïve judgmental douche.
One that is wise, reserved, and careful in their judgment of others. They have a philosophical depth to them. A stoic nuanced paladin perhaps seeking redemption to an oath sworn not to a god but a lost lover or mentor. They are rarely snarky and would retort to humorous jabs at them or the situation with wise stoic one-liners imparting lessons of wisdom and honor. This character could be any race or sex but I think they would be most interesting as a female dwarf.
---
A struggling adventuring Sorcerer who is introverted, self-loathing, mostly sad, rarely brave but is incredibly powerful. They could get their powers from a cursed bloodline and prefer solitude so they don’t hurt others when they lose control of their wild magic; perhaps they too are seeking a powerful healer or magic-user to help them control or get rid of their powers/curse.

Man, these are great, love the idea.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Uncle Lester
Originally Posted by Dexai
Are Outsiders still a classification in 5e?

I don't recall the term cropping up. It's certainly not used as an actual monster classification in the rules.

I've noticed it as well, anyone has an idea why it's the case? There are many instances where it's specified "fiends, celestials, fey, elementals" (like Abjure the Extraplanar). Would be much easier with just "Outsiders" and the creatures having appropriate tags (Abishai: Outsider - fiend (devil) or something like that).

According to Mike Mearls they removed it, because it was too "generic".

Here is a link for a tweet from Mike Mearls regarding the subject: https://www.sageadvice.eu/2017/08/07/outsider-where-did-they-go-in-5e-why/

Personally, I would've thought it was due streamlining and minimizing creature types and tags.

Thanks for the link!

Huh. That's a weird excuse...? Maybe they first developed the classification (only types and tags) and decided to stick to it, even if it's limiting. Then again, I see that, for example, abishai are "Type: Fiend, Tag(s): Devil". So nothing seems to stand in the way of adding "Outsider" tag, even if it's not the "type".

Originally Posted by Eldath
Originally Posted by DanteYoda

I actually want Gnomes, Halflings and Dwarves.. i have no interest in edgy drows and githyanki..

I agree on dwarves and halflings, but if gnomes were deleted from the D&D universe, that would frankly bet a net benefit to all of us.

You realise Halflings are smaller than Gnomes in D&D.
That said whats the hate on Gnomes that can't be added to Halflings?

Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
Originally Posted by Verte
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
This is why Dark Sun is the best D&D setting. Gnomes have been entirely wiped out.

You really hate short people.

I don't hate short people. Gnomes are not people.

Also, Dark Sun halflings are AWESOME.

I don't get you don't like Gnomes but you are ok with Halflings.... What... confused

How are Gnomes not people, Elves are not people then, neither are humans or Drow.. You sound like you just say stuff to set off flame wars..

If anything is not people its Teiflings.. They are kind of an organic construct.. made by devils.

Last edited by DanteYoda; 01/12/20 04:14 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Add a succubus companion, a romanceable succubus companion and I"ll be happy

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Originally Posted by Iszaryn

Having a succubus/incubus companion that was non-romanceable would be odd. And I use the word 'romanceable' in its loosest form, here.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Sadurian

Having a succubus/incubus companion that was non-romanceable would be odd. And I use the word 'romanceable' in its loosest form, here.

Planescape: Torment did it.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Warlocke
Originally Posted by Sadurian

Planescape: Torment did it.

No kisses then.

PsT did it and did it right. Although FFG's promise was sweet and, one can say, even romantic. wink

I kill every companion I meet.......

Banned
Banned

I actually want Gnomes, Halflings and Dwarves.. i have no interest in edgy drows and githyanki..

I agree on dwarves and halflings, but if gnomes were deleted from the D&D universe, that would frankly bet a net benefit to all of us.

It has nothing to do with height, it has everything to do with being a forced "look how cute and funny I am" race.
Truly, I would sooner exterminate gnomes then tieflings, and I really hate tieflings.

If anything is not people its Teiflings.. They are kind of an organic construct.. made by devils.

And in what edition are tieflings described as "organic construct made by devils"?
Personally, I don’t remember the fifth, third, second or even fourth edition described them like that.

Hello there.

It has nothing to do with height, it has everything to do with being a forced "look how cute and funny I am" race.
Truly, I would sooner exterminate gnomes then tieflings, and I really hate tieflings.

I dunno what type of Gnomes you play but halflings fit that description way more.. Halflings are way more cutsey.

Originally Posted by BuckettMonkey

And in what edition are tieflings described as "organic construct made by devils"?
Personally, I don’t remember the fifth, third, second or even fourth edition described them like that.

Well their whole race is by product of devil deals and pacts, how are they made not by sex originally..

Tieflings were usually descended from fiends but not the same as half-fiends, since a Tiefling's fiendish ancestry lies further up the family tree. This description remained true in 3rd Edition. In 4th Edition Dungeons & Dragons, tieflings are a race whose human ancestors made a bargain with devils to increase their power.

They are made like a construct.

Please add Sazza as a character we can romance or at least add female Gnome and Halfling to be romance

Thanks

Or please let us make our own companions.

Last edited by DanteYoda; 01/12/20 02:38 PM.
Well their whole race is by product of devil deals and pacts, how are they made not by sex originally..

Tieflings were usually descended from fiends but not the same as half-fiends, since a Tiefling's fiendish ancestry lies further up the family tree. This description remained true in 3rd Edition. In 4th Edition Dungeons & Dragons, tieflings are a race whose human ancestors made a bargain with devils to increase their power.

So you're not considering tieflings descended from the copulation of a cambion and a mortal race? Or tieflings and other tieflings? Or splash of power from the Lower Planes?

For fun's sake, do you consider other planetouched races to be "organic constructs"?

Last edited by BuckettMonkey; 01/12/20 02:57 PM.

Hello there.
Banned
Banned
Please add Sazza as a character we can romance or at least add female Gnome and Halfling to be romance

Thanks

You already can make your own companions. Or at least they promised you could.

W
veteran
veteran
W

Thanks

You already can make your own companions. Or at least they promised you could.

Making entire custom parties is indeed in the game now, but you need to jump through hoops to do it.

old hand
old hand
A hot and busty companion.

T
Banned
Banned
T
A companion that is prostitute. Please keep in mind that in my country Finland, Europe prostitution is legal and I personally do note see nothing wrong in it (as long as adult age and voluntary) though prostitution is much less common then say in Germany Europe.

Aah a monster like Succubus though the TV series that I found an succubus was to lame for my taste.

If no such companion included then please later acts a Brothel.

Oh and please do not consider this a political statement. I am talking about stuff into a game.

Page 13 of 25 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 24 25

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard