Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
fixxer Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Quoting my post on the recent update thread;

This update is such a massive missed opportunity.

PC's KB+Mouse controls regarding inventory management are awful and are truly one of the main flaws with the game.
Moving hundreds of items from inventory to a bag on PC takes upwards of tens of minutes, but can be achieved in mere seconds on Controllers. Why is there no QOL regarding inventory management? Is it just not possible?

The Gift Bag for inventory bags not working with crafting etc, is also a big issue yet continues to plague the game rendering them basically useless to anyone that wansts to craft or use the bags easily.

Inventory management has been a real achilles heel for this game for so long and it's really disheartening that it's still not addressed....
Don't get me wrong the updates are appreciated but i just wish someone would listen to the community about this. Inventory management in this game is holding it back so much. It's *that* bad, it just makes me not want to play it because of the amount of effort required. Controller makes it a lot easier but you lose so much of the functionality.

I am making it a separate thread too because inventory management in the game really holds it back from being so much better. I don't want to use controller to be able to easily bulk-move items.. the 'hold in hand' feautre is really neat on controller, and multi-select and being able to sort from within bags. If they were available on PC this would really turn the inventory-management issue around and make the game so much better. It's such a massive QOL feature it blows my mind it's not already in the game or hasn't been addressed yet..

Can someone please clarify if there's any reason this hasn't been addressed by now? Is it just not possible within the game due to some kind of technical limitation/reason?

Thanks

Last edited by fixxer; 05/10/20 05:34 AM.
stranger
stranger
Sorting with bags and "remove all from bag" would be really, really nice!

stranger
stranger
My two cents...this is a big deal and is super annoying to have to sell or move items one at a time sucks a ton; however, I think there are more important issues that need to be addressed while we are in early access than a QoL fix. Until Larian has time to work out most of the bugs...gonna be hard to get um all...QoL is more of a thing i wouldn't expect to see until we are out of early access stages of the game. This is me just saying don't hold your breath on this one to be the top priority for Larian but i do 100% agree with you the QoL fix would be super amazing to have.

Additionally there is a sort feature...its towards the top center, right of the screen while you are in your inventory(if this is what you mean)

Last edited by Mentor; 14/10/20 03:11 PM. Reason: Addressing the Comment on Sorting Feature
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Mentor
My two cents...this is a big deal and is super annoying to have to sell or move items one at a time sucks a ton; however, I think there are more important issues that need to be addressed while we are in early access than a QoL fix. Until Larian has time to work out most of the bugs...gonna be hard to get um all...QoL is more of a thing i wouldn't expect to see until we are out of early access stages of the game. This is me just saying don't hold your breath on this one to be the top priority for Larian but i do 100% agree with you the QoL fix would be super amazing to have.

Additionally there is a sort feature...its towards the top center, right of the screen while you are in your inventory(if this is what you mean)

The game was released over three years ago; why do you consider it early access? Do you think this is a BG3 thread?

I mean sorting within bags.

Last edited by EvilRebar; 14/10/20 07:37 PM.
Originally Posted by EvilRebar
Sorting with bags and "remove all from bag" would be really, really nice!

I agree. Also, "remove from bag" would be a great option, for both kb+mouse and controller.

I've been using the workaround of "add to wares" the item (in the bag), which removes it from the bag. Then I "remove from wares" the item.

N
stranger
stranger
N
+1

IMHO, what really missing are:
- auto-sort always on
- multiple select, then "action"
- ship chest should be like inventory, not just a plain chest

And the inventory issue is inherited by BG3 now.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard