Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Akzumon
Larian did screw the pooch on this one ZERO communication with the client base. Lets be realistic here its better get a 'sorry guys but work on patch takes longer then expected, we got no estimated date for it' then just click the Radio Silence button ...

Zero communication I can deal with - as long as they actually take the feedback into account, not like the did with DOS2 and the godawful armor system

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by BilboWPG
When you're looking at the entirety of 2020, New Years Day is just around the corner.

hey, why not go all the way? on the scale of the universe, the year 20.001 is just around the corner

Last edited by Sigi98; 02/12/20 01:23 PM.
B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by Kerro
I'm just wondering what "just around the corner means" is it the corner 10000 ks away or the next turn. This game has clearly been released far too early, and as a gamer I know delaying tactics when I see them. I'm sorry maybe you guys should have kept this one in the oven for a few more years as it is in grave danger of becoming irrelevant long before ever being released. Don't give us rubbish like that give us a date you know tomorrow or the next day. In fact just around the corner is now getting cobwebs on it. And as for "pre patch announcement" you've got to be kidding this just another mindless delaying tactic.

Far too early content-wise but unless there is another entity backing Larian up, we could see this particular EA as an acceptable way to get another source of funding. It goes beyond having a wide sample of unpaid beta testers.
I do not expect the game to be released in 2021 and that's good. Now they have the money so let's grant them time to reassess and develop. That game really needs it because beyond some valid pillars coming from their latest opus (and hopefully a great story), many/most other domains and aspects of the game are unsatisfactory.

A
stranger
stranger
A
well its seems like we got something https://twitter.com/Cromwelp/status/1334130153715355649

G
stranger
stranger
G
OOOOOO HYPE

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
Sorry unless I'm mistaken that tweet is for Overwatch. I don't play that.

Larian just love to watch us suffer! I feel like they enjoy being vague just to see how this community spirals into conspiracy theories! I love it! Thank you for being such a tease!

They certainly like to tease wink

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Veilburner

You're obviously mistaken. Why even thought it's Overwatch?

veteran
veteran
6 pages long? sounds like a belated April fool.

G
stranger
stranger
G
imagine if the patch notes come out and its just 6 pages of very very detailed uncomfortably worded descriptions of romantic scenes they added

stranger
stranger
This is actually some of the most piss poor communication I have ever seen in an EA title. It doesn't take but one minute to post something on twitter, this is not good business and no way to treat customers who PAID to QA your game. Get your act together.

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
Originally Posted by Zellin
Originally Posted by Veilburner

You're obviously mistaken. Why even thought it's Overwatch?

Some of the comments sorry don't use Twitter so not sure what they're called have images of Overwatch. And since I don't use Twitter or don't really pay attention I didn't know that that tweet was from someone who works on the game

Nevermind. Since I don't use Twitter just noticed the comments about Overwatch were from other tweets not regarding that tweet.

Pardon my stupidity

Last edited by Veilburner; 02/12/20 05:18 PM.
G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by SkinnyShin
This is actually some of the most piss poor communication I have ever seen in an EA title. It doesn't take but one minute to post something on twitter, this is not good business and no way to treat customers who PAID to QA your game. Get your act together.

Agreed. The way they are managing this game on both the customer side and the application side is going to have a severe dent to their reputation if they continue in this manner.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Maybe today? We're fast approaching a time when the "imminent" description is going to time out...;) What's this--10 days from the "right around the corner" post? Gog also has the means for a beta branch, but actually, since everything we have so far is alpha-level, I think "update to latest version" (or not) works just as well.

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Waltc
Maybe today? We're fast approaching a time when the "imminent" description is going to time out...;) What's this--10 days from the "right around the corner" post? Gog also has the means for a beta branch, but actually, since everything we have so far is alpha-level, I think "update to latest version" (or not) works just as well.

So to me, "around the corner"... I can take that with a grain of salt. No problem, to me "around the corner" is more than a week and up to interpretation. What pisses me off is the "Patch Imminent" On my login screen. Imminent in NOT up for interpretation. Imminent means within the next damn hour or so.

B
B
Almost quitting time in Flanders, so if it's today it would probably have to be within the next hour.

Originally Posted by gorto
imagine if the patch notes come out and its just 6 pages of very very detailed uncomfortably worded descriptions of romantic scenes they added

Everyone loves a fan fiction

A
stranger
stranger
A
Maybe its time to pick the chaotic evil choise and start review bombing the game on steam ;D

Hey folks, I have good news !
This is a little off the record here, cuz I have some sources about Patch 3 ETA from a secret informant working for Larian, but I will give it away...
I have been told it is imminent
Don't thank me

Last edited by Lunar Dante; 02/12/20 04:26 PM.
Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard